Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How many degrees of separation?

joeg

I'm curious... on average, how many degrees of separation do you think there are between any 2 random cp'ers...

How many people are involved between a mutual lover somewhere along the way?

ie. Guy A has slept with Girl A, who has already slept with Guy B who has slept with Girl B... So technically, Guy A has been exposed to the risks of Guy B and so on...

I'm starting to think, between any 2 random people, theres a connection somewhere along the line... and to be honest... thats fairly scary...

Questions/Comments/Thoughts/Guesses?

(yes, I posted this on NY & sex because you get completely different answers on each)

Originally posted by joeg

(yes, I posted this on NY & sex because you get completely different answers on each)

...unless ofcourse, like most of us do, you post on both boards...:tongue:

be afraid joe, be very afraid...as you get older the world gets smaller...you'll find that the degrees of separation diminish as you age...but to me it's not scary, it's logical...you'll have experienced more...lived more...allowing for more connectivity...think about it...

Originally posted by joeg

I'm curious... on average, how many degrees of separation do you think there are between any 2 random cp'ers...

How many people are involved between a mutual lover somewhere along the way?

ie. Guy A has slept with Girl A, who has already slept with Guy B who has slept with Girl B... So technically, Guy A has been exposed to the risks of Guy B and so on...

I'm starting to think, between any 2 random people, theres a connection somewhere along the line... and to be honest... thats fairly scary...

Questions/Comments/Thoughts/Guesses?

yeah...its like a friggin soap opera 'round these parts

my reply is the same both places:

needless to say, one should always act as wisely and safely as possible regardless of who one's friends and lovers are. even though i might think to myself "ew, i'd rather not know who CP Girl A has slept with that i know", if I were interested in CP Girl A I would need to inquire about certain things just as I would with Random Girl X.

Originally posted by phatman

...unless ofcourse, like most of us do, you post on both boards...:tongue:

be afraid joe, be very afraid...as you get older the world gets smaller...you'll find that the degrees of separation diminish as you age...but to me it's not scary, it's logical...you'll have experienced more...lived more...allowing for more connectivity...think about it...

yeah, i'm starting to think my generation is going to LOWER the average life expectancy for the first time in ages...

no, i'm not even trying to be funny.... I really think it might...

...but to me it's not scary, it's logical...you'll have experienced more...lived more...allowing for more connectivity...think about it...

There are certain ways I'm sure you don't want to be feeling connected to everyone:

phatman: "I have genital herpes."

stranger: "OMG! Me too!"

phatman: "I feel so connected to you..."

That doesn't scare you?

Originally posted by hoke

There are certain ways I'm sure you don't want to be feeling connected to everyone:

phatman: "I have genital herpes."

stranger: "OMG! Me too!"

phatman: "I feel so connected to you..."

That doesn't scare you?

actually...you scare me more than genital herpes does...

but, in my haste this morning, i did not read this thread correctly...i thought we were talking about the connectivity of people - period - which is what i was responding to...my bad...

so to answer to the post, yes it is fairly scary...but then again, cp is nowhere near what the real world is and i think joe's views are proll. a bit skewed if he takes any of this from his experiences with cp...

hehe. i dont know anyone from this board but your questions reminds me of this chart from irc.

http://www.attrition.org/hosted/sexchart/sexchart.9.28

this shows all the connections between people and how they link together. its actually really interesting, whats even more interesting that is although there are so many links, its only a small percent of the actual number.

Originally posted by somebitch

hehe. i dont know anyone from this board but your questions reminds me of this chart from irc.

http://www.attrition.org/hosted/sexchart/sexchart.9.28

this shows all the connections between people and how they link together. its actually really interesting, whats even more interesting that is although there are so many links, its only a small percent of the actual number.

i thought i was seeing things, but sure enough "mugwump" is on that chart...damn...he's everywhere..

personally, i wouldnt mind meeting you one night to share some good stinky bud...greenery is a great form of connectivity...arent you in mo'town - i live in summit...for validation of my good bud, please refer to mr. ph0nk and tasty...hehe...

so to answer to the post, yes it is fairly scary...but then again, cp is nowhere near what the real world is and i think joe's views are proll. a bit skewed if he takes any of this from his experiences with cp...

Before responding to this, I want to be sure that I understand you... what do you mean when you say that CP is nowhere near the real world?

Originally posted by hoke

I often get Will Smith and Kevin Bacon mixed up myself...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!!! :laugh:

Anyway Joe, you're thinking of the book "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon," as opposed to the movie "Six Degrees of Separation." :laugh: