Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Merge Is Slowly Going Down The Tubes

Originally posted by saleen351

they dont', they go to xs and bamboo...

well, if they are not there, how do they know it sucks???? Oh wait, I bet I can guess....

THEY HEARD....... am I right????

NEXT..............

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merge is off to a perfectly good start this year.

Petey knows what he is doing and Merge will carve out it's own niche and following this year.

There is plenty of market share to go around and the bashers are just doing that because they are worried that Merge will eventually bite off some their action. Relax, everybody is going to get fed.

For your information, new years eve at Merge was really good. So good that xs closed early, and some of there staff were in Merge to finish the night drinking. Yes Bamboo did good on New years also. And Veronica was not at Merge on New years, she was there on Thanksgivng eve, another for really good night at Merge this past winter(but i am sure the "haters "are not gonna say how good it was.)And bamboo and the rest of the clubs in seaside should not be compared. Totally different. And yes bamboo does more business then all the clubs, YES ALL THE CLUBS.

Bythe way, not all there, i was surprised, you actually made some really vailed points!

I think this "debate" is pretty beaten down by now. Some people seem kind of "threatened" of what Merge might be or might become. Dont be. As "not all there" said, all the clubs should be worried about OVERALL attendance to seaside heights in general. There has been way less people going to clubs in seaside on the non holiday weekends than i have seen being a patron in the years past. Or maybe the lack of total dominance by any 1 club is because there are too many clubs with lack of people to FILL them ALL. The summer is really just beginning, so lets look foward to a good summer. This thread was drama ridden from the start. fagettttaboutit!

Remember..........................

Rome wasn't created in a day and neither was Metro Lounge, and they are both still "THRIVING" away. Merge's legacey in clubland is being created as we speak, give it time ,you will like what you see.See everyone this saturday at the Anniversary (yes our 1st anniversary, it has only been 1 year,which is really only 2-3 months in jersey shore time).Lets not waste any more time on this........

Originally posted by laraver

Kosta - just remember that although you enjoy giving me a hard time you can't change the facts.

I am not saying anything negative about your friends, in fact I am not even referring to them.

What I am referring to is that you can't name any other NJ DJ who charted their mix CD in a national muisc industry related magazine ahead of Paul Van Dyk.

MPTA3, Charted in the number 2 slot, June 2000 issue of MIXER, mixed and compiled by DJ Chris Lewis

Paul Van Dyk, ranked 7 in that same chart.

Just the facts!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF CLUBPLANET.

CHRIS LEWIS AKA LARAVER IS A BETTER DJ THAN PAUL VAN DYKE. THATS WHY PAUL GETS ???$$$ TO SPIN AND CHRIS SPINS NO WHERE. UMMM YEAH ANYWAY.

2000 IS THE PAST BUDDY CONSISTENCY PVD STILL RIPPING SHIT UP DOES THIS FOR A LIVING AND YOU MY DEAR GOGO BAR DJ BUDDY.... NOT TO START ANYDRAMA OR ANYTHING!!!!

GOTTA CONTINUE THE BALL BREAKING!!!

LATER

IM GOING TO METRO FOR DINNER NOW,

KOSTA P AKA KOSTA P.

Originally posted by ml2k1

For your information, new years eve at Merge was really good. So good that xs closed early, and some of there staff were in Merge to finish the night drinking. Yes Bamboo did good on New years also. And Veronica was not at Merge on New years, she was there on Thanksgivng eve, another for really good night at Merge this past winter(but i am sure the "haters "are not gonna say how good it was.)And bamboo and the rest of the clubs in seaside should not be compared. Totally different. And yes bamboo does more business then all the clubs, YES ALL THE CLUBS.

Bythe way, not all there, i was surprised, you actually made some really vailed points!

I think this "debate" is pretty beaten down by now. Some people seem kind of "threatened" of what Merge might be or might become. Dont be. As "not all there" said, all the clubs should be worried about OVERALL attendance to seaside heights in general. There has been way less people going to clubs in seaside on the non holiday weekends than i have seen being a patron in the years past. Or maybe the lack of total dominance by any 1 club is because there are too many clubs with lack of people to FILL them ALL. The summer is really just beginning, so lets look foward to a good summer. This thread was drama ridden from the start. fagettttaboutit!

Rome wasn't created in a day and neither was Metro Lounge, and they are both still "THRIVING" away. Merge's legacey in clubland is being created as we speak, give it time ,you will like what you see.See everyone this saturday at the Anniversary (yes our 1st anniversary, it has only been 1 year,which is really only 2-3 months in jersey shore time).Lets not waste any more time on this........

GREAT POST.

Originally posted by binoys

GREAT POST.

You are the tenth CPer that has mentioned that!!!!!

SO IF I TOLD YOU THAT THE CLUBS IN AFGANISTAN SUCK, YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE ME? YOUR RIGHT YOU'D HAVE TO EXPERIENCE IT YOURSELF.....:rolleyes:

:D

actually, if YOU told me...........I wouldn't believe it cause you also think DT is a horrible DJ..............that's your opinion which is okay but people have different tastes and opinions.............you really need to see for yourself sometimes..........if you had told me Merge sucked and I never went, I would then have to still think it sucked...........but I've been there and I love it........never would've happened if I didn't try for myself......see my point.

and that comparison is completely ridiculous...........a bit extreme don't ya think...........doesn't prove anything saleen.

Originally posted by tyco

actually, if YOU told me...........I wouldn't believe it cause you also think DT is a horrible DJ..............that's your opinion which is okay but people have different tastes and opinions.............you really need to see for yourself sometimes..........if you had told me Merge sucked and I never went, I would then have to still think it sucked...........but I've been there and I love it........never would've happened if I didn't try for myself......see my point.

and that comparison is completely ridiculous...........a bit extreme don't ya think...........doesn't prove anything saleen.

Tyco... Very well said... Saleen uses very extreme examples sometimes, and doesn't factor a lot of different things in when he writes these conclusions up. Usually I'll just sit back and not even comment on the outrageous posts he makes at times, but some of them are just completly twisted out of proportion.

ONe day RS is god to him, the next day Tsettos is god, the next day Rivera is god, then the next day.....all of this is out the window, and he says all Jersey music is garbage and Mauro Picotto is god. Who will it be next?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djdanfury

Tyco... Very well said... Saleen uses very extreme examples sometimes, and doesn't factor a lot of different things in when he writes these conclusions up. Usually I'll just sit back and not even comment on the outrageous posts he makes at times, but some of them are just completly twisted out of proportion.

ONe day RS is god to him, the next day Tsettos is god, the next day Rivera is god, then the next day.....all of this is out the window, and he says all Jersey music is garbage and Mauro Picotto is god. Who will it be next?

i've always said that RS was my fav DJ, even told that to Denny in person, Denny has always been second... but picotto open my mind up and now I follow the foriegn charts more then the american charts.... its funny how only a hand full of tracks they play are the same ones we play...........

so once again no one has proved me wrong on the issue of the club not the dj.... explain to me why baez packes them in at xs and didn't at merge? Explain why teo packed them in at xs and not at merge, explain to me the idiot that put rydell down there again instead of mendez or at least change it up a bit...

i've always said that RS was my fav DJ, even told that to Denny in person, Denny has always been second... but picotto open my mind up and now I follow the foriegn charts more then the american charts.... its funny how only a hand full of tracks they play are the same ones we play...........

so once again no one has proved me wrong on the issue of the club not the dj.... explain to me why baez packes them in at xs and didn't at merge? Explain why teo packed them in at xs and not at merge, explain to me the idiot that put rydell down there again instead of mendez or at least change it up a bit...

Go back to Page 6 and read my reply. You never replied to that, I answered your question.

you're finally seeing the light! ;)

you were always insisting that you don't need to listen to foreign DJs cause you had all your favorites right here in Jersey............now maybe you could go see some more DJs.........I'm sure you'll be impressed by many more...........honestly, I don't think Picotto is anything special.

as for the other business, ya know what..........it's not even worth it because every person for the last three pages has said IT IS THE CLUB and nobody is insisting it's only the DJ..........the club isn't gonna sky rocket by putting a relatively unknown name in their club (Rich Rydell)............the idea is he is gaining popularity pretty fast and Merge will follow whether you like it or not.........times are changing and a lot of people are getting tired of the Tempts bullshit..........I love Tempts but there are a lot of things there that I know I will not be able to deal with in a few years...........

Originally posted by kostaP

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF CLUBPLANET.

CHRIS LEWIS AKA LARAVER IS A BETTER DJ THAN PAUL VAN DYKE. THATS WHY PAUL GETS ???$$$ TO SPIN AND CHRIS SPINS NO WHERE. UMMM YEAH ANYWAY.

2000 IS THE PAST BUDDY CONSISTENCY PVD STILL RIPPING SHIT UP DOES THIS FOR A LIVING AND YOU MY DEAR GOGO BAR DJ BUDDY.... NOT TO START ANYDRAMA OR ANYTHING!!!!

GOTTA CONTINUE THE BALL BREAKING!!!

LATER

IM GOING TO METRO FOR DINNER NOW,

KOSTA P AKA KOSTA P.

Kosta - The point that was being made was that none of your NJ DJ friends can claim an accomplishment of that level.

The CD was reviewed and ranked by the people at MIXER. MIXER gets close to a thousand pieces of new music a month.

For one piece to stand out of a thousand others and be worthy of being mentioned in their magazine is a difficult accomplishment on its own.

Too be ranked in the number 2 slot when the competition is a world renowned DJ like PVD, says that the MIXER staff thought my CD was an outstanding effort. Their opinion certainly has more weight than some NJ club promoter.

I know it is too much to expect that you would recognize that and give some credit where it is due.

It is exactly that kind of small minded thinking (i.e. "Oh I never heard of that DJ so he must not be any good.") that prevents me from doing as much work in NJ (and only NJ) as I would like.

I will continue to work and get booked in other places. Upcoming gigs include LA, Indiannapolis, and Madera Island, Portugal. Meanwhile you can continue to contribute to the poor quality and state of the scene here in NJ.

By the way are you working now? What happened to River Street/Drama/Tribeca?

Guest saleen351

round 7 ding ding ding............

Originally posted by djdanfury

I think you are using terrible examples. You are talking about Eddie Baez and Teo in relation to different nights and different time spans.

1. Eddie Baez this year compared to last year is another topic in itself. Eddie last year could not draw a "great" crowd even before he did Merge. But this past winter and fall, through his recooperation and guest spots all over jersey, as well as his Residency at Sound Factory, has gradually built back his following... So saying Eddie @ Merge last year compared to saying Eddie @ XS this year is really not a great example.... Plus you can factor in the only way to get XS VIP cards this year was to go to XS the first 3 saturdays in June... XS vouchers definitely played a part in the entire situation...

2. Teo - EVERYONE and their mother knows.... Seaside Fridays this year all together are Very slow.....Even XS has been slow with RS. Memorial Day Friday was the only decent Friday thus far..

NOw to compare Teo @ Merge on Fridays to XS Saturdays with Teo last year is unfair as well... Saturdays are generally good everywhere in Seaside (not taking away anything from Teo)....

Its the beginning of the summer, and only time will tell what will happen the rest of the summer.....

Seriously, though Saleen why the hell do you have such a vendetta against Merge? Is there some hidden agenda that we are unaware of?

I enjoy all 3 places, but the way you portray Merge on your posts, it sounds like you have some kind of issue with them.... You don't even live in Jersey, and you're still on their asses... Kind of makes you wonder....

Why has Seaside been so dead on Fridays :confused:

I went last Friday, it was pathetic everywhere.

Kosta - The point that was being made was that none of your NJ DJ friends can claim an accomplishment of that level.

The CD was reviewed and ranked by the people at MIXER. MIXER gets close to a thousand pieces of new music a month.

For one piece to stand out of a thousand others and be worthy of being mentioned in their magazine is a difficult accomplishment on its own.

Too be ranked in the number 2 slot when the competition is a world renowned DJ like PVD, says that the MIXER staff thought my CD was an outstanding effort. Their opinion certainly has more weight than some NJ club promoter.

I know it is too much to expect that you would recognize that and give some credit where it is due.

It is exactly that kind of small minded thinking (i.e. "Oh I never heard of that DJ so he must not be any good.") that prevents me from doing as much work in NJ (and only NJ) as I would like.

I will continue to work and get booked in other places. Upcoming gigs include LA, Indiannapolis, and Madera Island, Portugal. Meanwhile you can continue to contribute to the poor quality and state of the scene here in NJ.

First of all you sperm receptacle I never knocked you cd. as a matter of fact you have given me at least a good dozen or so. there were a few that I actually liked and Ive told you that in the past.

I am not working now, I am taking the summer off and will be Managing not Promoting a new club in sept.

What happened to Tribecca same owner of Drama/Image transfered there due to his firing the old manager there.

Image/Drama I left on Valentine's day due to difference's with the owner. We have since resolved our differene's and are friends.

Riverstreet, besides being railroaded by an old friend, the owner decided to keep one manager instead of two and the final decision came down to a financial matter. I was being paid more and he was cutting back. also there was an incident with the other manager were he had a potential lawsuit where he could have sued the owner and worked out a deal so that he kept his job. beside's the fact that he didnt want guest dj's and performances there.

Well, thats that so if you wanna try and start shit,

what go go bar are you spinning at now???

I feel bad for you, already in your mid 30's holding on to your childhood dream of being noticed. Still spinning for $125 a night, when are you gonna get a real job and move out of your parents house??

If you want I own a Fragrance import/export business and am looking for a full time receptionist. How many wpm can u type??

Dont worry I pay well, with health insurance.:laugh: :laugh:

Later Chris,

Kosta

Saleen, i have a second to respond to your "theory" which i have to say is WRONG.

Alot of things you say are sometimes true, sometimes way, way off.

1. There is absolutly no way in hell you can compare any of the things that you are comparing. Teo at xs on satursays last year have NOTHING to do with teo at Merge on fridays.ALOT MORE PEOPLE TO GO AROUND ON SATURDAYS.....PERIOD. Just like there are aLOT LESS PEOPLE ON FRIDAYS GOING OUT IN SEASIDE...PERIOD! And i hate to break the news to you, your favorite dj(richie santana) isnt "packing" in anyone on fridays at xs(before anyone gets in a huff,that is in NO WAY directed towards RICHIE SANTANA who i have met and is a real nice guy) Just like teo is not "packing" them in on friday at Merge on friday at this point in the summer. NO ONE HAS BEEN PACKING THEM IN ON FRIDAY IN SEASIDE SINCE MEME.DAY WEEKEND................NO ONE THATS A FACT. The last 2 weeks have been cold and the week before was a monsoon rain storm on friday. THIS IN NO WAY IS A REFLECTION ON TEO T OR RICHIE SANTANA...........NONE AT ALL! According to you saleen , we should blame Teo because it was cold, it rained moonsoons, and there was in plain english........hardley a sole in seaside on a friday night? Absolutly NOT! You are wrong! remember.......it is not a competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 And you go from saying Merge was never packed last year, then you say Mendez packed them . Which is it , was it packed in ,or was it dead.

3. And i understand you really never ventured outside the jersy shore that much(mucicly and club wise). You never even heard RICHIE RYDELL spin yet you ask who made such a "dumb " decision to make him resident?ARE YOU CRAZY!!! ASK AROUND Take a visit to north jersey to a place called Metro Lounge. Its only one of the most successful nightclubs around, and listen and open your eyes to what you see and hear.Did you happen to hear how Richie Rydell keeped Metro Lounge packed and pumpin till 11 in the morning on new years eve this past year? 11 IN THE MORNING, ABOUT 7 OR 8 HOURS AFTER EVERY OTHER CLUB IN JERSEY CLOSED UP AND WENT HOME!!!!!!THAT IS A FACT! Richie Rydell has been absoultly INCREDIBLE at Merge every saturday since Mem. day weekend. You are glued to this board, THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT POSITIVE THINGS TO SAY ABOUT RICHIE RYDELL.

3. And you love to say "its the club" not the djs.YOU COULD NOT BE ANY MORE WRONG! Even the jealous "haters" all say the same thing. MERGE HAS A GREAT SET UP, MERGE HAS A GREAT SOUND SYSTEM, MERGE HAS INCREDIBLE ATMOSPHERE but then they throw in .....but it sucks!:blank: HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dosnt that dis - prove your theory that it is the club? (and oh yea, your try saying the staff sucks, another absolutley WRONG statment. Just ask you "friends 'from the board)Merge has such a great set up and when it is full, the energy that room produces cannot be compared.EXPIERENCE IT BEFORE YOU KNOCK IT!

4. Back to the music thing. I thing you started this thing about the djs cause you misunderstood what i meant in the first place. Whn isaid Merge opened up last year with the "wrong"djs for the jersy shore, I meant last year. I have siad it before and i will say it again aLEX COVIELLO, TO THIS DAY , is one of the best djs you will EVER HEAR in any club. And we still stand behind that 100%. Maybe he was night "right " for the jersey shore, does not mean he is not a great dj.So saleen , when you talk about music, and you new found likeing to people like MAURO PICCATO (who by the way, the Metro Lounge crew was chillin with at the conference this year in S Beach, and who also had a a tentive date for him a Metro Lounge 6 months ago, just so ya know)Thats great. If you like His intensely hard and energetic music, you would have loved to hear someone like alex Coviello. as far as booking Mauro at the jersy shore, 90% of the peolple at the shore would not know and would probly NEVER hear or know his name.AND HE WOULD BE WAY TO HARD FOR ANY OF YOUR "FAVORITE" PLACES to PLAY. And if you dont believe it, simply ask any of youR shore friends if they have ever heard of him.....and you will have you answer. You said "mauro piccato opened up your mind". If you knew anything about Merge or Metro Lounge from the inside, your mind would really be opened up to what we are about.

4 And by the way , BAEZ is not packing them in at xs. ARE you gonna try and say xs is busier this year with baez then it was with teo? .............better check your facts. (again, nothing against the djs or the club) I think the vip voucher exchange "packed " em in more than Baez.(smart business move)

5. I guess it come down to you insist on comparing apples to oranges. DONT COMPARE FRIDAYS TO SATURDAYS in any club.No matter what dj was or isnt there. Bottom line is fridays have been dead ALL OVER SEASIDE!.FACT. Even at bamboo (which is always packed on a friday) Has nothing to do with teot or richie santana NOTHING... After fourth of july , it should all pick up nice.

I think in conclusion, you should (but you wont) agree (and i am gonna try to not "toot" our horn to much and just state a couple things as facts:

Merge has a really good sound system

Merge has really cool decor and atmosphere

Merge has really cool lighting

Merge has Liquid blast (which saleen, i think i remember you prasing about some club in south beach having it and how awsome it was, Metro has had it for 2 years , merge since it opened)

Merge gets a real cool crowd with alot of energy and that are into the music.

Merge has 2 floors

Merge has 5 bathrooms

Merge has really good djs.

Merge has alot of friendly people working there

Merge has the best bartender in the world.......ME!!! (KIDDING GUYS, KIDDING!)

..................................................................................................................................SALEEN IT IS NOT THE CLUB, IT IS NOT THE DJS ..................ITS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like i said in an earlier post, the only thing you can try to say about Merge and "hate "on is if it is not full to capicity( and like i said before , only people with "hidden agendas" do that) That dosnt mean the club "sucks", it means ITS NOT FULL!! (just like some of YOUR "favorite "clubs are not always full either).ARE YOU GONNA TRY AND SAY MEME DAY WEEKEND WITH RICHIE RYDELL @MERGE WASNT INCREDIBLE? i WILL LET OTHER PEOPLE ANSWER THAT FOR YOU.Like i said before also,.Merge is in , technicialy its 4 month of operation(summer months) GIVE IT TIME.Compared to starting after Mem. day. last year and changing djs 3 times, WHICH , by the way, is your answer to why it got off on the wrong foot....We are extreamly happy with the response we have gotton. ITS ON THE RIGHT FOOT NOW.....:D We are VERY happy.:D I will say it 100 times , you better come visit us when you come up here. Maybe after being in south beach and "expanding" your mind, you will appreciate what you overlooked last year at Merge. Now i feel like going to sleep after all this typing. Saleen, there is now way i can respond any more to this topic.........my finger are numb:D Once again, see everyone at the anniversary of MERGE(YES SALEEN, WE MADE IT, 1YEAR):D

Guest saleen351

Saleen, i have a second to respond to your "theory" which i have to say is WRONG.

Alot of things you say are sometimes true, sometimes way, way off.

1. There is absolutly no way in hell you can compare any of the things that you are comparing. Teo at xs on satursays last year have NOTHING to do with teo at Merge on fridays.ALOT MORE PEOPLE TO GO AROUND ON SATURDAYS.....PERIOD. Just like there are aLOT LESS PEOPLE ON FRIDAYS GOING OUT IN SEASIDE...PERIOD! And i hate to break the news to you, your favorite dj(richie santana) isnt "packing" in anyone on fridays at xs(before anyone gets in a huff,that is in NO WAY directed towards RICHIE SANTANA who i have met and is a real nice guy) Just like teo is not "packing" them in on friday at Merge on friday at this point in the summer. NO ONE HAS BEEN PACKING THEM IN ON FRIDAY IN SEASIDE SINCE MEME.DAY WEEKEND................NO ONE THATS A FACT. The last 2 weeks have been cold and the week before was a monsoon rain storm on friday. THIS IN NO WAY IS A REFLECTION ON TEO T OR RICHIE SANTANA...........NONE AT ALL! According to you saleen , we should blame Teo because it was cold, it rained moonsoons, and there was in plain english........hardley a sole in seaside on a friday night? Absolutly NOT! You are wrong! remember.......it is not a competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 And you go from saying Merge was never packed last year, then you say Mendez packed them . Which is it , was it packed in ,or was it dead.

3. And i understand you really never ventured outside the jersy shore that much(mucicly and club wise). You never even heard RICHIE RYDELL spin yet you ask who made such a "dumb " decision to make him resident?ARE YOU CRAZY!!! ASK AROUND Take a visit to north jersey to a place called Metro Lounge. Its only one of the most successful nightclubs around, and listen and open your eyes to what you see and hear.Did you happen to hear how Richie Rydell keeped Metro Lounge packed and pumpin till 11 in the morning on new years eve this past year? 11 IN THE MORNING, ABOUT 7 OR 8 HOURS AFTER EVERY OTHER CLUB IN JERSEY CLOSED UP AND WENT HOME!!!!!!THAT IS A FACT! Richie Rydell has been absoultly INCREDIBLE at Merge every saturday since Mem. day weekend. You are glued to this board, THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT POSITIVE THINGS TO SAY ABOUT RICHIE RYDELL.

3. And you love to say "its the club" not the djs.YOU COULD NOT BE ANY MORE WRONG! Even the jealous "haters" all say the same thing. MERGE HAS A GREAT SET UP, MERGE HAS A GREAT SOUND SYSTEM, MERGE HAS INCREDIBLE ATMOSPHERE but then they throw in .....but it sucks!:blank: HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dosnt that dis - prove your theory that it is the club? (and oh yea, your try saying the staff sucks, another absolutley WRONG statment. Just ask you "friends 'from the board)Merge has such a great set up and when it is full, the energy that room produces cannot be compared.EXPIERENCE IT BEFORE YOU KNOCK IT!

4. Back to the music thing. I thing you started this thing about the djs cause you misunderstood what i meant in the first place. Whn isaid Merge opened up last year with the "wrong"djs for the jersy shore, I meant last year. I have siad it before and i will say it again aLEX COVIELLO, TO THIS DAY , is one of the best djs you will EVER HEAR in any club. And we still stand behind that 100%. Maybe he was night "right " for the jersey shore, does not mean he is not a great dj.So saleen , when you talk about music, and you new found likeing to people like MAURO PICCATO (who by the way, the Metro Lounge crew was chillin with at the conference this year in S Beach, and who also had a a tentive date for him a Metro Lounge 6 months ago, just so ya know)Thats great. If you like His intensely hard and energetic music, you would have loved to hear someone like alex Coviello. as far as booking Mauro at the jersy shore, 90% of the peolple at the shore would not know and would probly NEVER hear or know his name.AND HE WOULD BE WAY TO HARD FOR ANY OF YOUR "FAVORITE" PLACES to PLAY. And if you dont believe it, simply ask any of youR shore friends if they have ever heard of him.....and you will have you answer. You said "mauro piccato opened up your mind". If you knew anything about Merge or Metro Lounge from the inside, your mind would really be opened up to what we are about.

4 And by the way , BAEZ is not packing them in at xs. ARE you gonna try and say xs is busier this year with baez then it was with teo? .............better check your facts. (again, nothing against the djs or the club) I think the vip voucher exchange "packed " em in more than Baez.(smart business move)

5. I guess it come down to you insist on comparing apples to oranges. DONT COMPARE FRIDAYS TO SATURDAYS in any club.No matter what dj was or isnt there. Bottom line is fridays have been dead ALL OVER SEASIDE!.FACT. Even at bamboo (which is always packed on a friday) Has nothing to do with teot or richie santana NOTHING... After fourth of july , it should all pick up nice.

I think in conclusion, you should (but you wont) agree (and i am gonna try to not "toot" our horn to much and just state a couple things as facts:

Merge has a really good sound system

Merge has really cool decor and atmosphere

Merge has really cool lighting

Merge has Liquid blast (which saleen, i think i remember you prasing about some club in south beach having it and how awsome it was, Metro has had it for 2 years , merge since it opened)

Merge gets a real cool crowd with alot of energy and that are into the music.

Merge has 2 floors

Merge has 5 bathrooms

Merge has really good djs.

Merge has alot of friendly people working there

Merge has the best bartender in the world.......ME!!! (KIDDING GUYS, KIDDING!)

..................................................................................................................................SALEEN IT IS NOT THE CLUB, IT IS NOT THE DJS ..................ITS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like i said in an earlier post, the only thing you can try to say about Merge and "hate "on is if it is not full to capicity( and like i said before , only people with "hidden agendas" do that) That dosnt mean the club "sucks", it means ITS NOT FULL!! (just like some of YOUR "favorite "clubs are not always full either).ARE YOU GONNA TRY AND SAY MEME DAY WEEKEND WITH RICHIE RYDELL @MERGE WASNT INCREDIBLE? i WILL LET OTHER PEOPLE ANSWER THAT FOR YOU.Like i said before also,.Merge is in , technicialy its 4 month of operation(summer months) GIVE IT TIME.Compared to starting after Mem. day. last year and changing djs 3 times, WHICH , by the way, is your answer to why it got off on the wrong foot....We are extreamly happy with the response we have gotton. ITS ON THE RIGHT FOOT NOW.....:D We are VERY happy.:D I will say it 100 times , you better come visit us when you come up here. Maybe after being in south beach and "expanding" your mind, you will appreciate what you overlooked last year at Merge. Now i feel like going to sleep after all this typing. Saleen, there is now way i can respond any more to this topic.........my finger are numb:D Once again, see everyone at the anniversary of MERGE(YES SALEEN, WE MADE IT, 1YEAR):D

wow, this is a long post, i only read the first 5 pages so i'll have to read more this weekend to give you my dissenting opinion:D

Originally posted by kostaP

First of all your cd, as a matter of fact I actually liked and I've told you that in the past.

I am not working now, I am taking the summer off and will be Managing not Promoting a new club in sept.

What happened to Tribecca same owner of Drama/Image transfered there due to his firing the old manager there.

Image/Drama I left on Valentine's day due to difference's with the owner. We have since resolved our differene's and are friends.

Riverstreet, besides being railroaded by an old friend, the owner decided to keep one manager instead of two and the final decision came down to a financial matter. I was being paid more and he was cutting back. also there was an incident with the other manager were he had a potential lawsuit where he could have sued the owner and worked out a deal so that he kept his job. beside's the fact that he didnt want guest dj's and performances there.

Well, thats that so if you wanna try and start shit,

Later Chris,

Kosta

Kosta let's try to keep it on a professional level ok? Based on what you described you're no stranger to being jerked around in the club scene, correct? You drop the personal attack shit and I will do the same. In the spirit of that idea you will find no personal attacks contained in this response.

As I have stated many times before my issue is not so much with particular individuals as it is with the small minded attitude that is so pervasive in NJ.

To sum the NJ attitude up it basically is this:

A) Oh your a DJ? Well we never heard of you so you must not be any good.

Most people in NJ never heard of Leon Alexander, Taylor, Sandra Collins, Timo Maas, John Kelley, Mark Lewis, Scott Henry and on and on. Does that mean that those people are no good?

B) We never heard of you, so you have to pay your dues first. (Said to me by a very well known NJ DJ who is associated with a radio station)

Whose dues do I have to pay and why am obligated to satisfy some one else's sense of whether or not I have been in the game long enough.

Beyond having played in major clubs on both coasts, being a founding member of the most exclusive record pool in LA, opening for and playing alongside some of the best DJs in the world and

having a $12,000 JBL/Crown sound system stolen from me and getting scammed out of another $6000 by a shady club owner I have paid my dues in spades.

C)You don't play like all the rest of the DJ's around here so you are not any good.

When I was coming up I never thought that the way to be a good DJ was by copying the guy down the street in the local club. The DJ's that really got my attention were David Morales, Frankie Knuckles, Tony Humphries. They did not play the usual and obvious tracks. Their mixing was fluid, but it was their track selection, their programming more than anything else was what set them apart. So when I started buying music what I selected was not based on hearing what some local jock played. I studied charts from top DJ's like Morales and Sasha. I went to the record store and spent 4-5 hours on a Saturday going through almost every new record in the store, every week.

The problem with too many NJ DJ's is that they thought it was better to be just like the guy down the street. So you end up with a situation where the majority of them sound just like each other and individuality gets crushed. Just ask a guy like Alex Coviello.

Oh by the way I guess you forgot the fact that I was resident in the ClubPlanet Lounge at the Roxxy Party for 4 months and opened up for Johnny Vicious on the main floor two different times. On top of that Johnny used one of my compilations to open up one night when he did not have an opener available.

But as always that stuff only happens because I am no good as a DJ.

Anyway I hope that for your sake you can back to work at a venue that is good match for you. When you do maybe you will decide to be more open minded than your actions were in the past.

It's your choice isn't it. You can be part of the status quo, or you can be an agent for change in the scene adding to it's diversity.

ACCORDING TO Swollashell...........

1-Denny sucks (HE DOES NOT, bY far the most well know dj to ever come out of jersey)

2-richie rydell sucks (HE DOES NOT, Holds down the most successful and consistent party in jersey at Metro Lounge 12 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR,Not only 3 months at the shore and has been destroying Merge every sat, come listen for yourself))

3. TemPts would be good if denny wasnt there (Really, and who should replace him? any suggestions?)

4.Merge choose the wrong resident djs this year(really, and who would have been better for the job, any "suggestions'?)

5. Richie rydell needs more "tempo control" (Hmmmmmmm, this line is screaming "i am a dj, i am a dj, i am a dj!!)

6. "ANDREW MENDEZ RIPPED IT at DJS" (hmmmmm, denny sucks, richie sucks, Merge choose the wrong resident dj THIS year, but the ONLY dj that ripped it was...................... Mendez?

I normally do not like to respond to drama ridden post, but this is just stupid.

STOP THE DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George b.

Mr. George B.

first off...im not a Dj...if thats what your implying...just because i said something about tempo control...maybe i just have knowledge of music and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to hear how fast RR is spinning...i am me thats it...and if you think i am this Dj who is bitter...you really got your head were the sun dont shine...how bout im a bitter club goer... :mad: here are some answers to your questions....

1. Denny does suck...when hes not in jersey he rips it were he goes...he has good tempo control and mixing is on point...his music selection is outdated ( but look who hes playin for, some people just have no clue about music)

2. what happened when MR RR went to saturdays....metro went to the crapper...no people showed up on saturdays...:grin: and the reason fridays get so packed...its cause its 18 to get in i think isnt it...;)

3. there are a couple dj that can replace denny...but to do that would start a riot in seaside...richie santanna, teo T is pretty good for temps...heard him there a couple times...anyone can replace denny...any dj can replace a dj...its just how they get the crowd motivated...

4. i think you could have kept mendez in there...he was doing pretty good...and you could have had rr on fridays...just like at metro...and then if it didnt work...switch it around...

5. i already answerd this question...:grin3:

6. and this i have no clue what the hell your talkin about here...if your implyin that im this dude...you really do have it shoved way in there huh...lol:biggrin: