Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Merge Is Slowly Going Down The Tubes

Originally posted by saleen351

ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN'T CHALLENGE WHAT I WROTE, I PROVED WHAT OTHERS AND I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR A LONG TIME, ITS THE CLUB.. I'VE BEEN THERE A COUPLE TIMES... HATED IT.. I'LL STAY AT XS WITH THE OTTER AND CODY... NOT ONE PERSON CAN CHALLENGE ME ON WHAT I WROTE, NOT FUCKING ONE........ I WIN YOU LOOSE...........:blown:

Your a Loser in Life....

Stay at xs....my point was if you don't like the place, fine....but shut the fuck up already....your a tired act. You say the same shit every summer.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by unclebuc

Your a Loser in Life....

Stay at xs....my point was if you don't like the place, fine....but shut the fuck up already....your a tired act. You say the same shit every summer.

still couldn't challenge what I wrote:blown:

next.............

still couldn't challenge what I wrote:blown:

next.............

Challenge what you wrote......I could care less what the fuck you wrote.....YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA,, jackass.....Oh but I forgot...you have your sources...LMAO......Your a tool!!!!!!!

Your Opinions on music mean shit to me.....You bash DJ's all the time with out ever hearing them.....Perfect example.....DANNY TENEGLIA......I have seen you bash him....How the fuck can you bash DT when 1-you have never been to vinyl and 2- you have never heard him spin.

The one good DJ that you have heard in your life is Piccoto and now your on his nuts. Now I like him. He is a great dj. But Danny is the Man!!!!

Originally posted by thesandman

get over your fetish w/ bad mouthing Andrew, I thought by now you could book some gigs and stop being bitter???

On a odd note, I love your posts b/c you look way too deep into shit, learn how to enjoy yourself and not be so negative... some day that phone may ring and you can find some work instead of posting bashes on those who get the gigs you wish you had...

Its all good... .

I did not badmouth Andrew.

Did you read the post? I did not say anything bad about Andrew. Reread the post.

I expressed no opinion.

I did not share any observations.

I did not say people should not come out and hear him.

So maybe you could clarify for me where the bashing took place exactly?

Chris Lewis AKA LA RAVER

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Saleen,

Get a job you fool.

work is for fools....

seriously can someone say I'm wrong? no one has put up a strong argument dismissing the fact that its the club not the dj...

saleen when I asked you why you hate Merge earlier in this same post you said you don't............here's the challenge:

ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN'T CHALLENGE WHAT I WROTE, I PROVED WHAT OTHERS AND I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR A LONG TIME, ITS THE CLUB.. I'VE BEEN THERE A COUPLE TIMES... HATED IT.. I'LL STAY AT XS WITH THE OTTER AND CODY... NOT ONE PERSON CAN CHALLENGE ME ON WHAT I WROTE, NOT FUCKING ONE........ I WIN YOU LOOSE...........:blown:

i don't hate merge, i love XS thats been my home for years...

any explanations?

work is for fools....

seriously can someone say I'm wrong? no one has put up a strong argument dismissing the fact that its the club not the dj...

I think you are using terrible examples. You are talking about Eddie Baez and Teo in relation to different nights and different time spans.

1. Eddie Baez this year compared to last year is another topic in itself. Eddie last year could not draw a "great" crowd even before he did Merge. But this past winter and fall, through his recooperation and guest spots all over jersey, as well as his Residency at Sound Factory, has gradually built back his following... So saying Eddie @ Merge last year compared to saying Eddie @ XS this year is really not a great example.... Plus you can factor in the only way to get XS VIP cards this year was to go to XS the first 3 saturdays in June... XS vouchers definitely played a part in the entire situation...

2. Teo - EVERYONE and their mother knows.... Seaside Fridays this year all together are Very slow.....Even XS has been slow with RS. Memorial Day Friday was the only decent Friday thus far..

NOw to compare Teo @ Merge on Fridays to XS Saturdays with Teo last year is unfair as well... Saturdays are generally good everywhere in Seaside (not taking away anything from Teo)....

Its the beginning of the summer, and only time will tell what will happen the rest of the summer.....

Seriously, though Saleen why the hell do you have such a vendetta against Merge? Is there some hidden agenda that we are unaware of?

I enjoy all 3 places, but the way you portray Merge on your posts, it sounds like you have some kind of issue with them.... You don't even live in Jersey, and you're still on their asses... Kind of makes you wonder....

work is for fools....

it's the lack of crowd............

not from Merge's wrong doing............

from years and years of close competitors (Tempts, XS) building their clientele...........for some reason, you and a lot of other haters don't even wanna give the place a chance..........if you don't like it, so what but the bashing business is very sad..........it's not gonna pack up in a few months time with two very established places down the street..........but it will all even out with time..........you'll see.

if all three clubs were opened at the same time, it'd be a different story...........you know it.

I REALLY REALLY tried not to get dragged into this, I puty up one one comment on thsi issue way at the beginning of this thread....

BUT...

Is it true you live in Florida??? When was the last time you have been to these places, every summer is like starting over in many ways down there...

Hearsay is not a good enough reason to try and make a point. Why are you even in the Jersey board??? Do you se us bashing FLA places b/c "someone told me" it sucked??? YOu moved, so move on...

How can you comment on things you hacve not experienced for yourself????? (this summer)

Go and play with Shamoo and Mickey, and tell us about that...

what was the word you used?????

NEXT.........

I have been following this post and I would like to give my 2

I have been going to seaside since I was a little kid and I have seen a few clubs come and go like there was one place, I don't remember the name of it but it was between temps and xs..well anyway they redid the whole thing and it looked good..and then like the next year they tore it down and it really makes you wonder why ....

Now I have stated many times that I don't like merge but I have also said the place looks reallllly good and the music is not bad but I could care less about both those things because they are just a plus's to me I go for the crowds. Could it be that there is just not enough clubbers in seaside for there to be more clubs besides temps,xs and bamboo? I mean allot of places have tried none have made it and I really don't see merge doing any better.

BOTTOM LINE: merge has everything XS and temps has except one thing that you guys mentioned: it is not established and I don't think merge can ever get a strong enough foothold in order to compete. its kind of like when the video game system Atari jaguar came out. It had soooo much more power then all the systems on the market and could do everything they did but was never able to compete because they did not have enough 3rd party vendors and people where scared to buy it becuase they did not know if it would be around for a while and the name wasent as fresh in there mind. The only way merge will ever make it is if they do something really different and I don't mean a big dj name or cool lights I mean something really really different like 1 dollar drinks all of the time every night. that would blow the roof off. May not be affordable but you get the idea but then again if merge can take not making much money for the next 6 years then maybe they will become well known enough to do good.

Face it Guys, Merge Can't Pack the House. I recall on New years eve, Merge was offering open Bar all nite plus a live performance by Veronica for $50. Meanwhile, across the street at bamboo, $50 got you open bar from 8-12. Hmmmm I wonder where everyone was??

answer - BAMB00

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lock16

I REALLY REALLY tried not to get dragged into this, I puty up one one comment on thsi issue way at the beginning of this thread....

BUT...

Is it true you live in Florida??? When was the last time you have been to these places, every summer is like starting over in many ways down there...

Hearsay is not a good enough reason to try and make a point. Why are you even in the Jersey board??? Do you se us bashing FLA places b/c "someone told me" it sucked??? YOu moved, so move on...

How can you comment on things you hacve not experienced for yourself????? (this summer)

Go and play with Shamoo and Mickey, and tell us about that...

what was the word you used?????

NEXT.........

you are an idiot, I live at the shore my whole life, I only moved 2 months ago, and the fact is from what my friends tell me and others from the board, and OH yea my fucking brothers who are out there every weekend....

stay in brooklyn...:blown:

the fact is from what my friends tell me and others from the board, and OH yea my fucking brothers who are out there every weekend....

You can not go on what others tell you. You have to experience for yourself.

:D :D :D :D :D

Guest saleen351

You can not go on what others tell you. You have to experience for yourself.

:D :D

SO IF I TOLD YOU THAT THE CLUBS IN AFGANISTAN SUCK, YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE ME? YOUR RIGHT YOU'D HAVE TO EXPERIENCE IT YOURSELF.....:rolleyes:

:D

Originally posted by thehype

Face it Guys, Merge Can't Pack the House. I recall on New years eve, Merge was offering open Bar all nite plus a live performance by Veronica for $50. Meanwhile, across the street at bamboo, $50 got you open bar from 8-12. Hmmmm I wonder where everyone was??

answer - BAMB00

I could be wrong but I really feel that bamboo shouldn't be compared to merge,xs or temps.. Don't get me wrong I fucking looooove bamboo but I go there before I go to a club its not really the best looking crowd and its more of a bar/hang out. I really couldn't picture getting dressed up to go just there and I don't think anyone else does. You can always tell the people that just hang there sandals,hats college shirts ect.. and those cats aren't going to a club anyway so I don't think bamboo is really direct competition

SO IF I TOLD YOU THAT THE CLUBS IN AFGANISTAN SUCK, YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE ME? YOUR RIGHT YOU'D HAVE TO EXPERIENCE IT YOURSELF.....:rolleyes:

:D

I didn't realize that they had clubs there, but you said there are, so there must be..... tell us, how is the music?? crowd?? vibe?? I know you have not been there, but I am sure the cab driver you had last night must have told you....

2 months?? , funny, that is before this summer really got going, so I am SURE you were all up in the know from things past, no argument there from me.. you said it yourself man, you bro and friends TELL you......... that means nothing...... and neither does your opinion.....

Guest saleen351

Saleen,

If ur friends and brothers keep on saying it sucks, then why do they keep on going back there every week.

they dont', they go to xs and bamboo...