Clubplanet Nightlife Community

stop making excuses for irresponsible club owners......

im getting tired of this...

people promise dj's they dont show

they promise performers who dont show

no line waiting-you wait on line

brand new air conditioner-hotter then fucking hell

crowd control-over crowding....

we need a clubbers union....

im sorry but club owners need to take responsibiltiy for the business that they own....im a marketing and management major and these owners are the worst...im telling you right now if i had a club i would have the talent that was advertisied,,,id have the system i promised and the club WOULD be cool in the summer....

the slogan is---"learn to underpromise and over deliver"

Originally posted by msoprano13

im getting tired of this...

people promise dj's they dont show

this is what really fucken pisses me off. It's like when you go to the movies to see Men in Black, so you pay and everything to get in. But instead without telling anyone they show this Disney movie. Everyone would be like, "WTF, give us our money back!" AT least at club, they should have a sign outside saying, "Our special guest DJ will not be here." I dunno in a way I think us as clubbers stand up and take a lot of shit from these partners/promoters and club owners. But it is also kinda our fault. Cause we go back to those same places and give them another 20-30 dollars, over and over again.

not argueing the point of what you said i actually agree with you completely... however... it is all easier said than done...

About the dj's showing up... i know that with AVB at exit AVB was honest to everyone telling the people on his website that due to problems with his visa he wouldnt be able to make the venue... EXIT managment was the ones who dicked everyone over telling them that he would still be there....

second with the problem with the temp... its not easy to do climate control in a club, remember these are all abandoned warehouses that were built when, prolly the late 1800's or early 1900's.. not sure but they arent exactly designed for climate control... (smaller venue's of course thats another story.)

performers, well i havent seen that many who havent shown up, more or less they are just usually very late... I remember when Nicole McCloud was at roxy... she was two hours late because she was double booked... I actually spoke to her about it. and she told me that roxy docked her pay signifigantly... and on the other hand they pay IIo 6 large to lip sing a fucking song.. i mean give me a break... personally i hate performances... only ones i actually have like was Aubrey @ SF last summer and Nicole McCloud at roxy this past year.... so im my book i could care less if they dont show...

the problem with tix that you dont wait in line... well if you all buy tix that say you dont have to wait in line..well dont you think that is gonna create a line in itself.... there are only soo many people you can get throught the door... either that or make friends with important people they will help ya out and walk ya in...

but like i said .... its all easier said than done... im not disagreeing with ya.. its just impossible to meet up to everyone's expectations...

Originally posted by hawaiiguestlis

About the dj's showing up... i know that with AVB at exit AVB was honest to everyone telling the people on his website that due to problems with his visa he wouldnt be able to make the venue... EXIT managment was the ones who dicked everyone over telling them that he would still be there....

Exactly. AVB is not the club owner.

second with the problem with the temp... its not easy to do climate control in a club, remember these are all abandoned warehouses that were built when, prolly the late 1800's or early 1900's.. not sure but they arent exactly designed for climate control... (smaller venue's of course thats another story.)

Excuse.

performers, well i havent seen that many who havent shown up, more or less they are just usually very late... I remember when Nicole McCloud was at roxy... she was two hours late because she was double booked... I actually spoke to her about it. and she told me that roxy docked her pay signifigantly... and on the other hand they pay IIo 6 large to lip sing a fucking song.. i mean give me a break... personally i hate performances... only ones i actually have like was Aubrey @ SF last summer and Nicole McCloud at roxy this past year.... so im my book i could care less if they dont show...

What about Shelter?

the problem with tix that you dont wait in line... well if you all buy tix that say you dont have to wait in line..well dont you think that is gonna create a line in itself.... there are only soo many people you can get throught the door... either that or make friends with important people they will help ya out and walk ya in...

Excuse.

Look... the problem isn't with logistics (how hard it is to have a no-line ticket, how hard it is to keep a club cool, etc.). It's with club owners promising one thing and consistently failing to live up to the promise.

We clubbers have a problem of fragmentation... there is no single club "scene", no single club "culture". What's well-known in one circle is completely unknown in another... even if all those people frequent the same venue.

If we really want to impact the clubs and encourage change, there needs to be, as msoprano said, a unified organization... it would have to be a small group of unified, very devoted clubbers, who make a concerted effort to educate everyone in clubland, not only the people who read the same message boards. This effort will have to come at the expense of fun. How many people do you know who will give up a Friday night to run around handing out flyers outside of clubs?

<<<where's cricket when you need him? chirp!>>>

like i said.. im not argueing that its a problem... just some things are easier said than done...

thats one of the reasons i miss the old skewl promoting... back when it actually meant something... it used to be that if you were on a guestlist you got special treatment... not you save five bucks or whatever and thats it... i remember when there used to be 10 15 guestlist at sf and guess what.. people who used them get special "VIP" treatment...

alot of the time its not that they are purposely trying to fuck people over.. alot of the time its miscommunication.... i remember a couple months ago at roxy they were selling no id tix for the club... and they were paying 40 a ticket... well the promoters had this authorized by one of the owners and when it came to that night... well another one of the owners changed their mind... so.. because the owners didnt talk they made the promoters look like assholes.... yes shit happens... sometimes you just gotta live with it.. we are all human and we all make mistakes.. and alot of the time $$$$ blinds people and will do whatever it takes for a quick buck rather than upholding their word

Okay... so you acknowledge it's a problem. But you're still making excuses.

Very few businesses screw over their customers with the same frequency as clubs. What makes it okay for clubs to get away with it?

Imagine you bought a car and you paid the salesman extra for leather seats. Then, then day the car is to be delivered, the dealership owner changes his mind and sends you a car with regular seats instead.

No, it's not the salesman's fault... but does that make it okay?

i understand what you saying...

and trust me i in no way shape or form am i trying to argue or even make excuses for the clubs... i get pissed as well.. you arent the only ones... even the promoters get dicked over alot... its all a pyramid... everyone and their mothers get fucked over when it comes to clubs... the further down the chain you are the worse it gets because you have less to say about it...

HEY MAN YOU WANT TO START AN UPRISING ?

BY ALL MEANS DO SO !

BUT MAKE SURE YOUR #1 ENEMY IS THE 1 AND ONLY DAVID M. OVER AT EXIT.. . .THAT MUTHA FUCKER RUINED THIS CITY AND THE CLUB BUISNESS IN IT. EVER SINCE THAT SHIT HOLE OPENED HE HAS BEEN LYING WITH HIS

"$50,000 MONEY DROP" (TRANSLATION- 100 SINGLES)

AND HIS "GUEST DJ'S" AND "PERFORMERS" (MOST NO SHOW AND THE BIG NAME DJ'S GET ALL KINDS OF $ TO SPIN FOR 2 HOURS)

AND HIS "RETURN OF TONY DRAPER" (I THOUGHT HE WAS BETTER OFF WHEN HE WENT AWAY)THEY SHOULD HAVE A "DRAPER IS FIRED PARTY"

NOW I WORKED IN THE SCENE FOR A WHILE AND EVERYTHING WAS COMING UP ROSES BEFORE EXIT CAME AROUND. .THE ONLY CLUB THAT IS HONEST 98.9% OF THE TIME IS ROXY. . THEY ONLY FUCK UP SOMETIMES BECAUSE OF A LACK OF COMUNICATION.

YOU PEOPLE SAY YOU WANT THESE BIG NAME DJ'S ON THE PHAZON, WELL YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO GET IN THE ROOM WHEN THE NYC DJ'S ARE THIER . .

SPEND $20 TO SUPPORT NERO AND INK OR JOHNY VISCOUSE OR SPEND $35 TO COMPLAIN ABOUT DRAPER AND THE SHIT THAT GOES ON AT EXIT

BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION I COULD BE WRONG :pint:

couldnt agree more!!!!

Originally posted by therealjr

HEY MAN YOU WANT TO START AN UPRISING ?

BY ALL MEANS DO SO !

BUT MAKE SURE YOUR #1 ENEMY IS THE 1 AND ONLY DAVID M. OVER AT EXIT.. . .THAT MUTHA FUCKER RUINED THIS CITY AND THE CLUB BUISNESS IN IT. EVER SINCE THAT SHIT HOLE OPENED HE HAS BEEN LYING WITH HIS

"$50,000 MONEY DROP" (TRANSLATION- 100 SINGLES)

AND HIS "GUEST DJ'S" AND "PERFORMERS" (MOST NO SHOW AND THE BIG NAME DJ'S GET ALL KINDS OF $ TO SPIN FOR 2 HOURS)

AND HIS "RETURN OF TONY DRAPER" (I THOUGHT HE WAS BETTER OFF WHEN HE WENT AWAY)THEY SHOULD HAVE A "DRAPER IS FIRED PARTY"

NOW I WORKED IN THE SCENE FOR A WHILE AND EVERYTHING WAS COMING UP ROSES BEFORE EXIT CAME AROUND. .THE ONLY CLUB THAT IS HONEST 98.9% OF THE TIME IS ROXY. . THEY ONLY FUCK UP SOMETIMES BECAUSE OF A LACK OF COMUNICATION.

YOU PEOPLE SAY YOU WANT THESE BIG NAME DJ'S ON THE PHAZON, WELL YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO GET IN THE ROOM WHEN THE NYC DJ'S ARE THIER . .

SPEND $20 TO SUPPORT NERO AND INK OR JOHNY VISCOUSE OR SPEND $35 TO COMPLAIN ABOUT DRAPER AND THE SHIT THAT GOES ON AT EXIT

BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION I COULD BE WRONG :pint:

This is totally true! Club's promote that certain performers, DJs, and special hosts to be there on a particular and time after time one thing always seems to go wrong. EXIT is notorious for getting all different performers to be there, that nevr show. I'm starting to wonder if the promoters at EXIT just pay the performers to put their names on flyers to amp people up to come down to EXIT.:mad:

I agree with therealjr on his point about ROXY being 98.9% of the time true to their promise. ROXY has a pretty unblemished record for not fucking people over.

And it migh not be such a bad idea to start sortof uprising against bad clubs like EXIT.:idea:

A/C is a problem that must be fixed in these clubs!

DJs should always be at the clubs that there are said to be at!

Karch said is what really fucken pisses me off. It's like when you go to the movies to see Men in Black, so you pay and everything to get in. But instead without telling anyone they show this Disney movie. I was also not to thrilled to see that dumb disney movie before it. They should've at least told us that they were gonna put that on first. I was sitting there for almost three minutes wondering "what the fuck is this?? Is this MIB 2??":confused:

Well that's my opinion.:)

~SaL C.~

:cool:

SaL C. >> Club Info <<

Originally posted by salc

Karch said is what really fucken pisses me off. It's like when you go to the movies to see Men in Black, so you pay and everything to get in. But instead without telling anyone they show this Disney movie.

Hmmm I bet if you were really high it wouldnt make a difference!!! lol... toke up before ya go to the movies!!! lol

exit never has nor ever will see my money.

shelter has, but never will again see my money.

there are PLENTY of cozier, more often times

than not FREE (or cheap - $5/10) venues with

EXCELLENT performers & talent, ALL OVER

new york city... there is absolutely no reason

to go to a club, have a truly bad experience,

and even so much as Consider ever supporting

it again in the future; support your local bar

or lounge instead. they NEED your money

to allow smaller, less-popular weeklies

with some really awesome local talent,

to continue doing what they're doing;

clubs do NOT need your money;

they can get it from anyone else

whom they haven't fucked over

and don't yet know any better.

*sigh* where's Carl when i need him.

I agree with everything you guys have said. End of Story. It's unfortunate that the NY nightlife business has been run in such a shady manner, predominantly by places such as Exit. That kind of poor management gives other clubs precedent to do the same, even if it's not to the same degree. It stains the entire experience of NYC nightlife.

I've said it before and i'll say it again: It's NYC nightlife politics that make the experience so horrible. The back-handed, money grubbing shit that fat-cats and greedy club-owners pull in order to be able to buy another jet black cadillac by the end of the month. I'm sick of it. running a club as a business is okay, because it is one. Yes they have to make money.

But when making money becomes more important than remaining an HONEST BUSINESS, i think it's time for people to protest.

A lot of NYC'ers DON"T protest because they simply don't know that they have an alternative. I'm sure plenty think that the only way they're going to hear loud booming music and have fun is by bending over, sticking 35 dollars in their asshole and praying they'll be let in. A good friend of mine once told me "don't hate, educate." Because us experienced guys tend to pick on the amaeturs just starting out in the scene and make fun of them for what they do. I'm sure we've all poked fun at people for liking Tony Draper's Hoover-Bassline music, or for saying how much they think Oakenfold and his anthem trance is the best music out there.

THEY JUST DON"T KNOW.

If we were to form some sort of clubber's union, it could turn out to be one of the best things to happen to NYC nightlife ever.

Nobody's educating anybody these days. It's all hatred.

Christ it's like watching a live version of Lord of the Flies. People out of control, no respect, no discipline. Getting pushed around in the clubs, bad attitudes, bad vibes, exhorbitant prices for everything, sketchy business practices, etc etc....

Hell i just want to see people united. Even if we don't like each other's music, we should all still be able to co-exist with one another. Lots of other cities and cultures have been able to do that. Why not NY?

It all comes down to the clubs. there are very few (well-known) parties in the city. It's all clubs. And when clubs treat their patrons like dirt, the patrons get angry.

When patrons are angry, and still go out, they take that anger with them. After a while, nobody's happy to be out anymore.

They're just in the mindset of "i'll put up with the bullshit, get inside and get lost in the music... anything to dilute the shit experience i'd get if i was off the dancefloor."

We go out to these places to dance and escape the daily grind.

We shouldn't have to escape the club WHILE we're in it.

Originally posted by thehacker

exit never has nor ever will see my money.

shelter has, but never will again see my money.

there are PLENTY of cozier, more often times

than not FREE (or cheap - $5/10) venues with

EXCELLENT performers & talent, ALL OVER

new york city... there is absolutely no reason

to go to a club, have a truly bad experience,

and even so much as Consider ever supporting

it again in the future; support your local bar

or lounge instead. they NEED your money

to allow smaller, less-popular weeklies

with some really awesome local talent,

to continue doing what they're doing;

clubs do NOT need your money;

they can get it from anyone else

whom they haven't fucked over

and don't yet know any better.

See you all @ HOMEGROWN where this week, as per usual, EVERYONE GETS LAID!!! (no cover). ;)

seriously...when the club knows that the dj ain't making it (which is pretty much always) there is no excuse for not posting it AND reducing the admission.

baktun does that all the time...sorry, DJ Dan couldn't make it so its only $3 to get in tonight :)

and don't BS about they still have to cover their costs. if the big DJ is a no show, they don't have to pay him.

geez the responses in this thread were just to long and boring for me to read LOL..:laugh: I can't believe some of you actually take this much time to type answers about this stuff when it is just fun not life!:tongue: I do agree with what msoprano is sayiing though:D

Originally posted by girly

geez the responses in this thread were just to long and boring for me to read LOL..:laugh: I can't believe some of you actually take this much time to type answers about this stuff when it is just fun not life!:tongue: I do agree with what msoprano is sayiing though:D

:rolleyes:

When fun becomes dangerous, or the "entertainers" start stealing from us, then it's time to start talking about it!

Originally posted by hoke

:rolleyes:

When fun becomes dangerous, or the "entertainers" start stealing from us, then it's time to start talking about it!

yeah that part i understand but again these long ass responses..that was my point. I don't know i like to type a couple liners. Its not that important to me to type 5 paragraphs concerning this BS. I'll do that in school about something that actually means something.:)

Originally posted by girly

yeah that part i understand but again these long ass responses..that was my point. I don't know i like to type a couple liners. Its not that important to me to type 5 paragraphs concerning this BS. I'll do that in school about something that actually means something.:)

lol... yeah, I graduated... gotta talk out my ass somewhere, I guess! ;):D