Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Area 2 Review

lizard23

Checked it out at Nissan last night and had a blast. I've never seen Tiesto live before and I thought he was great! He was playing a lot of trance and songs that were all familiar/popular. I enjoyed his set a lot. Then we checked out Blue Man Group on the stage and they were wild. Very creative and good sounding. Next it was back to the tent for Digweed, who we came to the conclusion sounds much better without Sasha. He was banging out a steady, hard set - had the crowd pumped the entire time. Left the last few minutes of Digger's set to get a seat by the stage for Moby and was unfortunate enough to come upon David Bowie's performance. HORRBLE! Finally Moby came on and was awewsome. Great performance and awesome lights. In b/t his songs we could hear Carl Cox fucking some shit up in the tent, but we didn't get to see him b/c we wanted to watch all of Moby. So there it is. Overall a good show, had fun, but wished it was cooler. We were sweating like pigs the entire time. But it was worth it. Hope you all enjoy!

I agree with Liz. Two thumbs up to Tiesto and Digweed (much more energetic vibe without Sasha). My legs hurt today from dancing so much.

The tent was much better than last year. It was bigger so there was no line to get in...also I think there were fewer people there. Overall, Nissan was a much better venue than Merriweather to hold this event.

We ran into Crank during Digweed, but did not see any other CP people.

Good times!

Awesome time, except for the fact that it was so freakin HOT!!! I think I lost 10 pounds in sweat!

I thought Digweed was good, but not amazing...I've seen him play harder before. Gotta say that I was very impressed with Tom Skinner (the guy before Digweed)...he just banged it out after Tiesto. Digweed came on and brought the level down for about 45 minutes before taking it back up. Cox was un-fuckin-believable! Straight out hard-as-shit techno and tech-house!

Blue man group were very entertaining but I don't think I'd shell out $60 to go see them in NYC.

I'm so exhausted right now - should have taken the day off.

It was HOT, and the air conditioned tent only seemed a few degrees cooler. If you bought water in the tent you couldn't keep the cap, bastards!

Tiesto set was trancy and anthemic. I thought Digweed's set was amazing and I was totally into it. I agree with ravermania on Tom Skinner, very impressed with his short set. Totally missed Bowie (one of the reasons I went), but caught about half of Moby's set while I was lying on the lawn and taking it easy.

I definitely enjoyed the whole show!

I was bummed I missed Dieselboy cuz we got there late. Does anybody know if he had an MC this time?

I really enjoyed Busta Rhymes, and watching him rip into the people who refused to participate. "What are y'all? A buncha Senior Citizens up in here!?"

Blue Man Group was neat, but I'm sure they're a lot better in an enclosed space where they have more control over the props.

Tiesto was doing a pretty good job. I really haven't been able to get into trance yet though. I find it to be so boring, even though I love ambient. Go figure.

It was a lot of fun for me to go into the dance tent, though, because I flew my sister out from Albequerque and she's never been to a rave-ish thing before because she's only 15. I was really glad the vibe was very positive in there, and I didn't see too many people messed up. People were respectful of dance space and apologetic if they bumped into you. I was glad for that to be her first introduction to the scene, as opposed to some 17 year old sketchy dude taking her to some 2am event and then leaving her or something.

Carl Cox was totally amazing! Much better than his Destination NYC performance. I would have skipped Moby entirely to stay in there. Surely one of the best sets I've observed yet! My sister found her groove, my girlfriend was totally lost in the music and my buddy said it was the most fun he's ever had listening to dance music sober!

Synopsis: I'm definitely going to Area 3