Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what do u think of nyc clubs today

i think they need to be improved. I should neva go out and not have a awesome time. I think all the dj's need to throw down sick motha fuckin sets every week. And teh fucking vibe and atomosphere need to improve. Like what i heard of the old tunnel and shit like that. What i would like to see if someone like DT in a big club like exit. not draper. I think draper should either move to vinyl or his basement.

I think the clubs need to work more with their enviornments and settings. The clubs these days have some sick sound systems, some nice talent coming in, but nothing sets these clubs apart from each other. There are no cool sceanaries no cool enviorments. I think clubs need to start with some cool themes, and this will make people get into the atmosphere more... More places to sit might help as well, maybe some tables and chairs or something along those lines where people can chat. Maybe a quiet room where people can talk... Just a few suggestions... :tongue:

. . . I think space selection has a lot to do with it . . . And also, if you're gonna take a space and make it into a club, you might as well try (as an owner) to keep the original feel that the space reached out and appealed to you with in the first place . .

. . Perfect example: the Lunatarium . . . Now, the owners of that place could have done a number on it . . but what did they choose to do? Keep it pretty minimal and industrial (not, faux industrial, like REAL industrial) . . it's very raw and very edgy . . quite befitting of the circuses they throw for parties there . . .

. . Now, I'm not saying that every club needs to be bare, but . . .like you'd try to build a building to "fit" in an asthetic sense with it's neighbors . .(not necesarrily copy, but create a logical line of flow so that when the eye draws through surrounding neighbors that it sits between, a sense of harmony is detected . .), you'd want to design a club's interior to sit in harmony with the space it occupies . .

. . just a thought . .

-Phuturephunk

I think new york and a lot of New York clubkids in general need a serious reality check.

They need to know they're NOT God's gift to nightlife, or Curve Cologne, or alcohol induced braggadocio.

I'd like to see some good parties - PARTIES - being thrown in good spaces with good crowds and people you can talk to.

I'd like to see more RESPECT for everyone involved.

And i'd like to see less drama with drugs, fights, personal differences and more straight up dancing.

not gonna happen though. this is NY.:(

Originally posted by cintron

I think new york and a lot of New York clubkids in general need a serious reality check.

They need to know they're NOT God's gift to nightlife, or Curve Cologne, or alcohol induced braggadocio.

I'd like to see some good parties - PARTIES - being thrown in good spaces with good crowds and people you can talk to.

And i'd like to see less drama with drugs, fights, personal differences and more straight up dancing.

. . nah nah dude . . I understand EXACTLY what you're screamin . . but this thread is about the feel of the venue and I'm curious to hear your view on that . . . :smoke: . . .

to tell u the truth about the venue all i think is a good club should just have a nice big place with real good decorations and hot set ups. Like i havn'et seen people on trampalens ( mind my spellin) since like september, and some clubs have video screens and they only turn on sometimes. Those video screens and images at sf when pvd was there was insanen. I mean shit like that.

I think the city has enough "super" clubs and should start trying to go for the underground feel again. We have Exit, Factory, Roxy, and Webster Hall to accomodate the huge, mainstream crowds. For mid-size venues we have Shelter, Centro, Vinyl, and the likes. There are tons of smaller venues. There are also a lot places relatively unknown to those outside of the city that are great city secrets.

What I think is necessary is another party kid venue such as Limelight or Tunnel, something relatively big but still a party kid hangout.......I loved going to those places even though I didn't hang out there as much as I would have liked. I think the city is in dire need of something like that.

Originally posted by cintron

All I can say to that is AMEN!

I have met some solid people from this board but theres a few that still remain, and Cintron, youre one of them. I f you truly feel this way you should check out my party on the 22nd. Thats what were trying to accomplish by throwing it.

Guaranteed good atmosphere, music, and some drinks in a GREAT space.:cool:

Originally posted by djjonstephen

I think the city has enough "super" clubs and should start trying to go for the underground feel again. We have Exit, Factory, Roxy, and Webster Hall to accomodate the huge, mainstream crowds. For mid-size venues we have Shelter, Centro, Vinyl, and the likes. There are tons of smaller venues. There are also a lot places relatively unknown to those outside of the city that are great city secrets.

What I think is necessary is another party kid venue such as Limelight or Tunnel, something relatively big but still a party kid hangout.......I loved going to those places even though I didn't hang out there as much as I would have liked. I think the city is in dire need of something like that.

i agree w/ you 100% ....