Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the personals are creepy...

weyes

my roommate leaves them lying around, and, i've gotta say that they're intriguing, just 'cause they're so disturbing. to paraphrase: "seeking girl with really long hair - call me!" wtf? but here's my question: why do so many people say they like long walks on the beach? is it because amidst the crashing waves no one can hear you scream, in the vastness of it all you can get lost, and in the sand, you cannot run fast enough to escape the grasp of these people :worry: ? i don't care if you'd "love me for who i am" - you're sketchy.

i also like the "I've Seen You" type of ads, they usuually go like:

"Jane, spoke to you on the Metro to work, early in the morning. Your eyes dazzled me but I was a clutz for not asking you for your #. Coffee?"

they always end in "coffee" or "tea" or "lunch"...me and one of my old roomeates use to go through them everyweek and have a riot laughing at some of them. she always tried to convince me to resply to one of them :(

Originally posted by vicman

i also like the "I've Seen You" type of ads, they usuually go like:

"Jane, spoke to you on the Metro to work, early in the morning. Your eyes dazzled me but I was a clutz for not asking you for your #. Coffee?"

they always end in "coffee" or "tea" or "lunch"...me and one of my old roomeates use to go through them everyweek and have a riot laughing at some of them. she always tried to convince me to resply to one of them :(

YES! those are HILARIOUS :laugh:

I doubt they actually find the person... maybe 1 in 50 er sumthin?/?

But i don't think i'd ever stoop to joining the personals. Most of them are middle-aged people looking for love in all the wrong places :rolleyes:

actually, gmc, that's whats so crazy about the pennysaver - where i was reading these; some of the ads are from people as young as 20. i, too, always picture those peeps as middle-aged men and women with poor communication skills who are afraid of being alone and are using these ads as a last resort.

nourishment - i had no idea that there are personals on cp :eek: !!! i'll have to check that out!!!

a friend of mine told me a while back he was thinking of putting out a personal ad. he's the most amazing man i've ever known; he's got all of the qualities i want in a friend and would want in a mate for life (honest, open, fun, caring, intelligent, clever), but there's no attraction - very unfortunate :cry: . seriously, i've really tried to think of him in that way 'cause i love him so much and he's so terrific, but i can't. and i don't think he could think of me that way, either. i also think he's gay and doesn't know it, but that's another issue...

he's 34 and i think he's getting the "i'm getting on in years to still be single" thing, which is why he was thinking about putting out an ad. but it breaks my heart to think that he thinks he needs to put out an ad in order for someone to find and appreciate him.

Originally posted by nourishment

Have you seen the personals on CP? Talk about some scary shit. I thought at least they'd be clubbing personals, but I was seriously mistaken.

we have personal on CP? i might need to check those out :D

are there "i saw you" ads also?

"you: dark haired girl standing next to the subwoofer at Buzz around 2am. you were plastered, i was plastered but our eyes met for a second. me-plastered boy in ufo's...coffee?"

:laugh:

Originally posted by weyes

a friend of mine told me a while back he was thinking of putting out a personal ad. he's the most amazing man i've ever known; he's got all of the qualities i want in a friend and would want in a mate for life (honest, open, fun, caring, intelligent, clever), but there's no attraction - very unfortunate :cry: . seriously, i've really tried to think of him in that way 'cause i love him so much and he's so terrific, but i can't. and i don't think he could think of me that way, either. i also think he's gay and doesn't know it, but that's another issue...

he's 34 and i think he's getting the "i'm getting on in years to still be single" thing, which is why he was thinking about putting out an ad. but it breaks my heart to think that he thinks he needs to put out an ad in order for someone to find and appreciate him.

i good friend in dc whos 32 and gay, recently put an add up, met someone, dunno where thats going, need to catch up on the gossip, but almost all of my female friends that have met him think he's very good looking and a real nice and cool guy