Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the underappreciated DJ of the year

jessb

Acosta kicks ass. Eddie G is awesome. The hip hop room is sweaty. But have you checked out the other dj at Level?

For those of you who haven't heard of Lee Cakebread...drag your ass out of the main room of Level, take a walk upstairs, get some air, and just listen. The music will do the rest! Since I first stumbled upon Lee spinning, I haven't been able to stop dancing. If you haven't had a chance to hear hard house music, check it out. His high energy sets just make you dance, dance, dance. When you see him, I'll probably be there too, as my friends and myself have become somewhat of his groupies.:jawdrop:

I've met Lee twice, at Level, and the Pool Party, cool, real nice guy. When I went to level, I walked thru the room he played, and I heard a Warp Bros track, that was god knows how old, and total cheese, im sorry, nice guy aside, definetely not the underappreciated dj of the year.

Most under appreciated DJ of the year is DPadilla. I know that I am going to get attacked for this but it is true. He was one of the best known DJ around Miami a few years ago and now people seem to acted like he was never any good. Just b/c he doesn't like people to dictate how he plays his music he's gotten some what of a bad rep. So what! He really tries to play what the people want to hear not these so called "dictators"... I personally think that whether he is playing Hard German Trance or even Prog House he in my book is my favorite DJ and I think should be appreciated more for his talent on laying records. People here in Miami may not like him much but you can bet that any where else they appreciate him alot more.... :)

Originally posted by naomi1

Most under appreciated DJ of the year is DPadilla. I know that I am going to get attacked for this but it is true. He was one of the best known DJ around Miami a few years ago and now people seem to acted like he was never any good. Just b/c he doesn't like people to dictate how he plays his music he's gotten some what of a bad rep. So what! He really tries to play what the people want to hear not these so called "dictators"... I personally think that whether he is playing Hard German Trance or even Prog House he in my book is my favorite DJ and I think should be appreciated more for his talent on laying records. People here in Miami may not like him much but you can bet that any where else they appreciate him alot more.... :)

For sure most under appreciated Miami DJ period. IMO

I too would probably think a DJ was crap if I was walking through and heard a song I thought was cheesy (ie- Zombie Nation, Macarena, YMCA...), but that just gets to my point. You only let him play one song for you, and you jumped to a conclusion. Next time, on your way to the john, give him a minute and watch him mix. Hey, maybe hard house isn't your thing, but don't judge the guy by one track.

I agree DPadilla is good. I've only seen him spin twice at the mix, but his first "The Mix Afterhours" CD is great.

Originally posted by jessb

I too would probably think a DJ was crap if I was walking through and heard a song I thought was cheesy (ie- Zombie Nation, Macarena, YMCA...), but that just gets to my point. You only let him play one song for you, and you jumped to a conclusion. Next time, on your way to the john, give him a minute and watch him mix. Hey, maybe hard house isn't your thing, but don't judge the guy by one track.

I agree DPadilla is good. I've only seen him spin twice at the mix, but his first "The Mix Afterhours" CD is great.

What are we talking about now, most underappreciated in Miami, or most underappreciated DJ anywhere.

The most underappreciated DJ in Miami, even though he barely spins is Robbie Rivera.

Lee is an awesome Hard House DJ. We have managed him for 3 years now - and there are some amazing things in the works.

Not many people know, but Lee is the man behind UK hard house label - Peaceman Records. He has worked with every major Hard House DJ, and helped start up Divine @ Privilege in Ibiza.

On top of all this he is a great guy, a top chap and my best friend.

Long live DJ Lee Cakebread - The only DJ spinning UK Hard House on Sobe - he started the SoBe Hard House revolution back in 1997 @ Liquid, and has continued to stand by what he belives in. Not many DJ's have this sort of tenacity these days.

Watch out for new releases from Lee & Jimmy Toural later this year, and you can catch the man every week @ Level.

Long Live pimp-djs!!!!!