Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dj Breakthrough Night At The Roxy

ATTENTION ALL DJ'S...THERE'S GOING TO BE A NIGHT IN JULY CALLED BREAKTHROUGH. THERE WILL BE 4 DJ'S PICKED TO PLAY ON THE PHAZON SYSTEM AT THE ROXY. THEIR NAMES WILL BE AIRED ALL WEEK OVER KTU (3.2 MILLION PEOPLE WILL BE LISTENING) AND INVITATIONS WILL BE MADE FOR THEM WHICH WILL BE DISTRIBUTED THROUGHTOUT THE TRISTATE AREA. ON THE NIGHT THEY PLAY, THE DIRECTORS OF KTU WILL BE AT THE ROXY ALONG WITH SOME RECORD LABEL COMPANYS AND TOP DJ'S TO HEAR THEIR TALENT. IN ADDITION, ON ONE NIGHT, ONE DJ WILL BE CHOSEN TO OPEN FOR JOHNNY VICIOUS. PLUS ON SATURDAY NIGHT ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND..ONE HOUR OF THIS DJ'S MUSIC WILL BE PLAYED ON KTU DURING THE LEVEL 4 OR 5 TIME. .THIS BREAKTHROUGH NIGHT IS BEING SET UP BY MIKE RIZZO AND THE PROMOTIONAL DIRECTORS OF THE ROXY TO GIVE A CHANCE TO SOME TALENTED DJ'S TO GET A SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD.....TO REGISTER, HERE 'S WHAT YOU DO... BRING A 30 MINUTE CD EITHER THIS COMING FRIDAY JUNE 28TH OR NEXT FRIDAY JULY 5TH TO THE GUEST LIST TABLE AND SEE DEE WHO SITS AT THE GUEST LIST TABLE. MAKE SURE ALL YOUR INFO IS ON IT. THESE DEMO CD'S WILL THEN BE GIVEN TO MIKE RIZZO TO BE LISTENED TO BY PROGRAMING AND MIX SHOW PERSONEL THEY AND ONLY THEY WILL MAKE THE DECISION AS TO THE BEST FOUR. THE DECISION WILL PERHAPS BE BASED ON SEVERAL FACTORS BUT WHATEVER THE DECISION... THERE WLL BE NO INFLUENCE BY ANYONE..FORGET THAT SHIT....JUST DO THE BEST YOU CAN ..AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE. THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FOUR WILL BE GIVEN OUT WITHIN A FEW DAYS AFTER THE 5TH. .. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO MIKE RIZZO PLEASE E-MAIL HIM AT MIKERIZZONYC@AOL.COM.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djustinh

nope. not recently. whats your email address so i can send you my latest mix?

i dont really give out my email adress but if you post a url on a internet radio or something ill give it a listen

by the way i never said you cant spin, im just gonna assume you are good cuz you play exit and shit i was just sayin its peculiar how dee being in charge of the contest and you coming up as the winner being her boyfriend

Originally posted by echostar

i dont really give out my email adress but if you post a url on a internet radio or something ill give it a listen

by the way i never said you cant spin, im just gonna assume you are good cuz you play exit and shit i was just sayin its peculiar how dee being in charge of the contest and you coming up as the winner being her boyfriend

that whole situation was a big mess, and it was so sad that people were accusing her, and making statements reguarding the topic that was at hand.

2 1/2 months ago, that contest was judged by Aluv and Bobby Goodrich, who I had ever even associated with until after being told i was one of the *finalists*, but not a winner. and becuase of all the unfortunate and ridiculous comments that were being made, I decided to not play at all. reguardless, goodrich and aluv let me play on a regular night irrelevant to ClubPlanet's contest.

and i can understand why some people feel inclined to say it was rigged, i can definately understand there point of views. but their views and statements were false. period. and becuase of what happened then, i won't even think about taking place in any demo entering, contest etc. that Roxy has to offer.

oh well, life is just dandy sometimes, and people make it even better.

Originally posted by djustinh

that whole situation was a big mess, and it was so sad that people were accusing her, and making statements reguarding the topic that was at hand.

2 1/2 months ago, that contest was judged by Aluv and Bobby Goodrich, who I had ever even associated with until after being told i was one of the *finalists*, but not a winner. and becuase of all the unfortunate and ridiculous comments that were being made, I decided to not play at all. reguardless, goodrich and aluv let me play on a regular night irrelevant to ClubPlanet's contest.

and i can understand why some people feel inclined to say it was rigged, i can definately understand there point of views. but their views and statements were false. period. and becuase of what happened then, i won't even think about taking place in any demo entering, contest etc. that Roxy has to offer.

oh well, life is just dandy sometimes, and people make it even better.

~~:isok:

Originally posted by BobG

ATTENTION ALL DJ'S...THERE'S GOING TO BE A NIGHT IN JULY CALLED BREAKTHROUGH. THERE WILL BE 4 DJ'S PICKED TO PLAY ON THE PHAZON SYSTEM AT THE ROXY. THEIR NAMES WILL BE AIRED ALL WEEK OVER KTU (3.2 MILLION PEOPLE WILL BE LISTENING) AND INVITATIONS WILL BE MADE FOR THEM WHICH WILL BE DISTRIBUTED THROUGHTOUT THE TRISTATE AREA. ON THE NIGHT THEY PLAY, THE DIRECTORS OF KTU WILL BE AT THE ROXY ALONG WITH SOME RECORD LABEL COMPANYS AND TOP DJ'S TO HEAR THEIR TALENT. IN ADDITION, ON ONE NIGHT, ONE DJ WILL BE CHOSEN TO OPEN FOR JOHNNY VICIOUS. PLUS ON SATURDAY NIGHT ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND..ONE HOUR OF THIS DJ'S MUSIC WILL BE PLAYED ON KTU DURING THE LEVEL 4 OR 5 TIME. .THIS BREAKTHROUGH NIGHT IS BEING SET UP BY MIKE RIZZO AND THE PROMOTIONAL DIRECTORS OF THE ROXY TO GIVE A CHANCE TO SOME TALENTED DJ'S TO GET A SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD.....TO REGISTER, HERE 'S WHAT YOU DO... BRING A 30 MINUTE CD EITHER THIS COMING FRIDAY JUNE 28TH OR NEXT FRIDAY JULY 5TH TO THE GUEST LIST TABLE AND SEE DEE. MAKE SURE ALL YOUR INFO IS ON IT. THESE DEMO CD'S WILL THEN BE GIVEN TO MIKE RIZZO TO BE LISTENED TO BY PROGRAMING AND MIX SHOW PERSONEL THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FOUR WILL BE GIVEN OUT WITHIN A FEW DAYS AFTER THE 5TH. .. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO MIKE RIZZO PLEASE E-MAIL HIM AT MIKERIZZONYC@AOL.COM. AS WE HAVE SAID BEFORE..THE ROXY IS FOR THE PEOPLE...BY THE PEOPLE

Only 30 minutes, or at least 30 minutes? Should the mix be a live reproducable mix or should we use studio tricks and editing? What info do you neeed on the CD other than DJ name and a contact phone number?

Originally posted by kurtisp

Not really sure that's Jason's scene over there.:tongue:

muthafuckinwerd

i'd love to see either of you guys in there bro, but then again your stylos would be too much for the crowd, i mean no ktu vocals and all ;) then again, nor or either of you guys "up and coming" dj's... keep rockin man

i was considering trying to make up a demo for this, but have basically decided it aint' worth it.. theres no way it would ever be picked.. aside from the fact that my mixing is still way inferior to the majority of the dj's who'll be entering, my style is nothing like what they're looking for.. they're not gonna pick someone playing tech, breaks, and *real* house... they're all about the ktu big room jp vocals...

Originally posted by PFloyd40

i was considering trying to make up a demo for this, but have basically decided it aint' worth it.. theres no way it would ever be picked.. aside from the fact that my mixing is still way inferior to the majority of the dj's who'll be entering, my style is nothing like what they're looking for.. they're not gonna pick someone playing tech, breaks, and *real* house... they're all about the ktu big room jp vocals...

The problem is, is that too many people have lost sight of "rocking a room."

If its a KTU crowd, then jesus christ, play the KTU vocals. Why? Because when you leave that building, and your crowd leaves the building, they are goin to say "holy shit, he rocked it" becuase you did in fact play KTU accapellas all over the place. Right there, you won the masses over. Who cares if theres 10-20 people that say, "Yo wtf man, wtf where is all the deep tribal grooves?"

If you have what it takes, you should be able to adapt to any room, period. Keep in mind, play to that crowd, make them happy if your up and coming, once you win them over, you if you have the balls, and the mentality, you can start to play how you want and win them over in that sense.

but logically if you can win them over on the style of music THEY want, you've already stepped up a notch. that "staying true to your music" bullshit doesn't fly anymore. win them over, then change. :D