Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Greenpoint & Williamsburg...

anyone here live in these areas??? im debating if this place is doable for me and am curiuos on a couple things... maybe y'all could help me out... How is rent on avg and are util's typically included??? how is the commute to midtown or downtown??? (in length, and quality and what trains would i be taking to either loc.) how is the environment for a single male??? how is parking??? (if any) what is the demographic of either or both neighborhoods??? and are you happy living there at the moment??? thank you in advance for any and all your input!!!

I just moved into my new apartment in Williamsburg yesterday (4 blocks away from the Bedford Avenue stop - L train) First of all, the commute is absolutely sweet!!! I am working on Times Square and it literally takes me 20 minutes to/from work door-to-door. It is three stops to Union Square. The neighborhood is awesome: Lotsa bars, cafes, restaurants and it seems to expand every weekend. Plus people are very unpretentious.... Overall everybody is very young (20s to low 30s). Parking is okay (much better than in Manhattan but at times can still be a bitch)

In terms of rent, I am paying $1800 for a two bedroom (a/c, dishwasher, washer, dryer in the unit) I think that is probably at the upper end unless you are looking into getting a loft. Utilities are not included.

I was looking into Manhattan (East Village) but decided to move to Williamsburg cause I love the neighborhood.

I live in Greenpoint now and its a pretty nice neighborhood.....The rent from what I heard is getting alittle high....Some people are paying about $1200 for a 2 room apt.....Luckily I moved into the apt my dad had before he remarried so my rent is still pretty low.....The util's are usually not included in your rent...Only water....Everything else you pay for.....The commute is pretty good....The only trains aroud here are the G and the L....It takes about 15-20 minutes to get into the city using the G but you would have to transfer at Court Square to either the E or the V....With the L it takes about 5 minutes to get into the city.....As far as being a single male around here; you might need to learn some Polish....Alot of bars....A few shitty clubs....Nothing too special.....Parking...Forget about it....If you want your car on the right side for street cleaning the next day then you better have it parked before 6....Also it gets hard to find parking anywhere after 9.....There's alot of young people moving into the neighborhood lately(late 20's) so its a real change from lets say 5 years ago.....Currently I'm pretty happy living here mostly cause my rent is so cheap plus its close to the city and what not......If you have any other questions just pm me......:D

Originally posted by hotelie

I just moved into my new apartment in Williamsburg yesterday (4 blocks away from the Bedford Avenue stop - L train) First of all, the commute is absolutely sweet!!! I am working on Times Square and it literally takes me 20 minutes to/from work door-to-door. It is three stops to Union Square. The neighborhood is awesome: Lotsa bars, cafes, restaurants and it seems to expand every weekend. Plus people are very unpretentious.... Overall everybody is very young (20s to low 30s). Parking is okay (much better than in Manhattan but at times can still be a bitch)

In terms of rent, I am paying $1800 for a two bedroom (a/c, dishwasher, washer, dryer in the unit) I think that is probably at the upper end unless you are looking into getting a loft. Utilities are not included.

I was looking into Manhattan (East Village) but decided to move to Williamsburg cause I love the neighborhood.

you forgiener!! :mad:

;) nah j/k....welcome to the hood! i grew up here...totally love the way it has progressed!!

marko...contact me...i might know a few people...