Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roxy Dj Breakthrough Winners Posted..

WELL FOLKS HERE IT IS..The demo cd's were given to the ktu mix show programing directors. They were all listened to and evaluated based strictly on the merits of the cd's. The mix show personel have no clue as to who these demo cd's belong to. In certain cases, the demo cd's had to be listened to a few times when it came to the decision. Some cd's were good on mixing, some were good on music selection, The winners were chosen on who was the closest to having all areas clearly defined. THE WINNERS AND THEIR TIME SLOTS FOR FRIDAY JULY 26TH ARE AS FOLLOWS.....COREY JASPER, 12 TO 1AM,,,,,DANIEL WOO, 1AM TO 2AM...JUSTIN HIGGINS, 2AM TO 3AM...AND MIKE BUGOUT, 3AM TO 4AM. MIKE RIZZO will open from 11 to midnight setting the tone for THE BREAKTHROUGH DJ'S to start. To those dj's who were not picked for this time..there is going to be another dj breakthrough night down the road. The mix show directors said they were all good and some in some cases it was very very close. We ask that all of the friends of the winners come down to support the dj's, even the dj's who weren't picked please be our guests that night. The four will be judged by KTU MIX SHOW DIRECTORS, RECORD LABEL PERSONEL, PRODUCERS AND REMIXERS. The winner gets his own MIX SHOW AND OPENS FOR JOHNNY VICIOUS the following friday at THE ROXY. . and who know where this can go..

In responce to you saying KTU SHIT. What do you think the term remix is. When you get a cd, there's alway a radio mix and perhaps different remixes on it The sanctuary show on ktu is not the radio mix show. The radio mix is usually more pop. Depending on who's doing the sanctuary show, the music could range from tribal, progressive, vocal house remixes and trance. Oakenfold has a mix show on ktu as well as tiesto coming up in the future. Vicious, hex hector, tsettos and quite a few other producers, remixers are featured on the sanctuary show. I think you should choose carefully your words and not offend anyone especially when you would like to enter this type of dj breakthrough night. As the old saying goes "be kind to the people you meet on the way up...because you're gonna meet the same people on the way down." I don't necessarily agree with some of the things that KTU does so in that case, at that moment I change the channel. Most of the time I listen to cd's of music I like..I suggest as a professional dj, you should be respectful of all types of music and be true to your own sound. I believe you really know this also but some people are afraid of getting blasted on the cp board so they go with what seems to be the posted opinion instead of what they feel..Your term "good music" is subjective. it's good for you..look at billboards top 25 of any week,..you'll find sometimes 18 of the 25 top dance songs are hip hop & r&b. Ask the people who are into hip hop and r&b what they think of your "good music"...This music prejudice is stupid...anyway..thats my 2 cents

Originally posted by djqwest

Hey I really appreciated that guys... Mike Bugout is already a featured dj on Metro Mix, when am I gonna get a bugout&feva mix!

Peace

Qwest

Mixes and tracklists will be uploaded tot he music page very shortly, I will keep you posted :)

Originally posted by ecstatichigh35

ok that was my bad, I worded it wrong, what iw as trying to say was, I spin progressive trance/deep house, very chill shit, notihng thats ever been heard on KTU before. Is it still worth it for me to enter this contest or no?

...it doesnt matter...the contest is over...

Originally posted by ecstatichigh35

ok that was my bad, I worded it wrong, what iw as trying to say was, I spin progressive trance/deep house, very chill shit, notihng thats ever been heard on KTU before. Is it still worth it for me to enter this contest or no?

UH! DUH! IF YOU DIDN'T CATCH IT THE CONTEST IS OVER! FINITO! TERMINATED!

I think that if you had entered you would have wasted your time, as many of us did.

That's all I'll say about it.