Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Drunk You vs Sober you...

do you notice the differences between your drunk persona Vs your real persona??

and even moreso... if you're rolling, the aspects of your personality that come out?

from what I see... most ppl are different characters in each phase... myself included...

what do you notice about yourself in each state?

wow...interesting question....

i don't drink often,so can't say for sure....but i do smoke a lot, and i am much more calmer and less bitchier after a j....;)

i also tend to be more honest, which has caused me problems in the past.....

Originally posted by sassa

wow...interesting question....

i don't drink often,so can't say for sure....but i do smoke a lot, and i am much more calmer and less bitchier after a j....;)

i also tend to be more honest, which has caused me problems in the past.....

yeah, e/alcohol is like truth syrum for me with my friends...

not that I lie otherwise, but i just say things I have on my mind, and don't hold anything back (good or bad)...

my emotions are also a lot stronger... which is a problem when the euphoric effects of both wear off....

I notice with friends, they have a specific personality, with different traits for each substance... to the point, where I can guess what they're on based on "who" they are that night... kinda freaky...

I actually act differently when I drink beer compared to liquor..

drunk off beer--> extremly friendly, giggly, can't sit still, generous..

drunk off liquor --> still social but not as much, enjoy walking and dancing around by myself, and I love to fight....

I think I am a fun drunk also. I am much more talkitive in the sense that I say what wouldn't normally say. When I am not drunk I am reluctant to say somethings even if they should be said. Like compliments to a women or something. When I'm drunk I just say whatever the hell needs to be said. Which is a good thing, I very rarely say bad stuff to people. I like my drunk persona, but I would like my real persona with just a little more guts.

Originally posted by liquidflow

I think I am a fun drunk also. I am much more talkitive in the sense that I say what wouldn't normally say. When I am not drunk I am reluctant to say somethings even if they should be said. Like compliments to a women or something. When I'm drunk I just say whatever the hell needs to be said. Which is a good thing, I very rarely say bad stuff to people. I like my drunk persona, but I would like my real persona with just a little more guts.

I hear you on that.

hah, my rolling persona seems to be another person altogether... I think at some point, all the personalities merge though...

Originally posted by joeg

what do you notice about yourself in each state?

E/k/Coke - I'm much more withdrawn into my cancer shell....I don't let my feelings show any more than when I'm straight...if anything I withhold them that much more...

Alcohol - I'm basically the same mindlessly happy midget. Except you know I'm drunk cause i tend to jumble up words in my sentences....but my emotions and such USUALLY don't shine through any more....I just talk a whole lot... :D

I think at some point, all the personalities merge though...

It's all you, really. Everything you do when you're drunk, rolling, whatever -- you're the one doing it, so obviously you're capable of it... I think what changes are a) your willingness to do certain things (which you may or may not appreciate later), and B) your perception of the situation (e.g. the warm fuzzy feeling you get from e).

I'm not actually trying to make a point, just making an observation.

get your stupid mouth off my thread and more importantly, off My Board.

losers liek u do run these boards but lol me leave never fat man i aint' leaven till i see u on teh front page lyen under a train or jumpen off a bridge u fat fuk ;)

Originally posted by hoke

It's all you, really. Everything you do when you're drunk, rolling, whatever -- you're the one doing it, so obviously you're capable of it... I think what changes are a) your willingness to do certain things (which you may or may not appreciate later), and B) your perception of the situation (e.g. the warm fuzzy feeling you get from e).

I'm not actually trying to make a point, just making an observation.

yeah... thats very true...

and my theory, is that if you spend enough time in those states... your mindset like that becomes so familiar to you... you nolonger need the substances to act that way...(not that i'm apt to prove that theory...) sans teh fuzzy feeling you get from e, of coarse...

I mean the general attitude, the "I can't do that" fades out... and the "who cares..." comes in...

and my theory, is that if you spend enough time in those states... your mindset like that becomes so familiar to you... you nolonger need the substances to act that way...(not that i'm apt to prove that theory...) sans teh fuzzy feeling you get from e, of coarse...

I mean the general attitude, the "I can't do that" fades out... and the "who cares..." comes in...

die fat mother fuker die i say :laugh:

<nod>

But I think it depends on the person. Unfortunately, there are far too many people who have incredible experiences on drugs and give all the credit to the drugs, none to themselves. They don't realize that they're still capable of doing those same things without the drugs, and therefore become hooked on drugs as a tool for expressing themselves. Hence they never reach that "who cares" point. Sad but true...

I'm not saying drugs are bad, of course; I just think attitude and expectations are important factors.

I definitely go through stages when drinking.

First couple of drinks - starting to unwind, talk flows more quickly, jokes start cracking

A few more - the fun drunk emerges. Making people laugh, doing goofy things you normally wouldn't do when sober, just having a good time in general.

A few more - words start to slur, I start making a bit less sense, but I'll still do some REALLY funny shit once in a while.

A few more (read: WAY too many) - uh oh, all of a sudden I turn into a dick. I'll have a chip on my shoulder for no reason. Perfect example of this - me giving a HUGE thumbs down to DJ Micro's face all night long while screaming "YOU FUCKING SUCK" at the top of my lungs during his last set at Avalon.

I still stick to my statement though, Micro does fucking suck!

Originally posted by hoke

<nod>

But I think it depends on the person. Unfortunately, there are far too many people who have incredible experiences on drugs and give all the credit to the drugs, none to themselves. They don't realize that they're still capable of doing those same things without the drugs, and therefore become hooked on drugs as a tool for expressing themselves. Hence they never reach that "who cares" point. Sad but true...

I'm not saying drugs are bad, of course; I just think attitude and expectations are important factors.

definately... I'm just going on how drugs/alcohol effect me, and my mindset afterwards and such...

Its not uncommon for me to be in the minority... so I wouldn't doubt that not everyone has the same reactions/experiences/mindsets from all of it...

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I definitely go through stages when drinking.

First couple of drinks - starting to unwind, talk flows more quickly, jokes start cracking

A few more - the fun drunk emerges. Making people laugh, doing goofy things you normally wouldn't do when sober, just having a good time in general.

A few more - words start to slur, I start making a bit less sense, but I'll still do some REALLY funny shit once in a while.

A few more (read: WAY too many) - uh oh, all of a sudden I turn into a dick. I'll have a chip on my shoulder for no reason. Perfect example of this - me giving a HUGE thumbs down to DJ Micro's face all night long while screaming "YOU FUCKING SUCK" at the top of my lungs during his last set at Avalon.

I still stick to my statement though, Micro does fucking suck!

haha, yeah, I said something last night like "I hope I can figure out the timing to make the "fuzzy happy drunk" phaze last all night..."

I'm actually getting quite good at that.

definately... I'm just going on how drugs/alcohol effect me, and my mindset afterwards and such...

Its not uncommon for me to be in the minority... so I wouldn't doubt that not everyone has the same reactions/experiences/mindsets from all of it...

JOE YOU DRUGGIE ALCOHOLIC IDIOT, TAKE A HINT!!!!!

j/k... you definitely are in the minority :aright:

ok.. when im drunk, im reeeeeeeeeetarted lol... i get unbelievably silly lol... :tongue: if i get too drunk though, which doesnt happen too often cuz i nevre really drink.. ever... but... when i get too fucked up i end up going somewhere where i can be alone for a few minutes and kinda laugh at myself cuz i end up talkin to myself or some shit i dont even know.. lol nevermind...

when i smoke- i get crazy tired so im not up to do much of anything... i laugh constantly... everything in the world is funny to me when im high... which doesnt happen often either cuz i rarely smoke...

when i roll... i tell all. i usually get real affectionate- i already am an incredibly affectionate person to begin with but... i always have to have my hands on someone... like my best friend... her and i would just sit next to each other but our arms have to be intertwined with one another just so we're touching someone lol... i get very happy when i roll.... .verrrrrrrrrry happy... very dancey and just very peaceful...... unless... someone does something or says something or if i think of something bad then i get unbelievably paranoid EX. VINYL- LOL JOEG!! :tongue:

Originally posted by linabina

ok.. when im drunk, im reeeeeeeeeetarted lol... i get unbelievably silly lol... :tongue: if i get too drunk though, which doesnt happen too often cuz i nevre really drink.. ever... but... when i get too fucked up i end up going somewhere where i can be alone for a few minutes and kinda laugh at myself cuz i end up talkin to myself or some shit i dont even know.. lol nevermind...

when i smoke- i get crazy tired so im not up to do much of anything... i laugh constantly... everything in the world is funny to me when im high... which doesnt happen often either cuz i rarely smoke...

when i roll... i tell all. i usually get real affectionate- i already am an incredibly affectionate person to begin with but... i always have to have my hands on someone... like my best friend... her and i would just sit next to each other but our arms have to be intertwined with one another just so we're touching someone lol... i get very happy when i roll.... .verrrrrrrrrry happy... very dancey and just very peaceful...... unless... someone does something or says something or if i think of something bad then i get unbelievably paranoid EX. VINYL- LOL JOEG!! :tongue:

hahaha I knew you were going to say that!

lol, you weren't that bad...