Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Upscale Spot - Grand Opening 6/25

The spot is called the Que Club. It might be spelled "Q" not sure I just got the call.

The idea behind this spot is it's a luxury drinking spot for 21+. The catch to this place is that there is a dance floor, seating areas, champagne areas and there are upscale pool tables.

That's right, it's about shooting pool, having drinks and hooking up.

I have been told that the reason its called Que Club is to refer to a pool shooter cueing up a ball.

I have seen some pictures of the place and it compares with many upscales lounges in NYC but with a twist of pool.

I will be DJ'ing from 9PM-Close to open up the spot tomorrow night, Tuesday night.

The music will be a mix of classic dance, new dance and trance.

The address is :

220 West 19th St

New York, NY

(212) 206-7665

PS

I Know I owe a couplea mix cd's out there but I have been real busy in the studio working on an album and will send them out soon!

there are upscale pool tables.

That's right, it's about shooting pool, having drinks and hooking up.

So uhm... how does a pool table become upscale? It is made by Tiffany, or does it live uptown for a while? Is it fed only on gourmet food? :tongue:

That second sentence I just had to quote cause it's so uncongruous with the "upscale" statement... :laugh2: I was just wondering if anyone else saw the irony in that.

Anyway, pool isn't really my thing but good luck with it anyway, have fun spinning :)

. . Pool is meant to be played in poorly lit smoke filled rooms with a jukebox on the wall . . Oh, and also add in at least one fat guy that can shark the entire joint to it's knees . . .

. . I've said it before and I'll say it again . . . YOU are mean't to blend into the PARTY, not mold it to YOU . . . If you understand that . . you won't have to try to fit in . . . :aright: . . .

Pool used to be the sport of royalty... its nefarious reputation is a modern development stemming from its prevalence in gambling parlors in the early 1900's (hence its nickname "pool", from "betting pool", whereas the proper title is "pocket billiards"). Pool is an elegant game, a thinking man's game, and I feel it's gotten a really bum rap.

But that's just me. ;)

Originally posted by hoke

Pool used to be the sport of royalty... its nefarious reputation is a modern development stemming from its prevalence in gambling parlors in the early 1900's (hence its nickname "pool", from "betting pool", whereas the proper title is "pocket billiards"). Pool is an elegant game, a thinking man's game, and I feel it's gotten a really bum rap.

But that's just me. ;)

. . yeah, but the bum rap is half the fun!! . . come on, you know its true . . .

Originally posted by hoke

But that's just me. ;)

You know damn well you copied that off some place!

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . yeah, but the bum rap is half the fun!! . . come on, you know its true . . .

Okay, okay, I'll admit... I'm not opposed to the occasional gamble :D

<sigh>

I'm so out of practice though... used to play 5-10 hours a day, now I don't play that in a month :(