Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does honesty benefit you in the long run...

Honesty benefits everyone because it draws us out of our little fantasy worlds and forces us to face reality and DEAL WITH IT.

Lies only delay the truth; the truth eventually comes out and when it does, the lies will only add to the pain.

Therefore, honesty is an essential characteristic of a decent, compassionate human being.

Originally posted by snoozi8

In relationships, work, just plain old life in general.... does being honest with people benefit you in the end..... so far I've found that it doesn't..... anyone?

it all depends on what youre being honest about... theres certain times and instances that fibs and twists are neccessary and called for...

but what if your honesty comes back to kick you in the ass, or what if you are honest but then someone ends up not believing a word you say..... so what's the use in putting all the effort into it..... I mean, I could never lie to people but is there a possibilty of ever being too honest, telling too much?

but what if your honesty comes back to kick you in the ass, or what if you are honest but then someone ends up not believing a word you say..... so what's the use in putting all the effort into it..... I mean, I could never lie to people but is there a possibilty of ever being too honest, telling too much?

. . Well, honesty will only come back to kick you in the ass if you've been dishonest in the past OR if the honesty you've given someone is something they didn't want to hear ( Like not using tact and being blunt about some issue that a person is REALLY sensitive about . . ) . . . In the end though, honesty is the best policy (cliched I know, but hey' its true) and sometimes, just sometimes, that blunt comment can lead to a better change in the person that received it . . .

. . I'm hung over, so don't quote me . . . ;) . .

No matter how much people try to deny it, no one's all "completely honest", or rather, "completely forthcoming" with everyone around them. We all hold little bit of information to ourselves, but I think it's important to be honest (yet tactful) about the things that you DO say.

If the person can't accept you when you're being honest, why accept them?

agree with rackham hoke 100%.

to put it in even fewer words: truth will out.

no matter what, truth will always reveal itself or be revealed.

it's just a matter of how many mental obstacles are obscuring it.

by that thinking, as someone who's always honest, you are seen as the purveyor of that truth, and totally wicked badass awesome as a result of it.

but what is all the use in being honest, and expecting from that honesty--faith and trust..... once honesty is tested=truth, but the faith and trust didn't measure up..... is it still good to be honest even if that honesty was whast created doubt ?

Mike--don't quote me I'm still rolling lol

I have problems with

"REALITY" sometimes..

too many years of Altered states

as well as manic depression and other

psychological bullshit makes

my world tend to be somewhat

bent at times...

(Though not quite as bad as

say someone like John Nash)

I am honest..

I think what I say and visa

versa..

anyone that knows me

knows that..

IS THAT A GOOD THING?

Should certain things

be left unsaid?

(Specialy from someone

who believes evenst that often

I am reminded never occured?)

who knows..

I'm not a BAD person..

so I can't see why any

truth (as I might see it)

could ever be a bad thing to

any one...

Andyet...

ask me if I give a shit!

I couldn't give a fuck

what any one

thinks of me..

AND THAT'S THE TRUTH!

Originally posted by thehacker

by that thinking, as someone who's always honest, you are seen as the purveyor of that truth, and totally wicked badass awesome as a result of it.

SO TRUE. The best compliment that I can grant someone is to say that he/she is genuine.

Unfortunately, genuine people are not as common as, say, self-absorbed douchebags.

<sigh> That's life. :rolleyes:

much like beauty honest is in the eye of the beholder... and to elaborate more on what i wrote, think about when you were younger and you had to fib a lil to parents, teachers, and legal authorities, etc... how far would that have gotten ya???

Originally posted by dgmodel

much like beauty honest is in the eye of the beholder... and to elaborate more on what i wrote, think about when you were younger and you had to fib a lil to parents, teachers, and legal authorities, etc... how far would that have gotten ya???

I think Kristy's talking about issues that are far more important than the bullshit we lie about as kids.

could be what shes implying... but not what she asked... lets take a look at what she asked...

In relationships, work, just plain old life in general.... does being honest with people benefit you in the end..... so far I've found that it doesn't.....anyone?

see so my answers are relevant and pertaining to the original thread... if she meant something else then she shouldve wrote something else... we're not mind readers here just thread readers...

lol... (im not trying to be a dick but you know what i mean)

but think about it, think about how much you fib at work to the higher ups to your co workers to anybody there... if you dont want to come in, if you want to get out of conversation if you want to get out of going after hours to a company mixer... blah blah blah... see fibbing and twisting is a neccassity in life... (in certain cases)

I'll agree reluctantly that on a very impersonal level, FIBBING is occasionally one of those necessary evils... however, on a very personal level, when it comes to friends and lovers, LYING is not okay in my book.