Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Blubster Update.... You're Gonna Be Happy!!!!!

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

hey guys/gals, Blubster 2.0 is finished! 100%!

we just need to finish some deals in the financial side to get it online for download... so even if those deals don't go well, you all will have it in no time, before or on 26th of June most probably.

I am fighting with myself to not upload it now! lol here is a list of *some* features.. just for you to excite a bit

- navigation buttons on home and help

- 30 (yes, 30) times faster song scanner

- complettely rewritten internal player

- playlist

-advanced search (and faster btw)

- buddy list (and ignore list)

- multisource downloads (reliability is so great that you get everything you start downloading)

- pause, resume, autoresume, etc downloads

- explore user collection in other tab (where hotlist is placed)

- a cool graph showing the bandwidth used by blubster

- connection issue resolved (yeah, firewall & proxy support for everyone)

- channel based chat (powered by p2pchat)

- mm... well an entire new configuration window with a lot of new options

- and well.. more things... new features, improved protocol, bug fixes... you'll see it yourself very soon

SO ALL YOU PEOPLE WITH FIREWALLS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET ON... I HOPE THE BUDDY LISTS CAN SEND FILES LIKE AG GROUPS,, WE WILL SEE...

HERE IS AN ARTICLE YOU MAY WANT TO READ..

Blubster Rockets Past 10,000

Tuesday June 18, 2002

Ok, so AudioGalaxy has joined the ranks of defunct P2P networks such as Napster, Scour and CuteMX. Notice a pattern here? Its called centralization, a characteristic that spells almost certain doom for a P2P network.

AudioGalaxy was one of the more popular file-sharing networks, as its ability to download entire albums and locate rare songs made it a favorite among many users.

While it's sad to see yet another P2P application go, its banishment isn't much of a surprise. Instead of going down with a fight, AudioGalaxy knew the odds against it were impossible, and instead decided to cut a "deal" with the RIAA. The details of the agreement are sketchy, but information released indicates that AudioGalaxy must receive permission from the copyright holder before a song can be traded over its network. Such a cumbersome restriction will most likely be the final nail in AudioGalaxy's coffin, as Naspter toyed with the same idea.

Bad news? Not necessarily. While the RIAA/MPAA has successfully defeated centralized networks, decentralized communities continue to benefit from the former's demise. Take Blubster for example. Blubster is a Spanish based, decentralized mp3 community that has many of the benefits as AudioGalaxy. It's become a reliable network for harder to find mp3s, while maintaining an impressive userbase in the 6,000 rage.

That was before the collapse of AudioGalaxy.

Today, we find Blubster blasting past its former confines of 6,000 users as its population has surged to over 10,000. While search results were always impressive with this network, the added resources of 4,000 individuals has added the necessary spark that may propel this network into the stratosphere.

Continuing in its good fortune, the good people over at Blubster are getting ready to release version 2.0, which includes the ever important multi-source downloading capability. Check out more information on 2.0 here (thanks ZeroPaid). If you were an AudioGalaxy fan, don't worry. The P2P community is constantly faced with seemingly impossible challenges from the RIAA and MPAA; however in the end, we always have the last laugh. Check out Blubster here.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mindfaqd

hey saleen, do u have to get rid of the old version and dl the new or will it be updated automatically? did u have any problem w/ the virus mentioned on other threads?:confused:

not sure how the update will work

but i haven't had one single problem with mine... maybee people should just wait a week till the new version to try it.. I got like 30 tracks off radio1 last night with no problem using blubster...

Guest saleen351

here are some screen shots..bb2screen2.gif

bb2screen3.jpg

they just upgraded the servers to accomadate the impending download that is comming, they doubled users in 7 days....

Originally posted by £ddie

Blubster is still a massive memory hog. I have 256 megs of RAM and it stills slows my computer to the point of crashing. I hope they fix this problem in the new version. When it actually does work, it has worked well for me. For now I'll stick with WinMx.

i keep having the same problem

try to not keep a designated shared files folder or whatever blubster calls it

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mangledx

hey saleen....where is the d/l ? havent seen anything about it on the site....

not sure when exactly they are putting it out, it may be delayed, but as soon as i see it i'll let you know..

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ecstatichigh35

how do you download this new version, i went ot the site but it doesn't say anything about it.

its not up yet...... but soon.......

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Its out there. You just need to know where to look for it and/or who to get it from.

i'm putting it on blubster hopefully tonight..........

come on already... i want the program... although... i must admit. that WINMX is proving pretty useful for me.. and i get some sicks speeds.. Lets see if blubster can keep up.. and it seems that alot of people from AG have migrated on to FILETOPIA.. especially many in the dance music community...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by starshaped

Is there a Mac OSX version?

i read somthing on a mac program but i forget, i'll look for it this weekend..