Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MIDTOWN vs. DOWNTOWN

Originally posted by tastyt

Why does your girl wish she worked in midtown? Hoke has a good reason, but that's the *only* reason I can think of for wanting to work in an overcongested, tourist-ridden, overpriced part of town.

EXACTLY!!! I hate this area w/ a passion, I'm 2 blocks away from Macy's and the Empire State!! uughhhhhh I miss downtown.

haha i work in the west village (although very odd for a fashion retailer) but i love it. you dont have the annoying tourists.. and the stuffy wall street peeps. its great people and cheap lunches! :tongue:

but i guess it goes back to the old saying.. the grass is always greener on the other side ....

Why does your girl wish she worked in midtown? Hoke has a good reason, but that's the *only* reason I can think of for wanting to work in an overcongested, tourist-ridden, overpriced part of town.

Well, I live in DUMBO, and downtown would be close, and she lives in ASS-toria, so midtown would be close to her.....but the other reasons are:

She likes midtown because it is more "lively" and has "more interesting people"

And I like downtown because it seems to be more serious and the money seems to be better.

Please remember .....these are just our humble opinions........

Originally posted by howardstone

I WORK DOWNTOWN, IT BLOWS . . . MIDTOWN IS WHERE IT'S AT.

Stone.:peeleft:

But- why? :confused:

BTW, I work in the Flatirion district and I really like it here- but I wouldn't mind working further downtown.

Originally posted by fwilso01

Well, I live in DUMBO, and downtown would be close, and she lives in ASS-toria, so midtown would be close to her.....but the other reasons are:

She likes midtown because it is more "lively" and has "more interesting people"

And I like downtown because it seems to be more serious and the money seems to be better.

Oh- you mean, like Wall Street downtown. I was thinking, the Village downtown.

Oh Lord...I can't believe there is a question about this. Midtown sucks ass. It's near Penn Station where all the Long Islanders pack like herds around rush hour...tourists wandering the streets clueless (as if this is a nice area to see) and trashy people walk the streets. I hate midtown!

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

Oh Lord...I can't believe there is a question about this. Midtown sucks ass. It's near Penn Station where all the Long Islanders pack like herds around rush hour...tourists wandering the streets clueless (as if this is a nice area to see) and trashy people walk the streets. I hate midtown!

I work half a block from the World Trade Center. I don't want to hear ANY bitching about tourists, got it?

Work on wall st.

Id like to work in the village.

too many monkey suit bastards sucking on cigar cocks while yelling into their cell phone as they fix their $5,000 guido watch.

Id rather work with punk rockers, freaks, geeks, queers, and lesbos then damn lawyers.

:flame:

But- why? :confused:

BTW, I work in the Flatirion district and I really like it here- but I wouldn't mind working further downtown.

I work as far downtown as you can get, Water Street, off Wall, there is nothing doing around here except for maybe the Seaport and a couple of local bars, Midtown has much more doing(for the after work scene) I always have to take the train further uptown, it can be a pain, Then I always have to go back the other way when I'm done partying(no sleep till Brooklyn)

Stone.;)

Originally posted by gothzane

Work on wall st.

too many monkey suit bastards sucking on cigar cocks while yelling into their cell phone as they fix their $5,000 guido watch.

Id rather work with punk rockers, freaks, geeks, queers, and lesbos then damn lawyers.

I wouldn't much prefer that area either. There's nothing fun to do on your break. I'd sometimes rather stay indoors than venture out through the crowds in midtown. They push, they shove, and they stink. All those money hungry people around the wholesale fashion stores are pigs too.

I work as far downtown as you can get, Water Street, off Wall, there is nothing doing around here except for maybe the Seaport and a couple of local bars, Midtown has much more doing(for the after work scene) I always have to take the train further uptown, it can be a pain, Then I always have to go back the other way when I'm done partying(no sleep till Brooklyn)

Stone.;)

try living there... i used to live off Fulton street (two blocks away from the seaport)

(actual conversation last year)

person: so where do you live?

me: downtown. financial district

person: wow, people actually live down there?!

:blank:

Stone.;)

Well, now your post makes sense to me- again, I thought you meant you worked in the village.

. . . I think we should equip all newyorkers with a nerf bat (one of the semi-rigid ones so it's got at least a little punch when you swing it) . . . and then allow normal citizens to ask to see ID from people in midtown . . .

. . If you cannot produce a valid new york ID , then by law, you should get whacked by at least 10 New Yorker's wielding the standard issue nerf bat . . .

. . Also, in the interests of community . . I think we should have what I call the "Midmorning free for all" . . It's quite simple . . everyone between 9-10 A.M. working in the midtown area gets to go down to the NBC studios on street level and whack the shit out of every tourist they see . . all the while screaming: GO BACK TO YOUR OWN STATE, MOUTHBREATHER!!! . . . .

on phunks note....

i think they should divide sidewalks like highways... one lane is for tourists (cuz they have no idea where the fuck they are going and they walk too damn slow) and the other lane is for new yorkers -- the fast lane.

heheh.. just my thoughts one day as i was trapped in times square one day and miserable :tongue:

Originally posted by gothzane

Work on wall st.

am with u I work on wall st too and rather be workin in the village ...

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . I think we should equip all newyorkers with a nerf bat (one of the semi-rigid ones so it's got at least a little punch when you swing it) . . . and then allow normal citizens to ask to see ID from people in midtown . . .

. . If you cannot produce a valid new york ID , then by law, you should get whacked by at least 10 New Yorker's wielding the standard issue nerf bat . . .

. . Also, in the interests of community . . I think we should have what I call the "Midmorning free for all" . . It's quite simple . . everyone between 9-10 A.M. working in the midtown area gets to go down to the NBC studios on street level and whack the shit out of every tourist they see . . all the while screaming: GO BACK TO YOUR OWN STATE, MOUTHBREATHER!!! . . . .

Phonk for President!!!!!! :D :D :D

Originally posted by phuturephunk

right on

Maybe well have luch some time...your people can call my people and set something....heh....I simply cant see passing up having lunch with a lady that digs hardcore. ;)

Originally posted by foxyroxy20

am with u I work on wall st too and rather be workin in the village ...