Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who can you trust more? same sex or opposite sex?

over time I've been shit on and stabbed in the back by countless female friends.... I don't know it seems like girls have more ability to be two faced (that or guys just don't have the skills to lie and get away with it).... guy friends always seem to give better advice... honest, upfront, blunt if the situation calls for it... they're not petty about stupid little things, etc just recently I've met some wonderful women... a few who have saved my life, and without them I'd be more of a mess.... but it was hard, and still is, to not worry they'll ditch me or hurt me....

any thoughts??

it doesn't matter what sex you are - all people lie !!

i have been screwed over by girls and by guys, but i also am not afraid to admit that there have been times when i have even screwed people over as well.

i didn't do it in a malicious way but it happens, to all of us, whether you are a guy or a girl i think !!

be good to yourself and to the people that you love most ... all you could do is HOPE that what you give is what you get.

life is a chance - TAKE IT !!

I think it depends on the person.

i think girls and guys are capable of anything.

Just be very careful who you let in and who not too. That is the only advise I

can give you. Be selective. Many people are generally out for themselves and the few others that are not is what we call best freinds.

perhaps the opposite gender tends to make more objective observations about a situation and therefore give better advice simply because of the additional "distance" that comes from not sharing your gender.

if that were true, men might find that women give more constructive and/or honest advice and vice versa.

so.. is it true? *shrugs*

I have also been stabbed in the back by numerous girls and a few guys... I have one girl friend who i consider a freind.. well shes actually my best friend... other than her I have all guy freinds... I get along better with males for some reason... With girls its all competition and shit, I hate that... But it really depends on the person.. I cant say I trust one gender over another...

Originally posted by barbiegirl

EVERYONE LIES!!!!!!!!! I'VE BEEN SCREWED OVER TOO MANY TIMES AND WAY TOO HARSHLY.I GUESS THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR TRYING TO BE A GOOD FRIEND WILLING TO HELP OUT ANOTHER "FRIEND". SO NOW I REFUSE TO TRUST ANYONE ANYMORE - MALE OR FEMALE.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by barbiegirl

i have been screwed over by girls and by guys, but i also am not afraid to admit that there have been times when i have even screwed people over as well.

i didn't do it in a malicious way but it happens, to all of us, whether you are a guy or a girl i think !!

be good to yourself and to the people that you love most ... all you could do is HOPE that what you give is what you get.

life is a chance - TAKE IT !!

I normally hate to say..."i'm with her"....but yeah...I am...well said Barbiegirl ;)

btw...i love your quotes...You're my new found hero!

Originally posted by marcid21

I normally hate to say..."i'm with her"....but yeah...I am...well said Barbiegirl ;)

btw...i love your quotes...You're my new found hero!

I have a poster with that quote at home. Someone remind me to post when I get home. Words to live by.

Now for my lengthy answer....to counter all of this sad truth...

My roommie is my best friend and is the opposite sex. I trust her with everything, and I mean everything. We have a relationship that many aspire to and yet there seems to be no work involved at this point. We have an elevated sense of trust and friendship that feels like it has been there for years.

On the other hand, I have a male friend I also trust to a similar degree but this trust was earned after years of experiences together. We had ups and downs that included breeches of trust but have matured both as individuals and as friends. There is very little if anything we would not entrust each other with.

I sincerely hope you all find at least one person you can trust in this world aside from yourself. Just the knowledge that it exists offers you a sense of relief.

i trust no ONE.

i'm the same way...the unfortunate consequence is (at least such is my experience) that you prevent yourself from allowing some(potentially) kickass people in your life....

...and so ends my self-realization for the day....

Sadly I agree completely with phatman...

Trust has to do with the intentions of a person.

Some people need to lie, cheat, steal.....because their personality demands it. whether they use your trust as leverage against you, as a foundation for their miserable self....quite sad really.

Then there are those who you an trust. Those that can relate...who have their own secrets..their own desieres to have someone they can trust.

then theres the cat-type people...who dont care enough to break your trust...as long as you feed them and rub their belly :D

:flame:

Personally....I give everyone as much trust as they ask of me till they prove themselves otherwise...sure a few have made their mistakes here and there.....but i keep an open-mind and an open-heart...so far so good.

Originally posted by phatman

I trust my cat...

Originally posted by adrienne89

i'm the same way...the unfortunate consequence is (at least such is my experience) that you prevent yourself from allowing some(potentially) kickass people in your life....

...and so ends my self-realization for the day....

EXACTLY...

I'm currently at the crossroads with that decision...

protect yourself and be alone, or leave yourself open and deal with the consequences...

:confused:

Thats whats its all about...the consequences of our actions.

Hopefully partaking in the good consequences as much as possible...with a friend in each hand.

:flame:

Originally posted by joeg

EXACTLY...

I'm currently at the crossroads with that decision...

protect yourself and be alone, or leave yourself open and deal with the consequences...

:confused:

Same or opposite sex doesn't even come into it for me... I haven't lived in one place long enough to get to that level of trust (never more than 3 years, usually only 2).

I hope that New York will be the place where I can stay long enough and meet people who I can build those bonds with... I really miss the few that I've had. :(

actually, i think i'm gonna elaborate on this even further.....

...from my experience....most of the cat fights i've seen, and the few I've been involved in, have had something to do with a member of the opposite sex....BUT...the roots of it really being competition...

Why do some females feel the need to get that competitve edge? It's a sad thing when I reflect back and realize 90% of my closest friends were the ones who either had boyfriends, were engaged, or even married...Even my bestest friend in the whole wide world let a guy come between us.

I normally am very passive when I'm placed in a situation like this. In my opinion, if a "friend" wants to go after your man, go right ahead. "Hell hath no furry like a woman who feels inadequate". . . Cause either he'll drop you like a fly and come back to me, or he'll leave you...making you feel even worse. And me? I'm probably better off without both of you!

I may be venting here....but I take friendship as a precious thing...if you click with a female that can understand where boundaries are, where trust issues lie, and knows what lines NOT to cross...on top of all the other nifty friendship stuff....You have surely found a precious gem!