Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Disgusting !!!!

this past saturday a few of us went to SANDY HOOK - i know it's the grossest beach but still ... we needed something close because we had plans later that night and didn't want to drive the whole way down to ortley.

all i have to say is the OCEAN WATER is DISGUSTING !!!

i swear i felt like i was swimming in a toilet. :flush:

i have been to sandy hook a few times last year and it was nothing like it was this past saturday - WHAT HAPPENED ??

i know the city is right there but still - it was GROSS !!

a few years ago the shore was so clean, all those activists cleaning stuff up and it was working ..... now it looks worse than it ever did !!!

Sorry to hear it was so gross, barbiegirl. The funny thing is -- the water in Ortley beach (surf Club) was so much more blue than usual. I couldn't believe it. It is finally warming up enough now that I could actually go IN the water without going numb...in certain areas! :tongue:

I agree with trickdaddy, the water has been Green/Blue as opposed to Brown. It always looked broen for a few years. noe when the surf turns it's green/blue.

What was the beach/sand like Barbiegirl? Sandyhook as always had problems, I don't think it was ever a clean clean beach. Sorry to hear it. Maybe there is a Activist type group you can tell about it................................

Screw that i'd rather just hang on the beach or jump in a pool. I mean I love the beach and yes it gets really hot out at times where u have to jump in for a bit to cool off but you dont know whats in that water nowadays. I love it when i go fishing on my friends boat and we go 5 - 10 miles off the jersey shore and the water is soooooo blue and clean out there its amazing!!!! I had to just take a quick leap off the boat into that water. What was even greater than that was when i went overnight tuna fishing 80 miles off the jersey shore in about 300/400 feet of water and the water was so clean and blue looking that u would have wanted to drink or bathe in it but couldn't because of the salt water. All in all the water just a few miles off the shore is so awesome :eek:

An interesting fact really quick ,

No matter how blue and clear the water is wherever you go, if you were able to see around you in 50 mile radius of where you were in the water from all the live animals and whatnot you would never go into the water again............ :what:

Anyway it IS nice more out away frm the surf..............:D

the water was COLD at first but after you were in it for a few minutes it warmed up and you were used to it .... not only that but it was so DAMN HOT out that i had to jump in, no matter how gross.

we usually go to ortley - the water is usually nicer there but like i said we didn't want to go to far down south.

i won't ever go back to sandy hook, not unless they put some oxi-clean in that shit or something !!!

hey perns - i agree, if i could see all the fishies and sea life i would run for the shore faster than anything !!!