Clubplanet Nightlife Community

One Nation ... RABIT IN THE MOON...

So did any of you go see the show?

what did you think?

Was it your first Rabbit show?

did it effect you in anyway?

and where were you physically during the show ? balcony? front and center?

any reviews?

Originally posted by strype

So did any of you go see the show?

what did you think?

Was it your first Rabbit show?

did it effect you in anyway?

and where were you physically during the show ? balcony? front and center?

any reviews?

i was on the dance floor in the back where they posted who is spinning. omg i did not enjoy them at all. it was my first time and i thought there music was bad. not my taste at all and the crazy characters they kept parading on the stage was freaking me out. i know i was all banged up on pills but that just was crazy. i thought chris lawrence did a bangin job, much better than rabbit; imo:hat:

Originally posted by zerokewl

i was on the dance floor in the back where they posted who is spinning. omg i did not enjoy them at all. it was my first time and i thought there music was bad. not my taste at all and the crazy characters they kept parading on the stage was freaking me out. i know i was all banged up on pills but that just was crazy. i thought chris lawrence did a bangin job, much better than rabbit; imo:hat:

Zero.... just wondering.... how do you actually compare CL , a DJ, to R.I.T.M. a LIVE performance/visual arts band... it's a show... not a dj

what specifically was not your taste in the style of music ... what was "Bad" about it?...... your comments were a lil vague for me to understand your experience....

lol...to banged up on pills huh?.... hmmm... well that's a whole other subject .... but maybe in that state you really weren't ready for a multi-sensory performance ...

did you like the visuals on the flat screens...or on the projection screens...... how about the straight jacket intro to their track Time Bomb.....

... as far as the music they performed from jungle to trance to funky house to progressive breaks.....

oh well zero... hope you have a better expeience next time

ANYBODY HERE SOBER ENOUGH TO REMEBER THE SHOW?????

Strype,

This was the first time i saw rabbit in the moon. I have to say that the group is definitely very interesting to watch. Even though I was flipping, I thought his show was interesting. Costumes to pyrotechnics the man put on a show. It was def. different from other performances. I enjoyed the opening the most, where the flat screen televisions came down with the bugging eyes and mouth. I would go to R.I.T.M. again, but I enjoyed Mistress Barbara the most that night along with Christoper Laurence.

Brian

*strype- def. pm if you go to any more parties, you seem to like the same type of music i like....

Originally posted by strype

Zero.... just wondering.... how do you actually compare CL , a DJ, to R.I.T.M. a LIVE performance/visual arts band... it's a show... not a dj

what specifically was not your taste in the style of music ... what was "Bad" about it?...... your comments were a lil vague for me to understand your experience....

lol...to banged up on pills huh?.... hmmm... well that's a whole other subject .... but maybe in that state you really weren't ready for a multi-sensory performance ...

did you like the visuals on the flat screens...or on the projection screens...... how about the straight jacket intro to their track Time Bomb.....

... as far as the music they performed from jungle to trance to funky house to progressive breaks.....

oh well zero... hope you have a better expeience next time

i like jungle and trance (my favs) but i did not like there choices of that. i am not a huge fan of funky house but i didnt mind it too much. the show like i said freaked me out. i was really banged up and did not want to see what i did. i did like the visuals on the flat screen but to be very honest most of the time i was sittin on the stairs in the back right behind the vendors and really didnt watch what was going on. i just listen and caught a few glimpses of what was going on (the pills were kickin in nice at this point) next time i will try to watch them not so fucked up so i can get a better look at them and give u a better opinion...ok

as far as CL i am in no way comparing the 2 i was just saying from the music side i really enjoyed hearing him over everyone else there

I am so fuckin pissed that I missed this party, just because of RITM. Since I moved back from Florida, I only get to see them every 2 years or so. Can I get a review from someone?? What tracks did they perform? Were all three of them there? Did Bunny lay down any new performances??? They are incredible, I dont care what anyone says.

i never even see ritm....im sad i missed the party cause i ha ven't been to a really good party in a long time. and cause i wanted to seee them. oh wellthere will be next time. and cause i love mistress barbra...i can't wiat to see her again.

=)

i've been hanging out at clubs with house/techno lately, really shying away from the so-called raves because i was sick and tired of watching drugged out kiddies cracked out in the middle of the dance floor, or being dragged off by EMTs... but it was RITM and my friend steph and i have it figured that its like crossing the great wall of china - one thing to check off on our life's to-do list.

got there in the middle of spacegirl's set... you know for a DAT tape she wasn't all that bad. apparently she figured out how to get transitions between songs in there now too. a lot of energy there, which made me wish i hadn't left the trance scene for so long :P

christopher lawrence was also good - mixing up different styles of trance, though a few anthems i've heard one too many times. ah well, my date apparently didn't because she liked him the best.

the cold air by the bar near the house/trance/breaks room was godsend. same for the popcorn - whoever's bright idea it was to sell that stuff was a genius - by 4am it was like manna from heaven. speaking of the upstairs room - i truly dug it. i couldn't for the life of me remember who i saw up there, though i tried really hard to remember whose name was on the card. reminded me of the funky house i've been searching in vain at centro-fly for, ever since i got back from ibiza last year. chill and funky, but also energetic. that soul bullshit is for the birds.

ok so i must say that bunny is fucking insane. he is out of control. after the christmas tree outfit and the pyrotechnics started going i said that if he set himself on fire i wouldn't be surprise, after the samuri killing the chinese dragon i was waiting and waiting for him to set himself on fire. after five or so more cosumes we needed a change so went up to the house room for 5 miuntes... when we came back KRS-1 was on... i asked my friend if bunny really set himself on fire - and she said "well i'm sure he used a protective suit". damn.

i thought the performance was cool - the music was a little bit of a downer in energy compared to lawrence/spacegirl, but i was really psyched to experience the whole vidscreen/live-action interaction - it was really wild.

i felt that KRS-1 was a cool little interlude with hip-hop but lasted FAR too long. quite frankly i thought that his "all the black people who listen to hot 97 go to the front and all the white people who listen to hot 97 go to the back" was major bullshit. aside from the fact that it goes against the PLUR ethos which has long since left the rave scene, if the situation were reversed and a christopher lawrence said "all you black kids who listen to trance have to go to the back" that would be pretty fucked up. know your audience motherfucker, and don't try and pull the race card in an all-inclusive event. who the hell do you think you are, KRS-1, you should be ashamed of yourself. he probably hit himself in the head while waving that stick around on stage.

KRS-1's set basically killed the party because as it dragged on half the place poured out, and as many people as possible were crammed into the basement and the little house room. i must admit that the last song in the set was quite good, but it was too little too late. the hip-hoppers deserve a chance to party on the main floor, but at least keep it dance-able and cool... there were a lot of "boos" coming from the balcony.

misstress barbara, obviously, was quite amazing. sound system was turned up a little too high for my tastes - so i had problems hearing for a few days, but what the hell, it reminded me of walking out of limelight the first few times i went clubbin :P

other comments: popcorn was VERY cool. water was only $3 and that was nice. i saw no problems with security, and thankfully i was not witness to any overdoses or mofus that pass out in the middle of the dancefloor. a lot of chillout space on the balconies and the high ceilings on the main floor made this a good space. i would have liked to have seen a better lighting setup in the house room, though the vid-screens with star wars were cool. besides, i'm used to that from SOE, especially after boo5's "local talent" room was basically floodlit.

it was also a bit strange to be completely apart from my old rave buddies - they still equate party with drugs and while i don't mind people doing what they want to do, they spent the entire party catering to their roll - one spent weeks yapping about how all he wanted to do was to see misstress barbara and by the time her set was happening he was comatose in a corner.

on the whole, i think this was the first "rave" i've been to in a long time that i've actually had fun at. i was really worried because it was my date's first party - i figured i was going to have to explain the od's, the asshole security and the high price of water... instead she got to see the more positive side of "the scene"... music and performance art are cool as anything, but as cheesy as it sounds everyone is a participant in the party. kudos to stuck on earth for throwing another successful event.

peaz,

rob

ok so me and my friend mouse travelled from chicago to see RITM and meet up with a few peeps from the hallucination message board :). I was wondering if anyone has 2 extra flyers that they can send me. I was the one who got grinded during rabbit set. anyone who can help me out e-mail me dj_alura@yahoo.com

pics are posted on www.hallucination.com

look for the one nation pics

WERD UP SKUNK BEBE!!!

... Personally I thought Rabbit rocked it as usual... a flawless set by Confucius... Bunny was on point as always...

As Snuggs said.. met a lot of NYK'rs... I enjoyed myself greatly... never a dull moment when up in NY!

:hat:

oh wait.. let me answer the ?'s... whoopsie..

Strype: So did any of you go see the show?

Mouse: Why yes, yes I did...

Strype: what did you think?

Mouse: I thought it was a well done party.. um.. I won't call it a rave for there ARE NO RAVES IN NEW YOAK CITY! Rabbit rocked it!! I was left w/ Permasmile... :D

Strype: Was it your first Rabbit show?

Mouse: Well, no it wasn't.. caught rabbit where they were in town last year @ Live on The Decks 4..

Strype: did it effect you in anyway?

Mouse: Boy.. you know better than to ask me that!

Strype: ...and where were you physically during the show ? balcony? front and center?

Mouse: ..uh.. a few feet away from you.. FRONT N CENTER! ;)

Strype: any reviews?

Mouse: uh.. isn't that what I just did? biatch!

:hat:

i was there, and i thought the show was really fuckin good, totally worth the money.

rabbits set was really good i thought, i spent most of the time on the main floor, and some time in the balcony...

the early dj's in the downstairs room were really fuckin tight to