Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Liquid closes

cooljunkie

FYI Liquid will be closed this weekend, and probably will remain closed for a refurb and relaunch.

Anyone who has signed up for our guest lists at Liquid this weekend should disregard any confirmation e-mail they have received.

Nick .junkie.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by cooljunkie

FYI Liquid will be closed this weekend, and probably will remain closed for a refurb and relaunch.

Anyone who has signed up for our guest lists at Liquid this weekend should disregard any confirmation e-mail they have received.

Nick .junkie.

What?????? my fav club closed?????? did billy get out of jail yet???????:laugh: :laugh:

can someone please call up the old shadow lounge owners and tell them to open up a new club there.....

once again the saleen was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Geez Saleen why do you have to be all gloating and stuff about it? Did they mistreat you there or something?

So that club didn't click well with you, but the owner did attempt several times to cater to the tastes of a lot of people on this board I've noticed.

Most of them had good things to say about the owner and the DJs. There are a number of other clubs in SoBe that are probably more to your taste. You tried Liquid and didn't like it, okay that's cool. Did the club have flaws? Sure, but you make it out to be something way worse than it was.

Like I said, you'd prolly really like Crobar on the weekends. Maybe you should also check out Billboard Live on the weekends (both Fridays and Saturdays) sometimes as well. I'm sure you won't like everything about it, so tell everybody on the board what you liked and didn't like about it.

You've pretty much limited yourself so far to a few clubs in SoBe, and seem to be hanging out more in Ft. Lauderdale.

As for the old Shadow Lounge, I loved it! Even though it wasn't the biggest club in Miami, and even though I didn't like some of the crowd there, the vibe was still good. There was an excellent Progressive night on Fridays, and excellent Trance night on Saturdays. They used to book a LOT of global talent there. But I'm not sure if the old Shadow Lounge is your cup of tea.

Guest saleen351

Ok, i'm on a roll with predictions... here is my new one...

It will rain this weekend and ruin my plans for hooking at the beach....

we will see if it comes true...............:D

and charles, everyone on this board ripped me cause of my opinion on liqiud, i'm sure the owner did take care of yous, but who cares, i demand better clubs where as you's love the crap you have now... my first crobar night is tonight... my review will be up by tomorrow...

sobeton: it's on tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only went to liquid once. It was very early in their run and I went more out of curiosity than anything else. After we closed Shadow, I really had very little interest in what was going on there, but I figured it was worth checking out.

What I found was a little depressing. In my opinion, the place looked like a strip club...mirrors, go-go cages, a bed, and stripper swings. I knew then that it was not my kind of place. One of the things that we were always proud of when we had Shadow was the staff. Our people knew how to treat customers. On my only visit to Liquid, one of the bouncers actually hit on my fiancee right in front of me. In short, the place had become something that I wanted nothing to do with.

The idea that they had any intention of making Liquid a haven for dance music was dispelled, for me, when they named the place Liquid. Liquid (the original) was never known for the music and if they wanted to be about dance music instead of BS the name was mistake #1. They played Hip Hop at their opening. They programmed Hip Hop on three nights including Fridays. They had strippers swinging from the ceiling. You get my point...it was never going to be Twilo.

All of that is alright if that's what you want. But they made a big deal of coming on this board and others claiming to be "all about dance music". They hired Kris to run the marketing department and never listened to anything she had to say. When she could take it no more and left for Space/Spin, they made up all sorts of reasons for it when the truth was that they lied to her about what they were really wanting to do.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's no surprise that they are closing. No identity other than the one they bought with the name. No clear plan. No passion. Nothing of any substance. I, for one, will not miss it. Sorry.

As I said, just my opinion.

Dade Sokoloff

One thing about billy, he really really tried to be nice to everyone on this board. He really listened to what we had to say. Maybe his interest was business or maybe he was genuinely interested in what we had to say. :confused: (not sure)

BOTTOMLINE: He treated everyone hear with respect and always had his doors open to people from clubplanet. Whether his club was doing well or not is besides the point.

Liquid was one of my bigger contracts....in the past, my posts were biased towards them, but now I can safely say the place had a lot of internal problems. Billy may have meant well, but there were a few bad apples under him that did not mean well, and in some cases meant ill towards the clubbing populace. The best employees there were the "Shadow Lounge Refugees"! They knew from their time at Shadow how to run a place, unfortunately, their advice fell on deaf ears, and they left, or were let go for spurious reasons.

OK TIP FOR U STUPID FUCKIN CLUB OWNERS AND U DUMB FUCKIN PEOPLE WHO THINK U CAN RUN A PARTY

ur all going down sooner or later i will put u all outa business

but first off

u can never buy a name of someone elses business that flopped cause urs will do the exact same thing fuel was a flop only a moron would buy that name

as for liquid u can never buy a old name and try to "re-make" the party just wont happen..know why

cause the real liquid was all NYC, NYC owners..NYC ran it

when u miami people get a clue about anything then ur parties will be successfull

talk all u want about my post say what u want i stand ground on my opinion and i refuse to even attempt to argue it cause if ur gonna ague about it that just goes to show me u really have no idea cause u dont know the real

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by andrewthomas

OK TIP FOR U STUPID FUCKIN CLUB OWNERS AND U DUMB FUCKIN PEOPLE WHO THINK U CAN RUN A PARTY

ur all going down sooner or later i will put u all outa business

but first off

u can never buy a name of someone elses business that flopped cause urs will do the exact same thing fuel was a flop only a moron would buy that name

as for liquid u can never buy a old name and try to "re-make" the party just wont happen..know why

cause the real liquid was all NYC, NYC owners..NYC ran it

when u miami people get a clue about anything then ur parties will be successfull

talk all u want about my post say what u want i stand ground on my opinion and i refuse to even attempt to argue it cause if ur gonna ague about it that just goes to show me u really have no idea cause u dont know the real

amen...............

yo whats you say we open up Studio 54 down in sobe...:laugh:

Andrew, there are successful parties in Miami, you're just being ignorant. I can name 2 off the bat, Naïve, and Back Door Bamby, both running for quite a few years now...and if you think the old Liquid had quality parties, it really didn't, it just had star power for awhile due to Ludw...err Chris Paciello (hehe E! TV pronounced it "pah-see-yellow") and Ingrid Casares' connections...they rarely had any real talent there...so much for your "New York Owners".

And if you think Miami's so clueless what the hell were you doing enjoying yourself at crobar last night?

CROBAR = CHICAGO RAN AND THANKS TO NYERS LIKE ME THAT ARE ALWAYS THERE AND 80% OF THE EMPLOYEEES ARE FROM NY CHICAGO OR BOSTON AREAS I CAN ENJOY MYSELF THERE..IM NOT SAYING NYC IS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE SHIT IS PUMPUN IM JUST SAYING MIAMI DONT GOT IT GOING ON LIKE IT COULD BE..

I NEVER REALLY EVEN LIKED LIQUID FOR ONE REASON.

IT WAS IN MIAMI

NEXT NAIVE NEVER HEARD OF IT

MUST SUCK.

BACKDOOR BAMBI WELL THATS ONLY GOOD CAUSE ITS GAY AND ITS IN CROBAR ,TO ME GAY PEOPLE ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT HAVE A CLUE HERE

CHRIS PACILLO A.K.A CHRIS BINGER(BINGER COMES FROM THE AMOUT OF FEINDING FOR DRUGS HE USED TO DO U GOTTA BE FROM NY TO KNOW THAT ONE)HE COME TO MIAMI FROM MY HOME TOWN STATEN ISLAND NY TO TRY TO CHANGE HIS LIFESTYLE FROM A FAKE GANGSTA BITCH WHO WANNA ROLL WITH THE BIG BOYS IN THE BIG FAMILIES AND AFTER HE WANTS TO RAT EVERYONE OUT..

RAT BASTARD!!