Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Open Decks 06/23/02

Thats Right Open Decks Has Returned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HERE AT PSEUDO HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE YOU THE PEOPLE WHAT YOU WANT AND THATS THE OPEN DECKS THAT YOU ALL HAVE MISSED. NOW BY GOING TO THE PSEUDO SITE YOU CAN LOG ON AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE OPEN DECKS DJ'S. THE DJ WITH THE MOST VOTES AT THE END OF THE CONTEST WILL WIN A SIZABLE PRIZE. SO THIS THURSDAY THE 20th FROM 8PM-2AM WE WILL HAVE OPEN DECKS REMEMBER IT IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.THE PRICE TO PLAY IS NOW 10.00 DOLLARS. WE HAVE TO PAY FOR ELECTRICITY SOMEHOW!!! OH DID I FORGET TO MENTION THIS EVENT IS B.Y.O.B!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CALL 212-219-3060 EXTENSION 3028 OR EMAIL PSEUDODEN@YAHOO.COM

ON THE S.E. CORNER OF B'WAY AND HOUSTON

PRICE: 10.00 GENERAL ADMISSION B.Y.O.B

TIME: 8PM-2AM

Originally posted by lasix

let me get this straight.. dj's have to pay to play? wtf? charge a $1 cover if you want to pay for electricity... why should the entertainment pay to do the entertaining?? :puke:

youre paying them for the use of their decks and sound system

its not about entertainment really, its more about practice

:idea:

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

youre paying them for the use of their decks and sound system

its not about entertainment really, its more about practice

:idea:

maybe i spoke before I got the full deal.. but I just disagree with chargin the dj to play. If other people don't mind... so be it.

no one ever answered my question as to how you actually vote on the site because i dont see anything

and i dont know, maybe its me...but im getting tired of seeing the same EXACT message posted every week, but nothing ever changes...just seems like too much of an advertisement

I think it should go back to $5...

we can pay $5 on monday to see world famous djs on great sound in a great venue (baktun)...

we really can't pay $10 to be in an (what has been) empty room with about 10 ppl and "ok" sound...

Alright I see we have some complaints so let me help you all see the light. remember when it was 5 dollars how fucking ghetto it was everyone was harrassed by BTS and someone almost got there records stolen. The reason the price went up is cause of the following.

1 Electricity

2 Security (something we didnt have before)

3 Sound system is being fixed (speakers are not cheap)

If you all knew how much it costs to run this place then maybe you would sympathize. Open Decks isnt our thing its something we give to YOU the people. Cmon guys I mean what happened to showing support. The people that do come to opendecks every week are the greatest these people/ dj's appreciate what we have to offer. Obviously we here at PSEUDO arent making millions and we arent looking to. We are looking to provide a space where you the dj can come play out. If you want more people here then help us promote like the people that show up every week do.

Thanks

Pseudo

Originally posted by pseudoden

Alright I see we have some complaints so let me help you all see the light. remember when it was 5 dollars how fucking ghetto it was everyone was harrassed by BTS and someone almost got there records stolen. The reason the price went up is cause of the following.

1 Electricity

2 Security (something we didnt have before)

3 Sound system is being fixed (speakers are not cheap)

If you all knew how much it costs to run this place then maybe you would sympathize. Open Decks isnt our thing its something we give to YOU the people. Cmon guys I mean what happened to showing support. The people that do come to opendecks every week are the greatest these people/ dj's appreciate what we have to offer. Obviously we here at PSEUDO arent making millions and we arent looking to. We are looking to provide a space where you the dj can come play out. If you want more people here then help us promote like the people that show up every week do.

Thanks

Pseudo

don't pay attention to any shit talkin... i think what you guys do is real cool, giving people the chance to spin outside there bedroom in front of a group... this cat is acting like he's got gigs all lined up and has to pay to spin... obviously when you're good enough, you'll be getting paid to play :idea: