Clubplanet Nightlife Community

djais "djs"

im not one to ever knock another dj but WTF is up with the trainwrecking dj Kibbles at djais tonight. he is absolutely fucking horrible. i heard him 2-3 yrs ago at bunka on sat night and he trainwrecked then too. so obvioulsy its not just a bad night. good thing you know the owners of the place to be able to spin out, wreck after wreck. as for kirk lopez his mixin was fine except that he just mixes each song for 10 secs. each but what u expect from the cheesey jersey shore crowd...... CLUELESS...sorry to vent but it was just horrendous

Originally posted by wakeup

as for kirk lopez his mixin was fine except that he just mixes each song for 10 secs. each but what u expect from the cheesey jersey shore crowd...... CLUELESS...sorry to vent but it was just horrendous

I was in the booth with Kirk before and he was definitely not mixing for 10 secs...in fact, he barely spent anytime cueing tracks up and he was on point with every transition....

i dont really see the need to be mixing tracks for a minute, 2 minutes when a minute will do...the crowd doesnt notice the little things us DJs do...the other night i was spinnin in my room for some friends, and i slipped beats pretty bad.....afterward i made a comment and everyone was like "I didnt even hear it:confused: "

its all about gettin the job done...you dont last as long in the industry as Kirk has if you dont know what youre doing....and this isnt an ass kissing post, i'm just saying what i believe:tongue:

BG

hey mr. old school legend....i think you seriously do need to get your facts straight because kirk can hold a mix longer than many other djs out there....as for kibbles...or whatever his name is i agree....however as for kirk, there are not many djs that can mix like him....trust me, even mr. riddler who gets his big time ktu exposure can't hold a mix for more than a 4 count....as for louie devito...ask bad boy bill how his mixing is coming along......stick with sending your thoughts to those guys before you try knocking the ones who are the teachers

Originally posted by joegio

hey mr. old school legend....i think you seriously do need to get your facts straight because kirk can hold a mix longer than many other djs out there....as for kibbles...or whatever his name is i agree....however as for kirk, there are not many djs that can mix like him....trust me, even mr. riddler who gets his big time ktu exposure can't hold a mix for more than a 4 count....as for louie devito...ask bad boy bill how his mixing is coming along......stick with sending your thoughts to those guys before you try knocking the ones who are the teachers

:laugh: :laugh: you use Riddler as an example of a dj. i never knocked lopez. just stated that he catered to a cheesefest for 90% of is track selection, mixing tracks quick as possible. if u read my post i said his mixing was fine. use some real djs name who can tear tracks up and hold mixes down for a long time such as bad boy bill u mentioned. u stating that not many can mix like lopez, well you should get out more often to hear some real djs

THANK YOU FOR THE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM MR. WAKEUP..

AS FAR AS ME DOING 10 SECOND MIXES I'M AFRAID YOUR BADLY MISTAKEN..REALLY YOUR JOKING RIGHT?...AT A MINIMUM I MIX A 64 COUNT (64 BEATS)..AND THAT'S A MINIMUM.....SO I'LL TAKE THAT AS A COMPLEMENT THAT YOU COULDN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE......THANK YOU! YOU KNOW WHAT D'JAIS IS ABOUT SO SOMEONE MUSICALLY ADVANCED LIKE YOURSELF SHOULDN'T GO BEING SUCH A CRITIC.......JERSEY CHEESE PACKS THE PLACE EVERY FRIDAY AND D'JAIS IS A BUSINESS WHICH MAKES A TON OF MONEY AND WE PLAY A WIDE VARIETY OF MUSIC........AS FAR AS CRITICIZING THE RIDDLER???? RICH IS A GREAT SYNDICATED DJ...

HIS BUSINESS IS PLAYING COMMERCIAL DANCE MUSIC FOR RADIO STATIONS......HE'S VERY GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES AS FAR AS RADIO..............I HAVEN'T REALLY HEARD HIM PLAY TOO LONG LIVE IN A CLUB...JUST A FEW MINUTES

WAKEUP, LET'S GET INTO THE REAL ISSUE......YOU NEED TOO RELAX, ENJOY THE ATMOSPHERE FOR WHAT IT IS, HAVE A FEW SHOTS........DON'T TAKE MUSIC SO SERIOUS BECAUSE NOBODY CARES......IF KIP TRAINWRECKS NOBODY CARES AND PEOPLE..... KEEP COMING AND DRINKING......IF YOU EVER GO TO D'JAIS AGAIN ( I'M SURE YOU WON'T), COME TO THE BOOTH AND HAVE A DRINK WITH KIP AND MYSELF....WE'LL GET DRUNK TO HELP YOU EASE THE PAIN..... WHATEVER!

Originally posted by kirklop

THANK YOU FOR THE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM MR. WAKEUP..

AS FAR AS ME DOING 10 SECOND MIXES I'M AFRAID YOUR BADLY MISTAKEN..REALLY YOUR JOKING RIGHT?...AT A MINIMUM I MIX A 64 COUNT (64 BEATS)..AND THAT'S A MINIMUM.....SO I'LL TAKE THAT AS A COMPLEMENT THAT YOU COULDN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE......THANK YOU! YOU KNOW WHAT D'JAIS IS ABOUT SO SOMEONE MUSICALLY ADVANCED LIKE YOURSELF SHOULDN'T GO BEING SUCH A CRITIC.......JERSEY CHEESE PACKS THE PLACE EVERY FRIDAY AND D'JAIS IS A BUSINESS WHICH MAKES A TON OF MONEY AND WE PLAY A WIDE VARIETY OF MUSIC........AS FAR AS CRITICIZING THE RIDDLER???? RICH IS A GREAT SYNDICATED DJ...

HIS BUSINESS IS PLAYING COMMERCIAL DANCE MUSIC FOR RADIO STATIONS......HE'S VERY GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES AS FAR AS RADIO..............I HAVEN'T REALLY HEARD HIM PLAY TOO LONG LIVE IN A CLUB...JUST A FEW MINUTES

WAKEUP, LET'S GET INTO THE REAL ISSUE......YOU NEED TOO RELAX, ENJOY THE ATMOSPHERE FOR WHAT IT IS, HAVE A FEW SHOTS........DON'T TAKE MUSIC SO SERIOUS BECAUSE NOBODY CARES......IF KIP TRAINWRECKS NOBODY CARES AND PEOPLE..... KEEP COMING AND DRINKING......IF YOU EVER GO TO D'JAIS AGAIN ( I'M SURE YOU WON'T), COME TO THE BOOTH AND HAVE A DRINK WITH KIP AND MYSELF....WE'LL GET DRUNK TO HELP YOU EASE THE PAIN..... WHATEVER!

i totally agree with you about djais as all shore clubs are all about cheese cause the majority of the people who frequent them don't go for the music. they just go to drink, hang with friends. there was no constructive criticism towards you, my complaint was with the other dj who kept trainwrecking. i jsut think its a disgrace to have someone spinning at a place when peak time is beginning (he was on at like 11/12) esp with a closing time of 2am. as for never goin to djais again i highly doubt i will, unless to meet up with some old friends as i did last night. as for nobody caring about the music your very wrong since numerous people (not musically advanced like myself as u said lol) were like wtf is this guy doing regarding kibbles. just one thing stop dropping whitney and debra cox tracks left and right, you could of made a medley with all the ones i heard. as for the riddler im not the one who made the comment about him holding a mix down. just thought it was hilarious to throw a name like him out. just proves with what both of us said of the type of crowd that goes there.

all the critics should walk a mile or spend a night in the dj's shoes. We are the educated ones and try to educate the crowds, however, we field & honor requests from the crowd and very rarely to they ask for something new and unheard of. They usuallly ask for their favorite records, which are beat or played out. This is what keeps the crowds happy and coming back, familiarity works. It also keeps the cash registers ringing and the owners happy. Maybe we should have a new music session once a week,say on a wednesday night, In NJ, at a lounge where all of the so called educated crowd would come and listen, bring their notebooks and jot down tracklistings as we announce them. Hopefully people would turn out. I choose wednesday, because the new stuff comes out on tuesdays, I'm sure jocks would gladly come and play their 4-5 hottest new tracks, believe me, there is enough new music weekly to do 3-4 hours of new music, however, due to economics of the NJ club scene, only a few songs each week, make the mix. Anyone interested in doing a night like this, PM me. We did it a long time ago in NYC with my record pool and 2 other pools, it was a great way to review and expose new music. Only those with open mind are allowed in the door. I have to tell you the crowd was mostly djs and light on girls, Its the nature of the thing, the ladies in particular, love vocals and don't really seek out new music, and they get stuck on a record forever once they like it, and lets face it, a club playing all new music every week, full of guys vs. a club playing cheesy vocals, full of girls; well you know which one wins. But I'd be willing to give it a try, maybe the guys could drag the girls for a couple of weeks and make it work. Just my 2 cents.

I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING MARSHALL AND KIRK ARE SAYING..

THE JERSEY SHORE CROWD bottom line wants to have FUN....ITs all about HAVING FUN....if a DJ fuks up so what....Im sure Kirk and another DJ that i Know on here will attest that they have fuked up or a cd skipped or whatever..

But all that matters is that you are there with your friends and you are having a good time..

And if you dont want to go see kirk and Kip @ djais for that shot see me and Kirk @ Surf....

Great job this weekend Kirk. Good look on playing that track "Punk". Thanks for the shots...although straight Absolut? I almost :puke:

all over the booth...j/k

As for wakeup....when people stop coming to Djais, then people will take your advice. For now, its packed from 3pm-2am every Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I dont think they're looking for advice from some "man with a plan" and especially not from some "dude with a 'tude" and I mean absolutely not from some "dork with a snork" and I'm talking seriously not from some "bro whose a schmo" and definitely not from some "fag whose a nag". I mean...do you hear me here? DOOOOOOOOD?!!!!

Originally posted by carusomaas11

Great job this weekend Kirk. Good look on playing that track "Punk". Thanks for the shots...although straight Absolut? I almost :puke:

all over the booth...j/k

As for wakeup....when people stop coming to Djais, then people will take your advice. For now, its packed from 3pm-2am every Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I dont think they're looking for advice from some "man with a plan" and especially not from some "dude with a 'tude" and I mean absolutely not from some "dork with a snork" and I'm talking seriously not from some "bro whose a schmo" and definitely not from some "fag whose a nag". I mean...do you hear me here? DOOOOOOOOD?!!!!

LMAO!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

all over the booth...j/k

caruso, you are "gay" all "day" in every "way" and you "lay" in the "hay" with your lover "Tre" from "L.A."

but i love your sig:laugh: :tongue::laugh:

BG

Originally posted by ibclubbin

caruso, you are "gay" all "day" in every "way" and you "lay" in the "hay" with your lover "Tre" from "L.A."

but i love your sig:laugh: :tongue::laugh:

BG

listen barry....youre such a fairy, and youre hairy, with your lover named Gary....so ibclubbin, stop your snubbin, start scarlet pubbin, with your boy jay who spins accepella, decent fella, but let me tella you something......youre still a homo ;)

kirk, dont eveen pay attention to to this crap. what people think is 20 seconds in a club, is really a minute or more. for example, people think club tracks are only 3-4 minutes long. especially vocals. they buy there cheesy little year old d. cox or turn to you track thats only a radio edit of 3 and a half minutes. then they think thats the one we get. in reality, turn to you was 9 or ten minutes. actually, hex's vocals are usually between 8 and a half minutes to 11 and a half. so dont listen. i heard you at surf on sunday, good job. too bad mac came on, you were doing well. kirk, people dont realize how difficult the dj industry is. for someone like you, who is playing some of the best venues down the shore, your doing something VERY right. you spin like 5 days a week. that means your doing it right! keep it up, later

listen barry....youre such a fairy, and youre hairy, with your lover named Gary....so ibclubbin, stop your snubbin, start scarlet pubbin, with your boy jay who spins accepella, decent fella, but let me tella you something......youre still a homo ;)

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I got no come back, cause im so wack, but you better hit the road jack, before you catch a pimp smack, or a thumbtack in your ass crack, and youre all blue and black, with no ID on your track;)

BG

Originally posted by StArBrYte

well I must say I sure am glad this thread got turned around into something funny!!!! good job guys :D carusomaas it was nice seeing you and mane for a little bit at happy hour!!! :)

Nice seeing you too starbryte! I heard a bunch of CP people went to Tempts together on Saturday...next time I will have to go with you guys :)