Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roland & Oscar G live broadcast every Sat. @ 93.1 site

biznation00

Mr. Acasta, I was really looking forward to sharing a friendship cp bracelet with you & trading some baseball cards... My book will hit the shelves in late October so get your hands on it. It's called "the art of the Brodcast". My second book due in early january will be called "I'm now a club planet club god: tips on how to achieve my status!!" of course I'll need your assistance & some others to help me complete my book, I alone can only get past the first chapter... "registration & user name" - ch.1.

what i mean by die hard clubbers - those that go out and know the music and the djs...i love space, never have i bashed it....think its the best thing in miami...but if party 93.1 doesnt want "cater" to those people's needs, of course i negative (bad public relations)....i am just saying, space doesnt need to be brought down by miami radio (u know what i mean)...and as far as the money for space...go for it, i have no prob. with space making money....

Jesse, I know you never bashed Space, relax.. I'm just tryin to keep this interesting here... My point is about the Space broadcast. It showcases our music and is a preview of Space for those who aren't familiar with it. Our guys play as they please, and they don't get told anything from anyone other than Louis Puig himself.

So in a sense, my point here was that one of the things that cater to "die-hard clubbers" might be the Space broadcast. You get music from 2 guys that have been around the scene back when u and I wore a bib & got hand fed by Mommy... Whether some like their music or not, might be a different story. It's all a matter of opinion.

Why should a broadcast bring any club's rep down?? Some people think broadcast and they begin to assume too much without having reasons or facts to assume on...;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roland is one of Space's original & longest running resident. He's worked with Louis Puig & George Nunez for many years (b4 Space) on the Beach & outside it... Often overshadowed by Oscar & Ivano & Edgar (during his residency @ Space)... Has opened & played with many of the bigger names like, Danny T. Deep Dish, PVD, Tiesto, Mauro Picotto, Carl Cox to say the least...

Originally posted by biznation00

Roland is one of Space's original & longest running resident. He's worked with Louis Puig & George Nunez for many years (b4 Space) on the Beach & outside it... Often overshadowed by Oscar & Ivano & Edgar (during his residency @ Space)... Has opened & played with many of the bigger names like, Danny T. Deep Dish, PVD, Tiesto, Mauro Picotto, Carl Cox to say the least...

REPEAT

ROLAND FUCKIN SUXXXXX

THAT NIGGA WOULD TRAIN WRECK EVERY MIX WHEN HE FIRST STARTED

I ADMIT HE GOT BETTER BUT HE STILL SUCKS BALLS

he only ever got a chance to play with those djs cause he spins at space ivano sux too all the space residents suck asss but space does have great guest djs

p.s. u say hes one of spaces longest running djs haha space is only open for 2 years ,yaa lets put him in the djs hall of fame

not like space is a classic or anything

my prediction..

space will be closed and out of business within 2 years if they dont get thier act together

not alota clubs in miami last cause its all a fade here everything is a fade and once something new comes people will swear by that

i dont understand some people on this board. first some say that they wont listen to 93.1 because there's nothing worth listening to. now that there is, they still wont listen because 1) oscar & roland suck 2) the broadcast is from space 3) the die hard clubbers wont permit it.

gimme a break...theres finally a good broadcast to listen to out there and its being bashed by an ignorant few out there.

:confused:

Originally posted by andrewthomas

ivano sux too all the space residents suck asss but space does have great guest djs

that’s a pretty bold statement. when you can take the decks every week, and keep 2,000 plus people dancing. then maybe you will have firm ground; on which to base your statement. I have been going to Space for over two years. yes the club has been open for more then two years. since you hit on the Space house dj’s, lets hit that issue first. I am not a huge fan of Roland, but I can tell you he is getting better each time I hear him. Ivanno created the patio, and made it what it is today. yeah his track selection is a little dated, but you know what. who the fuck cares. he creates awesome energy on that patio, and keeps people happy and dancing there arses off. Oscar G is one the best dj’s around. he and his partner Ralph Falcon (Funky Green Dogs & Murk Boys); are one the most respected dj’s in the dance community. Oscar destroys the decks week in and week out at space. his track selection is tight,and yes he plays some anthems. however they are his anthems, and if he wants to drop them and people get off on it. then that's all that should matter. last night Oscar dropped a Freestyle set down, and people were going crazy . he does crazy shit like that all the time. DT, Robbie Rivera, etc are always paying Oscar aculeates. every friend of mine from New York, Chicago, etc; that I have taken to Space have had an assume time. you take from the evening what you put into it.

Yooooo! I consider you a friend so, I’m not going make it personal. I respect the fact that you don’t like space. although I think you issues with space, go deeper then the dj’s. you are relatively new to the Miami scene. you know nothing about its history, and how it evolved to were it is today. the scene is growing, and yes there is room for improvement. next time you’re at Space; why don’t you stop by the booth and spend sometime in there with Oscar. he is an awesome person; who loves what he does. he is a walking encyclopedia of dance music. maybe after you spend sometime up there. you will better appreciate what he, and the other dj’s at space due. they are responsible for entertaining over 2,000 people every week, and that in itself is a very daunting task.

crobar, and level are great clubs. however they pale in comparison, in terms of raw energy and vibe.

Originally posted by sobeton

Oscar G is one the best dj’s around. he and his partner Ralph Falcon (Funky Green Dogs & Murk Boys); are one the most respected dj’s in the dance community. Oscar destroys the decks week in and week out at space. his track selection is tight,and yes he plays some anthems. however they are his anthems, and if he wants to drop them and people get off on it. then that's all that should matter.

crobar, and level are great clubs. however they pale in comparison, in terms of raw energy and vibe.

took the words right out of my mouth!!! Tony, 5 days till Danny T. vs Danny Howells!!!!!:D

Roland & Oscar had great sets on Saturday's broadcast. Oscar rocked it just perfect & Roland couldn't of set him up any better. Amazing energy & vibe throughtout the broadcast... I also caught the sunday global broadcast on 93.1 (Timo's set & the last hour ending with Oscar @ 5am). a bit different from his sets at Space but it was tasteful, hmmm hmmm good- Great set Oscar...;)

Next week on the Sunday global broadcast- Satoshi T, Desyn M., Noel Sanger...

Oscar G is one the best dj’s around. he and his partner Ralph Falcon (Funky Green Dogs & Murk Boys); are one the most respected dj’s in the dance community. Oscar destroys the decks week in and week out at space. his track selection is tight,and yes he plays some anthems. however they are his anthems, and if he wants to drop them and people get off on it. then that's all that should matter. last night Oscar dropped a Freestyle set down, and people were going crazy . he does crazy shit like that all the time.

next time you’re at Space; why don’t you stop by the booth and spend sometime in there with Oscar. he is an awesome person; who loves what he does. he is a walking encyclopedia of dance music.

Are you and Oscar G married?

Nothing but good comes from Oscar & Roly... I mean this is a no-brainer if u ask me .... When you turn on the radio during that time frame what would you rather hear?!?!? The same top 20 hits every station plays all week long... OR a Live party w/ some of the best tunes & mixing from miami's finest??? As long as the DJ's can play what they want, how can this be a bad thing???

Guest saleen351

that’s a pretty bold statement. when you can take the decks every week, and keep 2,000 plus people dancing. then maybe you will have firm ground; on which to base your statement. I have been going to Space for over two years. yes the club has been open for more then two years. since you hit on the Space house dj’s, lets hit that issue first. I am not a huge fan of Roland, but I can tell you he is getting better each time I hear him. Ivanno created the patio, and made it what it is today. yeah his track selection is a little dated, but you know what. who the fuck cares. he creates awesome energy on that patio, and keeps people happy and dancing there arses off. Oscar G is one the best dj’s around. he and his partner Ralph Falcon (Funky Green Dogs & Murk Boys); are one the most respected dj’s in the dance community. Oscar destroys the decks week in and week out at space. his track selection is tight,and yes he plays some anthems. however they are his anthems, and if he wants to drop them and people get off on it. then that's all that should matter. last night Oscar dropped a Freestyle set down, and people were going crazy . he does crazy shit like that all the time. DT, Robbie Rivera, etc are always paying Oscar aculeates. every friend of mine from New York, Chicago, etc; that I have taken to Space have had an assume time. you take from the evening what you put into it.

Yooooo! I consider you a friend so, I’m not going make it personal. I respect the fact that you don’t like space. although I think you issues with space, go deeper then the dj’s. you are relatively new to the Miami scene. you know nothing about its history, and how it evolved to were it is today. the scene is growing, and yes there is room for improvement. next time you’re at Space; why don’t you stop by the booth and spend sometime in there with Oscar. he is an awesome person; who loves what he does. he is a walking encyclopedia of dance music. maybe after you spend sometime up there. you will better appreciate what he, and the other dj’s at space due. they are responsible for entertaining over 2,000 people every week, and that in itself is a very daunting task.

sobeton, you make a great argument, but its has one major flaw, Space is an monopoly.... While the beach likes long lines and faggot ass shit, space is a real club that is open for 24 hours... Build another type of club next to space with different owners and space would be out of business if they dont' get some different acts in there. No doubt oscar and roland are good but they can't mix like the big boys... Denny and jason, jv, jp etc... its simple programing.... I like space but i'll only go when its cheep... not worth 20 or 30 bucks... see when i pay 10 bucks at temps i got my monies worth every week.... with that being said, when i left picoto i should have given the door girl 20 bucks, since i felt bad that i saw that performance for free.. we kinda ripped them off...

Saleen, not sure how long you have been im Miami to observe the evolvement of the downtown area, but to date there have been 4 other clubs open in the area, not including Gold Rush the gentlemen's club.

Fuel - closed down (also had 24 hour liquor).

Living room - currently open (has 24 hour liquor/afterhours on 3 nights & has brought down special guests)

Exile - New to the block, also holds 24 hour liquor & is another Mega sized club.

Bongos - Restaurant/Night Club about 2 years running...

The more clubs in the area the merrier. After all they do bring more traffic to the Strip. In the end, it boils down to overall quality & clubber prefference.

I think you are forgetting one thing. Space isn't successful because it's a monopoly. It's success comes from plenty of hard work and research by 2 of Miami's most dedicated owners & staff. In the beginning no one thought space would work, and look how long it has come. It has been reinvented & remodeled and thankfully, it's still going strong...

Space isn't invincible, I don't think any club is. But we're thankful to have your support and the support of many others, even through hard times of controversy. I don't think I know of another pair of owners who works harder than ours and has the impact they do on their staff. Gather some info about what club Space is really about & you'll acquire some understanding of why we are successful...;)

Thanx to @ll for your support...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by biznation00

Saleen, not sure how long you have been im Miami to observe the evolvement of the downtown area, but to date there have been 4 other clubs open in the area, not including Gold Rush the gentlemen's club.

Fuel - closed down (also had 24 hour liquor).

Living room - currently open (has 24 hour liquor/afterhours on 3 nights & has brought down special guests)

Exile - New to the block, also holds 24 hour liquor & is another Mega sized club.

Bongos - Restaurant/Night Club about 2 years running...

The more clubs in the area the merrier. After all they do bring more traffic to the Strip. In the end, it boils down to overall quality & clubber prefference.

I think you are forgetting one thing. Space isn't successful because it's a monopoly. It's success comes from plenty of hard work and research by 2 of Miami's most dedicated owners & staff. In the beginning no one thought space would work, and look how long it has come. It has been reinvented & remodeled and thankfully, it's still going strong...

Space isn't invincible, I don't think any club is. But we're thankful to have your support and the support of many others, even through hard times of controversy. I don't think I know of another pair of owners who works harder than ours and has the impact they do on their staff. Gather some info about what club Space is really about & you'll acquire some understanding of why we are successful...;)

Thanx to @ll for your support...

well the clubs you mentioned are wacked... the LR down town which for some reason has the same name as the one on sobe, go figure did their best night when cooljunkie was there, also bongos is a resturante, and fuel i wasn't arond for, but lets be serious, if someone did a temps style club with no seats, no lounges, only 1 room of hard club music with a sick set of lights and an awesome phazon it would be huge................................. exile i heard one commericial but who spins there? terrible promoting on their part ...space did their shit right and that is why they are doing well, but at the same time their competiton did it all wrong, i'ver been here 3 months and hear nothing about any other club then space..... so yes they are a true monopoloy..

Originally posted by saleen351

sobeton, you make a great argument, but its has one major flaw, Space is an monopoly.... While the beach likes long lines and faggot ass shit, space is a real club that is open for 24 hours... Build another type of club next to space with different owners and space would be out of business if they dont' get some different acts in there. No doubt oscar and roland are good but they can't mix like the big boys... Denny and jason, jv, jp etc... its simple programing.... I like space but i'll only go when its cheep... not worth 20 or 30 bucks... see when i pay 10 bucks at temps i got my monies worth every week.... with that being said, when i left picoto i should have given the door girl 20 bucks, since i felt bad that i saw that performance for free.. we kinda ripped them off...

Saleen > if Space is monopoly; then that’s because they deserve to be one. there have been challengers to Space’s monopoly; they are gone but Space is still around. for the last two years I’ve been reading on this board , that Space wouldn’t survive. Guess what they are still surviving. When the new Space is opened ; it will be the largest club in south florida. Space brings in the biggest talent on a consistent basis, and they have some of the best house dj’s around. ." No doubt oscar and roland are good but they can't mix like the big boys... Denny and jason, jv, jp etc... its simple programming" are you kidding me.. Oscar could mix a cocktail , and make it sound better then the “big boysâ€.. like I said to Andrew next time your at Space; go up to the booth and spend some time in there with Oscar. he may open your eyes and ears a bit. Robbie Rivera which every, New Yorker seems to be all over now. Oscar has been dropping Rivera mixes for years.. I don’t recall hearing Denny and jason, jv, jp etc tag teaming with DT.. Space is $20.00 until 5:00pm; and $30.00 after. Imo that is fairly consistent with most south florida nightclubs..

as i understand it underground is actually the "rave scene" i actually rather stay away from the underground scene. The underground scene is Florida Breakz, Jungle DNB and GOA in some places. If u think about it the Miami Music scene is nightlife not "underground" if it was underground only the "elite" would know about it, only the "elite" would know where to look for the promotions for all those parties, but no u go the beach any weekend and u can find flyers everywhere. We know in advance when a DJ is coming, and we are actually lucky that most of the time they actually show up, cause from what i understand in the underground scene if they decide that they don't wanna spin that night they just won't show up.

Wow this thread sucks!!!!!

ok i understand all the possible negatives of having a broadcast

as well as the postives, fact remains there're doing it , and the broad cast wont "bring down the club" .. i hope

honestly it can onl.y help the scene and finally bring some newer music to 93.1 becasue there rotation of the same music is way ot often!!!!

the ppl who over commercialzer and create the non undergrounbd, we're just going clubbibn, girls nioght out types wont be there going off at 7 am with the H/C's like most of us,

but regardless the bradcast does suck becasue space already gets way to packed sometimes as it is and all i need is to see some more lame ass beach crowd vip romm champane drinking" scenecesters" . they piss me off to no end, spcae has that underdround twiloesque, SF feel if it looses that casue of the broadcast ( which i hightly doubt) then its over!!

sorry for the unorganized rant but i hope you can understand my point of view

Originally posted by xtreme-1

but regardless the bradcast does suck becasue space already gets way to packed sometimes

Okay, what's a bradcast - Is that when a guy named Brad (casting director) picks the entire cast for a movie? If this movie were being filmed at clubspace that would explain why it's so packed sometimes.

Do you have the movie title?

Relax Guys It's only Music:D Just hear the Music and dance your ass off. u guys make a big deal about everything. U guys make it like its your music its not!:blown: Its everybodys music that wants hear it on the Radio. We have lots of Posers on the board one day trance rules the other day house rules and then techno.Make up your minds people cant we just like everything and stop being Anal. Tech hOUSE Rules :laugh: :laugh: