Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lord of the Rings, Two Towers preview

wow....I just watched the preview for the second installment of Lord Of The Rings, The Two Towers.Looks unbelievable. Fellowship was probably my favorite movie of the year, this one looks better. if you want to check it out go to apple.com/trailers

Originally posted by gmccookny

None of them compares to the book :nono:

i disagree. i absolutely hated the books - it took me 8 months to finish them and i usually love fantasy books.

but i LOVED that movie and saw it three times. can't wait for the next one...

Originally posted by hotcheme

i disagree. i absolutely hated the books - it took me 8 months to finish them and i usually love fantasy books.

but i LOVED that movie and saw it three times. can't wait for the next one...

Well, i got into the books b/c i read them at a time where i was very ill, and it was pretty much all i had. I totally made myself believe i was a hobbit, marching along the Mirkwood forest, encountering elves and dwarves, trolls and goblins...

also (as hotcheme might know) Belgium looks very much like a prime locale as a setting for lord of the rings, so i just associated with the books very much.

The movie was ok, i just don't think one can recreate a book like that (unless you have 6 hours ;)-)

Well, i got into the books b/c i read them at a time where i was very ill, and it was pretty much all i had. I totally made myself believe i was a hobbit, marching along the Mirkwood forest, encountering elves and dwarves, trolls and goblins...

also (as hotcheme might know) Belgium looks very much like a prime locale as a setting for lord of the rings, so i just associated with the books very much.

The movie was ok, i just don't think one can recreate a book like that (unless you have 6 hours ;)-)

i haven't been to belgium yet :( - maybe next month....

if you like fantasy, read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Now that is captivating.

Too many damn characters...although a really good story indeed.

My favorite hands down is Frank Hueberts Dune

:flame:

"He who controls the spice...controls the universe!"

:flame:

Originally posted by hotcheme

i haven't been to belgium yet :( - maybe next month....

if you like fantasy, read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Now that is captivating.

ahem...well...i can understand how some people don't like the books that much. the writing style is OLD SKoool!!! My grandad literally taught me to read using a big old hard cover version of the hobbit and i read all the other stuff before i was eight. while they aren't for everyone, they are some of the best and most important books (from a literary standpoint) this century.

no one, including Jordan, Feist, etc. has created so complete of an alternate world with history, language, etc. as Tolkien. i think that MiddleEarth really existed in his mind...like he could wander around in it and stuff. anyways, point is, he was the very first of the popularly accepted epic fantasists, and without these books, we probably wouldn't even have a Fantasy section in the book store.

personally, i loved the movie, but enjoy the books more. there is very little character development in the books, and things happen with out the depth of understanding and motivation that the books provide. but, they did a marvelous job recreeating all those settings basically just as i imagined them :)

i don't want to see any previews...just walk into the theater without any fore-knowledge.

I second Fellowship of the Rings DVD will be released in November (after of course everyone blows thier money on the first DVD release, realizing thier mistake too late). The second Fellowship release will be a 4 DVD set, With a longer version of the film, 30 or 40 minutes will be added.