Clubplanet Nightlife Community

phrases and slang that have to die, kids.

weyes

maybe it's 'cause i'm in a bad humor today, sorry :( . maybe if the man with the ice cream sandwiches would come around, i'd feel better (bad joke ;) ) . but my goddamn job makes me listen to so-called r&b (that new shit has no rhythm or blues) and bad hip-hop all day, and i've just gotta put it out there that some shit has got to go already.

seriously :mad: . if i hear

rock on and on, till the break of dawn

or

wave your hands in the air, wave 'em like you just don't care

one more time, i will officially lose my shit. those phrases were cool and roof-raising ( :nono: and stop that shit, too) back in the day (as in early eighties), but it's long past time that they have a decent burial. please, for the children's sake.

y'all feel me, yo? anybody got any slang gripes while the topic's up here?

"(the dj)..tore the roof off the club"

"put your hands up in the air, put your hand up in the air"

any "uh-huh," "werd" or "yeah" in a song :mad:

damn, this has the potential of becoming a long lasting thread..i need to think....

Starting out any sentence w/ Dude should be banned from our country's vernacular. I can't believe people still use that term?!?! I will admit that from time to time it slips out of my mouth. However, I am making a conscious effort to completely eliminate it from my vocabulary.

Originally posted by joeygk

Starting out any sentence w/ Dude should be banned from our country's vernacular. I can't believe people still use that term?!?! I will admit that from time to time it slips out of my mouth. However, I am making a conscious effort to completely eliminate it from my vocabulary.

Dude, what's wrong with that? :tongue:

i only heard these when i moved out here, so the rest of you probably don't have to hear these - lucky you. what is up with:

rad

and

awesome?

aren't the 80s over? i guess that that was when l.a. was really on top, so maybe that's why this town has held onto those words. but really, now :no: .

Originally posted by weyes

i only heard these when i moved out here, so the rest of you probably don't have to hear these - lucky you. what is up with:

rad

and

awesome?

aren't the 80s over? i guess that that was when l.a. was really on top, so maybe that's why this town has held onto those words. but really, now :no: .

Hahha, do they still say "Rad" out in Cali?/?

I still say Awesome, but not rad, gnarley, tubular, insane, etc...

also, i think all the Austin Powers lingo has gotten OLD:

Do i make you horny, baby?

Shagadelic

Mojo

Originally posted by gmccookny

also, i think all the Austin Powers lingo has gotten OLD:

Do i make you horny, baby?

Shagadelic

Mojo

well shiiiiet, the new movie is coming out i think sometime soon, you think were gonna have to deal with those terms again more the usual in the near future because of the movie?

Originally posted by nourishment

There's a woman in my office using the phrase "cool beans" on a regular basis. I'm thinking a slapping her with a hostile work environment lawsuit.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i also think that as you grow older you need to refresh the slang you use unless if its for some particular reason that justifies you using it.

a freind of a friend, the guy was almost 40, the guy used "cool" and "dude" way to often IMO for a guy approaching 40.

Originally posted by vicman

the guy used "cool" and "dude" way to often

o <-- Yo, you dropped this. :rolleyes:

I personally love the over the hill hippies trying to hold on to their glory days. One of my VP's is 40, has a diamond stud in his ear, and says dude all the time. I think it's cool beans. He's a pretty rad dude.

well if he was a hippie i guess its ok, furthermore computer people are weird in their own right, you are a prime example and i know and had roomates who were computer people, and they were weird.

but the guy i was talking about was as granola as you could get.

Originally posted by gmccookny

I still say Awesome, but not rad, gnarley, tubular, insane, etc...

sometimes i find myself saying "gnarly..." :hey: i'm trying not to, though.

but i'm with snarfgirl; "holler at me lata, foo'" has gotta go. and i'm really sick of

whattup, dog?

and

playa.

Originally posted by weyes

sometimes i find myself saying "gnarly..." :hey: i'm trying not to, though.

but i'm with snarfgirl; "holler at me lata, foo'" has gotta go. and i'm really sick of

whattup, dog?

and

playa.

an "playahata"

yeah - i don't really get it when people say, "you're just hating," when i talk about something i don't like. :confused: hello? didn't i just say i disliked whatever the aforementioned thing is? of course i'm hating :tongue: !