Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attention DJ's! How do i get my music heard?

I have a few questions to all of you people who have spun at exit and other various clubs, How did you score that spot? How do you get a promoter on your ass and shit? I'm only 17 and all but I'm very curious on how you all did it, I was wondering if I could maybe spin somewhere or if you could hook me up. Most of my mixes are on http://www.djxphactor.com (too bad my host is down at the moment) and some are broadcasted through http://www.metromixradio.com. Your advice and help is greatly appreciated. Please help a fellow dj out :D

well im just getting out into the club seen now, its hard to get out and get a spot right away. what you got to do is start making mix cds and handing it out to promoters and clubs. ive been djing for a while now and this last year is actually been the greatest for me. ive been handing out mix cds to promoters and clubs and after all the work i spun at a lounge a couple of times and teen nights. And even better im actaully going to spin in the white room at exit friday night. just keep on bangin out cds to everyone in the industry

rasie the capital

organize your party

target your audience

promote it

and throw your party

djing for clubs has become very political...

who you know, how many connects you got, i admit its hard but your better off teaming up with a group of friends and throwing your own bash and start your own movements...

we are going ours soon...

bi-monthly trance parties at bauhaus??? venue still t.b.c

then do all the things you'll need to do to successfully navigate a party..

Well the usual hand out c.d's, become mates with promoters may work. The best thing to do is to head overseas. Clubs promoters/radio people think if you are keen enuff to head overseas it shows your committed.

I am unsure in the U.S but here we have a government run radio station which is broadcast all over the country and it promotes new and upcoming dj's. I think england has one called radio 1 as well. It gets sent thousands of demo's every week however if you are any good you may get a 90 minute slot.