Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If you could have a Phazon in any club in NYC...

Originally posted by dr0ne

what irks me about their whole marketing hype is that they make it seem like they're using some fucking revolutionary whizbang star trek technology of the year 3000 when in fact it's the same concepts, technology and equipment used in many other places, with the difference that they actually have the skill to set it up properly.

listen im an MSEE and my field was DSP so i know all this shit you're talking about....i know its not just picking up some JBL's at the Wiz and hanging them off the celing, but cmon....easy on the hype.

With a dsp double e degree you should then know that programming makes or breaks digital processing. Linux runs very smoothly, while microsoft......

I'm not sure what kind of technology people are expecting, but dash does have the means, knowledge, and skill to dig into the oem digital code and tweak it to his desire. New operating systems for studio equipment can optimize and streamline the gear, adding additional voices, waveforms, effects, etc. Novation's Nova OS upgrades significatnly increased polyphony and this was jsut from a new set of instructions receieved via midi. WHy can't the same principle be applied to PA equip?

The concepts of a combustion engine haven't changed much since the model t, so are lamboughini's overhyped? The mclaren f-1 does indeed go faster than a yugo, no? Saleen mustang's are a lil bit quicker than stock, no?

Good luck in the field. I studied ee at stevens, burned out, and dropped out. Music is my focus now. SOmething abotu a 9-5 that I can't imagine doing in my life. Deprogramming the technical stuff will take a while.