Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuck This Place

*sigh*

ever since i moved into my new apartment there has been nothing but problems between myself, the landlord and the neighbors.

You can't play music AT ALL in this building, or else they'll stomp all over you and bitch (and i mean even when i have it low).

The landlord has lost my rent payments twice, but claims it was my fault - and only because i paid with money orders and had receipts of everything, did i keep from getting evicted.

Today he banged on my door and told me that if he hears one more complaint about music, or if i'm late with my rent even one day, i'm out.

It's time to find a new home. It's a shame because this apartment is so beautiful and bright... but i can't live with the company :(

Anybody else facing woes over asshole 9 to 5 straight-edged neighbors and jerk landlords?

That sucks... didn't you tell me your landlord was on your side when in came to the complaints?!?

My neighbors have been pretty cool... On Saturday one of my neighbors locked himself out of his apartment and asked if he could use my phone. I was practicing mixing at the time, and even gave him a shot at it while he waited for a locksmith. He didn't seem to mind at all...

You need to find a place like that!

i'm not that rich, ecstatic.

also, my landlord has NEVER been on my side with music or anything else for that matter. The building semintendant was, but the actual landlord who owns everything is a real prick.

crystal, i'd take you up on the offer but i'm living in Albany right now... so NYC is kind of out of the question at the moment unfortunately.

Originally posted by cintron

*sigh*

ever since i moved into my new apartment there has been nothing but problems between myself, the landlord and the neighbors.

You can't play music AT ALL in this building, or else they'll stomp all over you and bitch (and i mean even when i have it low).

The landlord has lost my rent payments twice, but claims it was my fault - and only because i paid with money orders and had receipts of everything, did i keep from getting evicted.

Today he banged on my door and told me that if he hears one more complaint about music, or if i'm late with my rent even one day, i'm out.

It's time to find a new home. It's a shame because this apartment is so beautiful and bright... but i can't live with the company :(

Anybody else facing woes over asshole 9 to 5 straight-edged neighbors and jerk landlords?

. . . at least you aint gotta patch drywall or replace all the wiring in your place . . . think about that . . .

If i could play my music loud, i'd rather.

. . . I can see your point . . . The kids upstairs tried to out bass me with some crappy metal the other day cause I was spinning at a moderate sound level earlier on (I swear it wasn't loud) . . so what'd I do? . . Cranked those CV's to the breaking point . .. They don't play their music loud anymore . . .

*sigh*

I feel your pain.

I am currently involved in a legal battle with my co-op. It appears that you're experiencing harrassment. If you really like your apartment and the landlord continues with the bullshit you can def look up an attorney-you have MANY rights.

You also have a right to play your radio at moderate volume till 11pm. If certain rules were not brought to your attention PRIOR to you moving in (such as no radio playing at all within the premises), then the landlord rented the apartment in bad faith.

Then again, if you're blasting your radio in an apartment with paper thin walls, I suggest you knock it off and show your tenants some respect.

-iliana

:cool:

Fight that shit

You have a lot of rights as a tenant in NYC which landlord and assholes are always trying to run roughshod over.

Bottom line-- it is very hard to evict someone from an apt.

Certainly you shouldn't be blasting music all times of night but if you aren't making a lot of noise then certify that!

-MJR

Hey fellas,

well here's the scoop. Troy noise ordinances state that basically from 12midnight till 12 noon, all noise should be restricted. beyond that, i've got free reign.

I've been VERY considerate to my neighbors and i've even posted a copy of the Troy noise ordinance on my door, along with my phone number and an assurance that yes i am a nice person, and should someone have a problem with my noise level, to KINDLY call or knock and i'll be glad to listen to their concerns.

do you think anybody's done that? no.

I am definitely going to look into the harassment and whatnot. I definitely am experiencing that from not only the landlord, but a dickhead neighbor upstairs who SMACKED my phone # out of my hand when i apologized and offered it to him in case he needed to contact me.

*sigh*. There's always such pretentious bullshit going on

This is what you do......

Find a place to move to. The minute you got it hook up your subwoofer again and start playing music......crazy banging hard techno.....and push the volume until it is about to blow. Play this at 10pm till 12. Ignore whoever knocks on the door.

Thanks fellas.

Looks like i don't have a choice but to stay.

If i break the lease, i get charged the equivalent of the entire term of my lease's rent.

If i get evicted the same shit happens.

So i suppose i'm going to just become a sucky DJ for a while :(