Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 7/15

weyes

don't be afraid to complain because you want to always be "the nice guy." sometimes things aren't the way they should be, and you do have a right to make your voice heard, even if that does involve kicking up a fuss.

tune in tomorrow.

Society is teaching itself to complain. The idea is constantly reinforced that if you complain, you get things for free just to shut you up. This is particularly true for sales and service industries. Think about the last time you complained about your food in a restaurant and got your whole meal comped.

i tried to reply to this yesterday, but i finished, it erased itself, and i was too tired to write it over :mad: .

you guys know what i mean - don't be such sasspots! my apartment has a serious ant problem. if you leave a glass of water out, an ant will come after it, so don't even think about leaving a hard candy wrapper around (with nothing sticky on it, mind you!). they're in the bathroom, my roommate's room, my room, and the kitchen --- forget about it. but they're not coming from outside; they're coming out from the walls. my roommate has talked to our landlady about the problem, as have our neighbors (it's the whole building). i'd talk to her, too, but i don't speak chinese... we've sprayed the apartment ourselves and it's helped somewhat, but raid only does so much. it is her job, as the owner, and the law, to keep living conditions up to a certain standard (i'm not living that ghetto, don't get that impression; we've just got ants).

my roommate says that since he and the other tenants have spoken to her about it a few times and she hasn't done anything, he may just call the health department and report her. i think this is not only justified, but warranted.