Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the deal with Cingular?/?

* ?

What makes this product so good. It's really starting to get annoying, especially seeing the ads in trains, subways, posters, etc...

the ad's make it look like * can be found everywhere, on potholes, on ticket stubs, in the center of a pizza.

:confused::blank::tongue:

I walked into their store on 41st/5th on the way home yesterday, and the deal is......they have nice phones......they are the same price for plans as the other 3 providers, But they have a shitty and small network, not nearly as big as verizon or att. I guess they just came into the game late and are trying to catch up with clever marketing rather than superior service

Originally posted by codica3

I have Cingular.. I've had it for like 3-4 years now.. I have no problems with it.

really?

cause all the ads in the subway this month say that cingular is new to New York.......they just started here this month, are you in nyc?

i work for Cingular Wireless. its the second largest cellular carrier in the country behind verizon. but cingular never owned area in norht jersey and nyc, long island, rockland, putnam, orange, and westchester. the company originated out of philly and DC, and is very big there and in south jersey. its actually very big out in Cali, florida, and in the midwest too.

anyway, now they own area in north jersey and new york, and they are now opening stores there.

so its not some small up and coming company. they have been around for years...used to be called Cellular One in my area (central jersey). basically Southwestern Bell, who owned Cell One, merged with 11 other companies nationwide to make cingular. they had numerous commercials during the superbowl, spent something like $100 million during the superbowl to advertise.

service is pretty good. they are workin on a TDMA/GSM system (means that the phones will be world phones like voicestream has)

Originally posted by fwilso01

really?

cause all the ads in the subway this month say that cingular is new to New York.......they just started here this month, are you in nyc?

Nahh.. I live in Central Jersey.. I've had it for a while.. and it works really well with me.

Originally posted by aphexzinx

this Provider Cingular sucks HArd LIKE TO THE 2ND pOWER ! IT uses the same line as Voice Stream . ** u will lose every call . or just have a shit load of static . *** goodluck to those . :worry:

yep i just found out today that they are using voicestream's towers up in nyc. that does suck for anyone up there. down here though they do have their own towers, and it works well

Originally posted by xtcgspot

yep i just found out today that they are using voicestream's towers up in nyc. that does suck for anyone up there. down here though they do have their own towers, and it works well

Yeah that does suck for anyone in NY area cause Voicestream REALLY sux..