Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pre-Homegrown: Dinner Meetup!

how 'bout Two Boots? for those that havent heard of i before, the place sells all kinds o f pizza

theres one at 37 ave A (between 2nd and 3rd streets)

here are some others:

Mosto ($15-$30 for dinner)

East Village

87 Second Ave. (5th St.) New York, NY, 10003-8334 (212) 228-9912

Look out for this new East Village Northern Italian, a crosstown sibling of Malatesta, which already is raising local eyebrows with well-executed, modestly priced Northern Italian fare from a bustling open kitchen; its simple brick room and helpful (if hard-to-understand) imported staff cement the old-country feel.

Mama's Food Shop $13

East Village

200 E. Third St. (bet. Aves. A & B) New York, NY, 10009-7716 (212) 777-4425

"Dirt-cheap home cookin'" draws "locals" to this Alphabet City "dive", where diners "feel like they're sitting on a porch in the South" as they chow down on "huge portions" of "wholesome" "comfort food" ("try the mac 'n' cheese") in a "self-service", "cafeteria-style" milieu; ardent fans implore mama "adopt me!"

well...im not going or nothing...but i couldn't help but suggest...

REPUBLIC

Flatiron District/Union Square

37 Union Sq. W. (bet. 16th & 17th Sts.) New York, NY, 10003 (212) 627-7172

SUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRR GOOD FUCKIN NOODLE-ISH FOODS!!

I can not highly recommend enough their bbq pork noodle dish....it doesn't have bbq sauce it is just marinated or made bbq style fuckin....the portions come in these HUGE bowls and seriously dinner is like no more then tops...$9 a person plus say $5 for a Heineken...

But seriously...you guys can confer with thehacker and lavendermenace that REPULIBC is the fuckin shit for nice dining with some people without going overboard in the wallet.

enjoy.

Anyone feeling mama's comfort food?

I dont know about you ...but bbq noodels doesnt sound very good....and it probably looks like that green tea icecream crap.

heh.....as long as the place has food im not very picky.

Im just in the mood for something simple...

beef and beer.

works for me.

:flame:

Originally posted by gothzane

Anyone feeling mama's comfort food?

I dont know about you ...but bbq noodels doesnt sound very good....and it probably looks like that green tea icecream crap.

heh.....as long as the place has food im not very picky.

Im just in the mood for something simple...

beef and beer.

works for me.

Well... I'd like it if we kept doing this every week, so I don't see any reason not to get comfort food today and Republic next week.

Does that sound okay to people?

Originally posted by mugwump

no way...

Hands down THEE East Villiage

cheap food, good eat, Chill ambiance:

YAFFA CAFE.

8th and Ave A.

(Next to Stingy LuLu's)

Open doors Patio

or indoor funk fest..

MUGWUMP'S ALL TIME

FAVORITE DINNING SPOT

IN NY!

what kind of food do they serve

aww no fair...I want to be skinned alive too! :(

Okay okay...I ...err...like...that green fungus no-way-in-hell-is-real-icecream-crap...yeah...ACk! NOooo! keep that doll away from my ass!

Originally posted by xpander

The next person who knocks Green Tea Ice Cream gets skinned alive (except for Gothzane, he'll get a nice pink doll attached to his ass).

I think mugz has an idea....can we get a vote or something?

i wish i could meet up for a dinner but i gotta work so ill see everyone@homegrown but you should try the sidwalk cafe on ave.a and 9th (i think)reasonably priced $4-$12 check out the spicey chicken appeptizers enough to share for 2 ppl. and the frozen pink margeritas there the best

Originally posted by reenichole

i wish i could meet up for a dinner but i gotta work so ill see everyone@homegrown but you should try the sidwalk cafe on ave.a and 9th (i think)reasonably priced $4-$12 check out the spicey chicken appeptizers enough to share for 2 ppl. and the frozen pink margeritas there the best

I've eaten there before... the food was good, but the service was slooooooooow.

Okay... comfort food or Yaffa? We still don't know what kind of food Yaffa serves, so my vote goes to comfort food for now.

Originally posted by hoke

I've eaten there before... the food was good, but the service was slooooooooow.

Okay... comfort food or Yaffa? We still don't know what kind of food Yaffa serves, so my vote goes to comfort food for now.

lol... their service is terrible!

Not that I am going to be able to make dinner, but another possibility is Dojo on St. Mark's... super-cheap, fast service, sexy waitstaff, lol.

I foresee this not happening all togeather for the fact that no one can make up their f'ing mind....Im excluded from this comment for the simple fact that I dont have a mind....I function purely on chaotic impulse.

Whoo hoo....Mama's it is....

my mother never feeds me...so this should be a treat.

See you all there.