Clubplanet Nightlife Community

~~ just came back south beach..all i gotta say is...

Originally posted by axel-a-promos

its a whole different world there..partied hard every night. it was really hot but raining in the afternoons.

by the way, when i went to crobar, i found out that they are opening a "crobar" in nyc in 8 months.:D

yeah there has been talks about this for a while. they already got (one of ) the licenses a couple months ago.. but i heard it was going to be up and running anywhere as early as september to as late as november? 8 months! that puts us in 2003?! :(

and yes... for all that dont know.. its address is right across from the old Twilo

Having lived there for 4 years I can say that South Beach is ALWAYS a good time. :D :D :D

As far Crobar the Village Voice had a short article about two months ago. This place will be MASSIVE.

Let's Get This Party Started Right

In order to open up a nightclub in New York City, you'd better be an angel or a saint. At least, that's the impression I got watching the two-hour song and dance given by Crobar representatives to Community Board 4 last Wednesday night. Club owners Callin Fortis and Ken Barilich did everything to prove that they are model citizens, not like those other club owners (Sleazy, Shady, and Skanky). Fortis and Barilich brought in an army of people to testify before the board—including former Miami Beach mayor Neisen Kasdin, ex-special narcotics prosecutor for New York City Robert Silbering, and, believe it or not, a Tibetan monk, the Venerable Nicholas Vreeland, a liaison for the Tibet Center on 32nd Street, who gamely offered, "I guess I'm here to represent the spiritual side of Crobar." The only people not present to vouch for Cal and Ken: their mothers.

It worked. The board approved 38-8 to open a club on 530 West 28th Street, across the way from the ill-fated Twilo and Tunnel. The space—at 40,000 square feet—is gargantuan, and has been eyed over the years by many club owners, including Peter Gatien, whose name was invoked repeatedly at the meeting, since a Page Six item had linked him to the Crobar peeps. Of course, Fortis and Barilich did everything to distance themselves from the fallen club king. At one point, a community board member read parts from a letter written by Space owner Luis Puig—a competitor of Crobar in South Beach—implying Crobar was in cahoots with Gatien. Apparently, Puig had also set his sights on the West 28th Street spot, but after turning down an offer from Gatien, claimed that Gatien told him he'd "never have that building." Puig suggested Crobar and Gatien had set up a similar partnership deal.

Fortis denied an association, stating that the charges were "put out there intentionally to hurt us," and told the board, "Luis Puig and Peter Gatien would have made terrific partners." Ouch.

If Fortis and Barilich are in a deal with Gatien, they are doing a fine job of pissing on his already tarnished image. Next step for the dapper, tall-and-tanned Adonis Crobar boys—a week's vaca, and hopefully approval from state and city agencies for a real superclub.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by axel-a-promos

its a whole different world there..partied hard every night. it was really hot but raining in the afternoons.

by the way, when i went to crobar, i found out that they are opening a "crobar" in nyc in 8 months.:D

where did you go...... i was at level and crobar on wed..... crobar sucked that night, level was rocking...... fell asleep at howells and never made it to deepdish at space.....:(

South Beach is the bomb, look for it to be one of the hottest destinations this winter, Crobar in NYC, now that would be something, a club that has the money and mentality to bring in name djs from all over the globe on a weekly basis, that will be nice.

Originally posted by neena16

hey eddie and nycchic..

you two are so knowledgable...

How was your 4th of July??

What 4th of July, lol? It sucked, same old story for a few more weeks. :( I was strongly tempted to come out with you guys Saturday but responsibilities got in the way. Come August 1st. . . . :beer::bounce::sperm:

Originally posted by bellaitalia

I have never been to south beach, I heard the music and vibe there is unexplainable. I am thinking aobut going during the next music conference in March...

Eh, the music is okay if even that. I guess it depends what you are into. Space and Crobar and the other clubs will have guest international DJs here and there. It is a great vibe there though. Everyone is there to have fun. Always a beautiful crowd. And it's a far more relaxed atmosphere than in the city IMO.

WMC is an experience but if you really want to experience south beach, consider an different week, there is always something going on there. WMC is way too overcrowded and you may spend more time on lines, in crowds, waiting for tables etc, but if your into that kind of thing, go for it. Personallly I've attended WMC since 1991 and skipped it for the first time last year, the prior year I was living in SoBe and barely attended it, I went out maybe twice that whole week, its just a little much, and it really gives the wrong impression, SoBe isn't like that all the time, even though I find it a great place to be most of the year except the summer months during the rainy season.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by bellaitalia

I have never been to south beach, I heard the music and vibe there is unexplainable. I am thinking aobut going during the next music conference in March...

sobe is weird, outside on the street you feel like a nobody, that is poor, you see famous people and rich people pulling up with their Bentleys. At B.E.D. about a month ago, there was like 4 bentleys and 4 ferraries and a couple Aston martins, all waiting to get valeted. But once inside everyone is the same and you are treated well. Its more laid back and def more fun in my opinion then nyc, then hit space late night for that 'nyc" feel type club..music is different down here, but it seems we get more guests down here, so i got few compliants... Level is amazing set up... sickest club i've ever seen. Crobar is beautiful and their staff is top notch.. Space is a dump and I love it!!! come in like feb or nov, its wild and 85 degrees out...:D PS stay in lauderdale and rent a car, during the day lauderdale is much more fun and at night also there is more to do on non weekend nights...

hey eddie how are those cage dancers at the beach club...:D