Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Subthread: Why Men Wont Commit #2...

dgmodel

I also dont like the idea of the guy I'm seeing to be fawking some other girl. Sometimes, I'd rather have a guy I know that will be there, a constant fixture ya know, for all the good reasons to be in a relationship. Theres no games on how the person feels, well at least most of the time theres not, etc. Everyone looks for a certain type of happiness with a person, so if I find a guy thats exactly what I'm looking for, why push him away? Why spend that time pushing him away, when I can spend that time being happy with him. If I'm single then I'm single, it does have its perks, but nothing beats being in a relationship with someone that makes you truly happy:)

from my experiences the most longterm relationships started out as just seeing each other then some how we wound up spending all our time together and down the line commited to each other with out questioning and asking and blah etc... i feel thats how most relationships should be... with anyone... if its right it'll just click and youll know it.. and you wont want to see other ppl you wont want to go out and play the game, and blah... if the person you or i are seeing for some time still feels the need to see others then obviously doesnt see you as a bf/gf material just a place holder or insurance... at that point maybe one needs to reevaluate the relationship and move apart... but thats just my view on it... but what do i know im just a punk kid...

Originally posted by dgmodel

from my experiences the most longterm relationships started out as just seeing each other then some how we wound up spending all our time together and down the line commited to each other with out questioning and asking and blah etc... i feel thats how most relationships should be... with anyone... if its right it'll just click and youll know it.. and you wont want to see other ppl you wont want to go out and play the game, and blah... if the person you or i are seeing for some time still feels the need to see others then obviously doesnt see you as a bf/gf material just a place holder or insurance... at that point maybe one needs to reevaluate the relationship and move apart... but thats just my view on it... but what do i know im just a punk kid...

I strongly agree with you on that.....:)

not me... its the same ppl that would rather curse the darkness then light a candle... or complain about the noise when oppurtunity knocks... see why wouldnt you comment on this thread if a majority of the sexboard in the past couple days and months has been about bf/gf problems and relationships and blah... and girls and guys were all complaining that theyre relationships suck or girls are evil or men are assholes... and they all wanted the perfect relationship but noone (besides the girls/guys on this thread) knows why they want it... they want it... oh well... maybe this why their relationships dont work out because they dont know what they want from it or why...

Originally posted by quittintime

why is that the same people that I encounter that go out of their way looking for love, relationships and commitments are the same individuals who hate their jobs, hate situations well hate is such a strong adjective but dislike their lifestyles. what is the correlation between the two? are they looking for a person to solve their problems or is it that misery just loves company? or are they addicted to the emphatic feeling of love?

People have different priorities. While you may equate happiness with finding the perfect job, others don't care as much about their career and would rather invest their time and trouble into finding the perfect life partner, maybe start a family and make their mark on the world by raising children who may someday change it for the better.

As far as why do women want to commit... I agree with everything Spy and Suthrnbelle have said...

Something I realized the other day... that at this stage in my life, once I do get that commitment, it's very possible that it could be the very *last* commitment ever - that "boyfriend" could very well turn into "husband" a few years down the road... it kind of freaked me out but I guess in a way it's kind of cool too...

how can you support a family with out the perfect job or a good career??? if focus all your time and effort to looking for the perfect mate are you going to live off him/her???

Come on, how many people do you think have the "perfect job?" Also, you're also assuming that 1. a fulfilling career necessarily pays well, 2. that if your job does pay well, it will make you happy. Neither of these has to be the case.

Somehow, people still manage to support their families without the perfect job.

Like I said- priorities...

Why do women want to commit?

There is a 50% of girls that know what commitment is, and some don't.

The girls that want commitment proberbly (sp?) went thru a couple of relationships. They want the person to go home to, they want the person to talk to - They want the same person that knows what's going on with thier life - Instead of starting with one person, then have to start all over with another person.

They want ONE ONE ONE person that they want FOREVER. Without bouncing around to this person and to that.

They want love, they want caring loving hands. They want someone to be there forever, someone that would go head-over-heels for them - and in return they will too.

The girls who don't want commitment mabye IMO, didn't go thru very good relationships and don't know what love is.

my sister is 30something playing the dating game... and all she talks about is how much it sucks and how the only ppl out there looking for other ppl are washed up jerks or divorcee's or guys that are still hung up on their ex's... and all her friends guy girl indifferent all they do is complain about how there is nobody worth commiting to at that age... all the good ones are taken, the ones left are the ones nobody wanted or have some problems... the social equivalent of the last kids picked for dodgeball... what im saying is this... with so many ppl looking for love and relationships and blah where are they all looking that they keep missing each other??? is there hope for the 30something crowd? is it pointless to search??? what would you do???

with so many ppl looking for love and relationships and blah where are they all looking that they keep missing each other??? is there hope for the 30something crowd? is it pointless to search??? what would you do???

I think I'm begining to realize that once you start looking for something it gets harder to find..... I think with love you just need to wait....Who knows when or where it will come from...I feel that it will come from the most unexpected place and thats what makes it better....So for now I'm not looking for it.....That doesnt mean I'm completely shutting out whats around me but at the same time I dont have the strength in me to torture myself about it daily.....

Originally posted by tastyt

Something I realized the other day... that at this stage in my life, once I do get that commitment, it's very possible that it could be the very *last* commitment ever - that "boyfriend" could very well turn into "husband" a few years down the road... it kind of freaked me out but I guess in a way it's kind of cool too...

me too, and herein, for me, lies the problem...i don't want to "play" anymore and date people just for the sake of doing so...i am at the point where that is a waste of time--not that i am ready to get married next week either, but i AM looking for a little security in a relationship...so, i will be single for a while ;) lol...

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

I think I'm begining to realize that once you start looking for something it gets harder to find..... I think with love you just need to wait....Who knows when or where it will come from...I feel that it will come from the most unexpected place and thats what makes it better....So for now I'm not looking for it.....That doesnt mean I'm completely shutting out whats around me but at the same time I dont have the strength in me to torture myself about it daily.....

i agree with that, BUT...we live in a society where instant gratification is the way to go--we take what we want when we want it, use it till we are done, and then discard(yes, this is a general statement, but...)

i see so many people around me doing that with GF/BFs and relationships--they are not in it for the long term, just for the till-i-have-my-fill...is there hope for a happily ever after at all? is it possible to find someone that you can truly spend the rest of your life with...or, on a smaller scale, who can keep their d*ck in their pants(or opposite for girl-cheaters, lol) and NOT cheat and be mature enough for a monogamous relationship? :(

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

we live in a society where instant gratification is the way to go--we take what we want when we want it, use it till we are done, and then discard(yes, this is a general statement, but...)

I agree with you on that.....I've had those in the past but right now I would like something thats alittle more serious and stable.....That instant feeling of gratification only lasts for so long before you go back to feeling like there's something missing in your life.....I'd rather wait out for that serious relationship then continuosly go back to feeling that way.....:)

i see so many people around me doing that with GF/BFs and relationships--they are not in it for the long term, just for the till-i-have-my-fill...is there hope for a happily ever after at all? is it possible to find someone that you can truly spend the rest of your life with...or, on a smaller scale, who can keep their d*ck in their pants(or opposite for girl-cheaters, lol) and NOT cheat and be mature enough for a monogamous relationship? :(

Those relationships are hard for me to understand....If you feel that you wont be with that person in set amount of time, then why commint at all?.....Also at the same time when I'm in a relationship I dont look at it as "this is going to be the girl I marry".....Maybe one day I will....But I'd rather just take things day by day....Lets see where this leads us......On the topic of cheating; its not something I do.....I dont care if we get into the biggest argument in the world, there is no way I would cheat on the person I'm with.....

I've had those in the past but right now I would like something thats alittle more serious and stable.....That instant feeling of gratification only lasts for so long before you go back to feeling like there's something missing in your life.....

yup, yup :)

On the topic of cheating; its not something I do.....I dont care if we get into the biggest argument in the world, there is no way I would cheat on the person I'm with.....

but sadly, it seems like everyone i meet cheats on their GF/BF, and that gives me even less faith in a future relationship, ya know? :(