Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Further proof...

malanee

Blech. I hate studies like this because they give people the idea that characteristics like emotionality are sex-linked and inevitable. I mean, they don't address at all why they might have gotten the results that they did; for example, maybe adult women's brains are "wired" for emotion, and men's aren't because that's how they've been socialized to think their whole lives. Socialization affects brain chemistry, and can be changed. blah. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dragongrrrl

Blech. I hate studies like this because they give people the idea that characteristics like emotionality are sex-linked and inevitable. I mean, they don't address at all why they might have gotten the results that they did; for example, maybe adult women's brains are "wired" for emotion, and men's aren't because that's how they've been socialized to think their whole lives. Socialization affects brain chemistry, and can be changed. blah. :rolleyes:

OMG - that's just what I was thinking as I read the study! There are so many things that could influence that outcome! What do you do, btw? Are you a researcher?

Originally posted by malanee

OMG - that's just what I was thinking as I read the study! There are so many things that could influence that outcome! What do you do, btw? Are you a researcher?

At the moment i'm just an office bitch, but i'm going to be working at an indoor landscaping doing horticulture. So, no, i'm not a researcher, but I studied sociology in college- that's why purely biological viewpoints of human behavior piss me off.

Originally posted by malanee

Dragongrrrl - that's going to be a big change! How did you get into horticulture?

Shady - I don't hate cock! I think male chickens are very nice, actually.

I've always loved plants and gardening, ever since i can remember. I worked in a greenhouse for a couple of years before and during college, but this will be my first formal training in horticulture. I'm so excited- i'll get paid to play in the dirt all day! :D

Yay for roosters. I once went to a county fair in Ohio (or West Virginia; i can't remember which) and saw the "show roosters". They were a crack up. Chickens/roosters are the most hilarious animals, IMO.

Originally posted by vicman

well i would be one to say that for every single complaint gals have for guys, guys have it for gals. why does all this stuff have to be so damn difficult?

It doesn't have to be; people make it difficult. For all the complaints that women have about men, there are plenty of women who do the same shit, and vice versa. Not to say that there are no differences in the ways men and women are socialized to behave, but I think there are many more similarities then differences. But, it's the differences people choose to focus on. All people are stupid.

:D meg

Originally posted by dragongrrrl

All people are stupid.

:D meg

Now you're speaking knowledge! To be honest, I've often been more screwed over by the women in my life than the men. In sum, I think meeting good people, women or men, is a challenge! Thank GAWD for the internet! :laugh:

And Shady, are you going out this weekend? Watch your back.....