Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stupid italians....

i know i'm gonna take heat for this one, but cmon....this guy makes ted turner look like a genius.

ROME -- Italian soccer club Perugia has cut ties with South Korea's Ahn Jung-hwan after he scored the overtime goal that knocked Italy out of the World Cup, Perugia's chairman said in media reports Wednesday.

"That gentleman will never set foot in Perugia again," Luciano Gaucci told sports' daily La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Italy has been furious about Tuesday's 2-1 loss to South Korea, accusing the referee and soccer's ruling body FIFA of fixing the match.

Back home, the Italian media were livid.

"Thieves -- the killer referee hounds the Azzurri out of the World Cup," the Rome-daily Corriere dello Sport said on its front-page.

"Shame! The scandalous Ecuadorean referee -- Italy is out of the World Cup," said the country's top-selling sports daily, Milan's La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Ahn, who missed a penalty earlier in the match, was hailed as a national hero when he headed home the golden goal winner in the 116th minute.

But his goal was viewed in a different light at Perugia in central Italy, where he has been viewed as an underachiever during his stay with the club.

"He was a phenomenon only when he played against Italy. I am a nationalist and I regard such behavior not only as an affront to Italian pride but also an offense to a country which two years ago opened its doors to him," Gaucci was quoted as saying.

"I have no intention of paying a salary to someone who has ruined Italian soccer."

Ahn joined Perugia on loan from the South Korean team Pusan I.cons in the summer of 2000. He scored five goals in 29 appearances.

A Perugia spokesman said Wednesday the club had virtually decided to release Ahn even before the World Cup tie.

Information from Reuters and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Could you tell me where I could get any good coffee...being that is the only good thing that's ever come out of Colombia?...and Shakira...and by any chance are you related to Juan Valdez and his little donkey?

Originally posted by joegio

Could you tell me where I could get any good coffee...being that is the only good thing that's ever come out of Colombia?...and Shakira...and by any chance are you related to Juan Valdez and his little donkey?

Ha ha :laugh:

Serioulsy posting about people nationalities on here is super bad.............

Originally posted by perns2002

Ha ha :laugh:

Serioulsy posting about people nationalities on here is super bad.............

In his defense, I think he was referring to the Italian Football Team and fans for their whining after the loss to Korea in the World Cup.

Originally posted by pipdaddy

i know i'm gonna take heat for this one, but cmon....this guy makes ted turner look like a genius.

ROME -- Italian soccer club Perugia has cut ties with South Korea's Ahn Jung-hwan after he scored the overtime goal that knocked Italy out of the World Cup, Perugia's chairman said in media reports Wednesday.

"That gentleman will never set foot in Perugia again," Luciano Gaucci told sports' daily La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Italy has been furious about Tuesday's 2-1 loss to South Korea, accusing the referee and soccer's ruling body FIFA of fixing the match.

"Thieves -- the killer referee hounds the Azzurri out of the World Cup," the Rome-daily Corriere dello Sport said on its front-page.

"Shame! The scandalous Ecuadorean referee -- Italy is out of the World Cup," said the country's top-selling sports daily, Milan's La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Ahn, who missed a penalty earlier in the match, was hailed as a national hero when he headed home the golden goal winner in the 116th minute.

But his goal was viewed in a different light at Perugia in central Italy, where he has been viewed as an underachiever during his stay with the club.

"He was a phenomenon only when he played against Italy. I am a nationalist and I regard such behavior not only as an affront to Italian pride but also an offense to a country which two years ago opened its doors to him," Gaucci was quoted as saying.

"I have no intention of paying a salary to someone who has ruined Italian soccer."

Ahn joined Perugia on loan from the South Korean team Pusan I.cons in the summer of 2000. He scored five goals in 29 appearances.

A Perugia spokesman said Wednesday the club had virtually decided to release Ahn even before the World Cup tie.

dam man we didnt even make the world cup, so keep quiet

Originally posted by cmb1975

In his defense, I think he was referring to the Italian Football Team and fans for their whining after the loss to Korea in the World Cup.

Most athletes do cry after loosing something they have worked on for 4 years..............

WELL WELL WELL. I usually dont like to correct people and make them feel little, but i'll make an exception for you.

1) i'll give you a point for picking up on the colombian reference, but i'm far from being colombian. not that i have anything against colombians. i just put the flag up for reasons other than i care to mention.

2) as for the coffee, there's a great little place near my office here on 46th and park that makes a sweeet little cup of joegio....and coffee is their #2 export anyway. but you already knew that....

3) shakira is from argentina.

4) im not related to either juan valdez, or the donkey. sorry to disappoint

i was referring to "stupid italians" as anyone quoted in that article agreeing with his dismissal. i guess i can include you in it as well if you want?

touche.

Cmon guys, this is the world cup. Italy is pissed because some guy was better playing against them than with them and they lost. Sore losers. Same thing happened with the US v. Mexico the other day. Mexicans were so furious over the loss, they started flipping over cars with US license plates on them and destroying other american property. Maybe we cant relate to the soccer fever, i mean football, since its not too mainstream here.

You use the colombian flag as your symbol....but you're not colombian? I would like to know why and then you can tell me who is the stupid one, and as for Shakira (taken from bio): Shakira, the graceful one, has been sneaking up on you-the Grammys, the MTV Video Awards, those Pepsi spots. She's a child prodigy who wrote her first song at age eight, a blond-locked Colombian who speaks three languages and loves only in Spanish. Do your research before you try to act smart.....touche pip.

You use the colombian flag as your symbol....but you're not colombian? I would like to know why and then you can tell me who is the stupid one, and as for Shakira (taken from bio): Shakira, the graceful one, has been sneaking up on you-the Grammys, the MTV Video Awards, those Pepsi spots. She's a child prodigy who wrote her first song at age eight, a blond-locked Colombian who speaks three languages and loves only in Spanish. Do your research before you try to act smart.....touche pip.

i must have been thinking of someone else from argentina. as for the flag, its an inside joke you're not privvy to...but really, are you that upset about losing a soccer game?

i must have been thinking of someone else from argentina. as for the flag, its an inside joke you're not privvy to...but really, are you that upset about losing a soccer game?

You really have no idea how much italians love the game. Serisously they take it very serioulsy. My mom never curses until its world cup time. Our town has flags everywhere for there country hangin on there houses. Especaily Italy, I remember palying soccer when I was so young, my whoel family. It was so important. They didnt have nintendo, and palystation and atari, they had nintendo and foosball...........

Seriously I knwo a lot of people that were upset that day, it s a big thing especailly if your 1000% froma country ............

Follow

this is pretty pathetic.....the poor guy gets kicked off his team for scoring a goal for his country..........so i guess they should kick all the players from other countries that have scored on the Italian national team being that they have made it one of the best leagues around......cause it seems like that is what just happened.

WOW. look at me causing all sorts of drama. i usually try to stay away from it......but this is fun.

is it sauce or gravy in the perns household?

Ohh god here we go, Gravy is brown you put it on mash potatoes and meatlaof

Sauce it is always sauce, period any true italian knows that

Originally posted by daveespa

this is pretty pathetic.....the poor guy gets kicked off his team for scoring a goal for his country..........so i guess they should kick all the players from other countries that have scored on the Italian national team being that they have made it one of the best leagues around......cause it seems like that is what just happened.

At least he didn't get killed like that poor Colombian guy, in 1994.

WOW. look at me causing all sorts of drama. i usually try to stay away from it......but this is fun.

is it sauce or gravy in the perns household?

It was gravy in my house, thats actually funny. I can remember being younger and people saying sauce is red, gravy brown.....but in my it was all gravy.......I still don't get it.

Gravy and meatballs just sounds better than sauce and meatballs