Clubplanet Nightlife Community

meeting friends who roll

Here's a 64 Billion Dollar question (inflation...) How does one go about meeting friends who roll when you move to NYC? The only friends I have right now are work related and are totally straight. When I go to clubs in NYC I don't really meet anyone since I spend all my time dancing then take off afterwards rather exhausted. And I never go to bars or lounges or anything like that. So I really don't know of a way of hooking up with people who really party.

:cool:

How about getting in good with some fellow board members? Theres always 'meet-up' trips planned, you could go along on one of those. Hope I helped some =D

Joe

Originally posted by trancelvanian

Here's a 64 Billion Dollar question (inflation...) How does one go about meeting friends who roll when you move to NYC? The only friends I have right now are work related and are totally straight. When I go to clubs in NYC I don't really meet anyone since I spend all my time dancing then take off afterwards rather exhausted. And I never go to bars or lounges or anything like that. So I really don't know of a way of hooking up with people who really party.

:cool:

Originally posted by brickhouse

AOL usually works well....

Rolling parties are rare to none in NYC, so get used to that aspect....

So what's the deal? Are there rolling partys in other citys? LA, San Fransicso? Why would NYC be so dead? Its a thing of the past?

A curious Trance.. :cool:

Originally posted by trancelvanian

So what's the deal? Are there rolling partys in other citys? LA, San Fransicso? Why would NYC be so dead? Its a thing of the past?

A curious Trance.. :cool:

. . .It's just a different mentality up here . . . People don't choose someone's place then all get faced, there's a real emphasis on going out and doing stuff . . . which is cool, but its not nearly as intimate . . . The NY scene is like that in general . . .