Do you like your job?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like your job?

• I love my job.
    • I hate my job.
    • Mmmm.... sometimes.
    • What's a job?
    • I like ice cream! *clap clap clap*

Personally, I'm increasingly frustrated with my job because I feel my talents aren't being fully used (despite constantly requesting more difficult projects) and lack of solid interdepartmental procedures makes me want to throw myself out a window sometimes... That said, I have what some people would consider a dream job, and I feel I'm not really appreciative enough.

Do you like your job? If not, how do you keep positive/motivated about work?

i love my job.... im a bartender in my own place... well not MY own... but my brothers own/manage it... so its a lil more lenient than most places... i work with friends basically... one girl who i actually get along with and the rest are guys... and i get along great with all of them... i work a couple blocks down from my college.. so all the people that come in are regulars from my school- fraternity and sorority people... when we're busy, i make sick amts of $ in a matter of like ... 2 hours that im actually serving people... but the only thing i cant stand is when we're slow.. cuz i only work for tips... and when its slow, i make nothing, therefore the time goes by slow and i go home pissed off with about $2 in my pocket... but... on a night like this past saturday there, i served people from like 12-2 and lets just say i was able to pay my car payment from only workin 2 hours :) and its FUN!!! FUN FUN FUN! its a lounge/club.... so how can i NOT love being in the scene, but gettin paid for it ;):D

I think the ice cream one was made special for you Wideskies...(that feels really odd....I'm just calling you Cat on here from now on...)

Anyway, a week ago it would have been I hate my job, but the last few days have been tolerable, so I've downgraded to sometimes. Hopefully it stays there through the end of the summer.

my job (computer programming) is boring most of the time, but its easy (well, my boss is very easy to please) and i can sit back and read CP and news for hours without being bothered... and i make alot more than most 17 year olds make. all in all, its not bad in the least.

i think my dream job is to own either a bar or a club... now that would be the day

i like my job....it's convinently located near my home...and it pays well...and i work around a small group...and it's in a warehouse....the only thing i dislike about it is that i work in the evening.....and i get off around midnite....:mad:

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

my job (computer programming) is boring most of the time, but its easy (well, my boss is very easy to please) and i can sit back and read CP and news for hours without being bothered... and i make alot more than most 17 year olds make. all in all, its not bad in the least.

i think my dream job is to own either a bar or a club... now that would be the day

What kind of programming do you do?

I love my job, it can suck sometimes but it is enjoyable and I get to use my talents :)

I am sorely underpaid though, but since they can slap the word "intern" in front of my position, they are allowed to do that.

what job? ;)

seriously when i do get one, it's hopefully going to be either working with people like TRD or honda racing, making things go faster and explode less.

or i'll just join spec forces and kill people for a living. Either way i'm going to have a ball dammit. Life is too short for mediocrity.

Coaching gymnastics, acrobatics and tumbling to cheerleaders is fun, ( i guess it helps when you own your own gymnastics gym) but coaching 3 and 4 year olds how to do a forward roll when they are crying and screaming for their moms, thats fucking annoying!!!