Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rave Scene Is Mad Shitty These Days

Whats with the shitty rave scene now a days?

IS Stuck On Earth the only major rave promoter left?

I am not a big fan of Stuck On Earths Parties, but they are the Only promoter left in the city, besides SYMPTY, who are based out of Philly anyway......

Remember like 4 years ago when you had 2 or 3 major raves every 2 weeks? Now its one major rave every 2 months.......

Yeah there are some nice little one offs by blackkat, complacent, etc.......

But what has happened to all the big raves?

What happened to all the elements and sputniks, etc????

I have not been raving that long, only 7 or 8 years (1995), so of course I have noticed it going downhill.........but even as recently as 99-00, there were decent parties.......i guess now it is at its worst.....

Originally posted by codica3

Perhaps it is because it is so much more commercialized?? Instead of so called Underground??

Yeah, i think you are right......

But i dont think its that people dont go, i think its that there are no parties to go to........

If it is commercialized, that sucks ass, and i realized that a long long time ago, but i am willing to accept it in order to hear good music......i just wish there was a place to....

A lot of companies are having trouble booking djs. Here in Baltimore, we have Ultraworld productions and they informed us that the talent has begun to ask for ridiculous amounts of money and they can't afford them. Smaller name djs don't bring in the crowds and they don't have a solution yet. So, commercialization has a lot to do with the lacking scene.

Originally posted by lizard23

A lot of companies are having trouble booking djs. Here in Baltimore, we have Ultraworld productions and they informed us that the talent has begun to ask for ridiculous amounts of money and they can't afford them. Smaller name djs don't bring in the crowds and they don't have a solution yet. So, commercialization has a lot to do with the lacking scene.

definitely has a lot to do with the rediculous DJ fees... even the local headliners ask a lot.. I will leave a *certain* long island DJ nameless, who asks in excess of 1000 dollars to play for an hour, and still drops "out of the blue" by system F... give me a fuckin break. :rolleyes:

stuck on earth, fortunately, has the financial power to continue to throw large events. However, it seems like the crowd has changed, and the enthusiasm that used to be there is dwindling down.. ravers have grown up, and those who are still devoted to this music tend to hit the smaller weekly events rather than the large-scale one-offs.

"not going" will not help fix the problem...that only makes it worse. without support, the promoters will just stop throwing parties altogether. Some might say that's already the case, but you just have to dig around to find the good stuff. and do yourself a favor.. don't be afraid to TRAVEL to a party.. there are TONS of good events outside of New York! Sad to say, the invasion of THUGS and wanna-be thugs into NY parties killed a lot of what used to be a thriving rave scene.

Cousins is throwing KIND3 really soon (I forget the date...)... its at the Key Skate ..overused venue, but still a nice, large space. Chris Liberator, Terry Mullan, Freaky Flow, Danny tha Wildchild, Frankie Bones, Space Girl, Richard Humpty Vission, Odi...and a bunch more.. should be decent.

stay away from the dust!

Originally posted by somebitch

YEAH YOH ITS MAD SHITTY -n- WACK TOO. YOH WHEN I WUZ A KID THE SCENE WUZ SO KEWL BUT LATELY ITZ SHITTY AND WACK. :rolleyes:

YO FOR REAL KIDS THESE DAYS JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE RAVE MENTLITY IS ABOUT

1 LUV

PLUR

PS DO U KNOW WHERE I CAN SCORE SOME E MY CONNECTIONS GONE DRY

;)

Originally posted by lasix

definitely has a lot to do with the rediculous DJ fees... even the local headliners ask a lot.. I will leave a *certain* long island DJ nameless, who asks in excess of 1000 dollars to play for an hour, and still drops "out of the blue" by system F... give me a fuckin break. :rolleyes:

stuck on earth, fortunately, has the financial power to continue to throw large events. However, it seems like the crowd has changed, and the enthusiasm that used to be there is dwindling down.. ravers have grown up, and those who are still devoted to this music tend to hit the smaller weekly events rather than the large-scale one-offs.

"not going" will not help fix the problem...that only makes it worse. without support, the promoters will just stop throwing parties altogether. Some might say that's already the case, but you just have to dig around to find the good stuff. and do yourself a favor.. don't be afraid to TRAVEL to a party.. there are TONS of good events outside of New York! Sad to say, the invasion of THUGS and wanna-be thugs into NY parties killed a lot of what used to be a thriving rave scene.

Cousins is throwing KIND3 really soon (I forget the date...)... its at the Key Skate ..overused venue, but still a nice, large space. Chris Liberator, Terry Mullan, Freaky Flow, Danny tha Wildchild, Frankie Bones, Space Girl, Richard Humpty Vission, Odi...and a bunch more.. should be decent.

stay away from the dust!

I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!!!!!!

There are still parties worth going to........

WEMF may be tight, and ULTRA 4 was all right.......people do need to realize that the scene does change, and even though it may not be as great as it was before, it is still better than sitting at home listening to MP3's/CD's..........

ONE NATION was PACKED, but it was without a doubt one of the worst raves i have ever been to in my life........

The people are willing to go, and i guess the talent is there if u have the $$$......i dunno, i guess Guiliani's 8 years of scare tactics must have just made everyone afraid.......

From what i have seen of him, Bloomberg has taken a hands off approach to the whole scene.......but i guess we will just have to wait for the first big problem to come up like it always does

All I have to say is these days, the guys just stand around with their shirts off on the dance floor ogling girls, most glowstickers suck, most of them trying to replace quality with quantity, putting so many of those photons on themselves that they look like a freakin' souped up Honda and most of the people in the club dunno who's even spinning that nite. It's really really sad. :laugh:

Originally posted by echostar

maybe its people like you doing drugs

How would that bring the scene down?

I dont think you and I have gone on a date to any raves, so why does my drug use affect you or the scene in any way?

If you are that sensitive to others drug use, i think you have picked the wrong interest/hobby