Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dj that caught my ear

i heard this dj not to long ago...andrew mendez :dj: . he played a really really good set at float and i heard him down at djais in belmar. ive been going out for a while and he drops some good tracks. ive actually heard him a couple times and he impressed me. Out of the jersey dj's that are known...hes up there, im not talkin about the lower dj's that are tryin to get to their level as a really good dj IMO. he plays hard and and he can lighten it up too totally different style ( his own style). not like some dj's that just want to bang your head with beats...pots and pans(rydell at times) and all that trash. hes up there with my as fav's.

if you havent heard him...go listen to him next time hes in the city...cause he plays totally different than if he were in jersey...but if you cant get out to the city go listen to him anyway...i think youd be in for a treat.;)

not that i would care about your comments cause ive read some of the comments... you cp people rip on every DJ out there...all dj's have their own style...some better than others...and some well, i think theyre still searching :finger:. hey im new to the board i have to throw in my 2 cents. not here to cause drama...just want to see what the fellow jersey heads and fellow new york heads think also. im a promoter for some clubs and well you know what us promoters are about :bong::rock: and some of this :licker:.

p.s. i like to use the icons...theyre pretty cool

Andrew has been great for years... only getting better and better in time.

Smokee is right, his Cheetah Thus party was the possible the best nights I have ever had in the city. Tons of babes and celebs... Derick Jeter was there ever week when not on the road along w/ other Yankees and celebs.

1998-99 Drama days were sick too

His 3 year Metro Lounge run included some sick shit... New Years Eve, Aniversary parties, and the first Retro Metro which every club has copied that concept by now.... But he spun the first one