Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the $50 cover at ARC this evening.....

I filled out a email list while I was trying not to passout leaning against the t-shirt area.

Name: Meathead Slapnutz

Email: ArcSucks@BringBackVinyl.net

Comments: Fire hazard anyone?

I dont mind the heat...I dont mind the crowd...I dont even mind the repetitive base line....but I need room to at least pretend like im having a good time.

And seriously folks...how can someone remodel....and make it worse?

The grey paint gave me hospital lunatarium flashbacks.

The lack of vents,fans, air conditioning units was a complete disgrace to all those who listen to the sound and get down.

my quote for the night

"If I had an SMG and about 10 clips...I could make room to dance."

:flame:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~~~ i hae to agree with everyone who is bitching......the music was great no doubt BUT it was too hot...i had to fan myself most of the night with the infected mushroom flyer and keep running to the bathroom to put water on my face and neck.....imo thats waay too hot....half hour before i left i remember sitting and tryign to figure out is the music worth it for me to stay here even tho i might pass out or should i go and save myself...i shoyuld not be doing that in a club i should be dancing but whenever there is a free spot that i start dancing in people assume that they can walk thru there.........grrrrrrrr:mad:

sorry needed to vent

I don't get the whole argument about whether clubs are worth the huge covers? Are they worth it?...they are if you decide to pay it. If you want to see DH vs. DT that badly then that $50 is worth it...you are the ones who justify the huge covers. I'm guilty of the samne thing...I am the king of bitching about money I spend when I'm out...but I'm the asshole...not the clubs. I'm the idiot going along with it. If people really didn't think one night was worth it they wouldn't go...but we all do.

Originally posted by zekefreak

I don't get the whole argument about whether clubs are worth the huge covers? Are they worth it?...they are if you decide to pay it. If you want to see DH vs. DT that badly then that $50 is worth it...you are the ones who justify the huge covers. I'm guilty of the samne thing...I am the king of bitching about money I spend when I'm out...but I'm the asshole...not the clubs. I'm the idiot going along with it. If people really didn't think one night was worth it they wouldn't go...but we all do.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Its the sign o' the times. Dave Matthews charges about the same amount for two or three hours. The way I see it, it is well worth it.

It sucks, I hate spending money too, but these are two of the top ten Dj's in the world. Deal with it.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Its the sign o' the times. Dave Matthews charges about the same amount for two or three hours. The way I see it, it is well worth it.

but dave matthews is not the resident at giants stadium or madison square garden every friday night......and he isnt here on the last saturday of every month either

Originally posted by echostar

but dave matthews is not the resident at giants stadium or madison square garden every friday night......and he isnt here on the last saturday of every month either

Excellent point...

dave mathews just plain old sucks, so im glad he isnt around often, cause i'd have to hear these fool at work talk about him all the time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yeah, thats what I'm saying...yeah, $50 is a lot..and it's about $20 more than I'd like to spend. But it's $50 I'm WILLING to spend for some reason. Yeah, DMB comes around once or twice a year but the experience that you get is far far different from the one you can get at a club listening to a world class DJ. I mean, you can have a great time listening to Dave for a couple of hours, but jesus christ...those two hours don't compare in intensity to hearing a Ferry Corsten or a Scot Project spin for 4 or 5 hours. I'm not even sure where this is all going...but again, these nights out are worth whatever you're willing to spend...whether it be DMB or PVD.