Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What The Hell Happened To Cpi???

What the hell happened, the place is so dead u can hear crickets. CPI has been the premier hamptons hot spot for as many years as I can remember. I understand that Ojeida hasn't been great for the last couple of summers, but still managed to pack the place out. Now that he is playing some great sets, nobody goes. I don't understand.

could this actually (as advertised for the last 10 years) be the last summer for CPI????:hang:

Jason has always been good. It's not his fault......but rather a combination of a bunch of things. House rentals are way down ttis yr.....probably due to the economy, nightlife in general has been kinda off, and everybody is getting too mangled at Neptunes to venture out at night....and rather drive back to hit up Bridgeview......don't ask me why either cause Bridgeview is weak....lol. Too bad cause CPI is the best thing the Hamptons has....IMO. Neptunes is great but it's not a real club experience.

Ceserleo Hit it right on the money. Jason has played great sets all summer long, it has nothing to do with the music. Everyone loves Neptunes for many reasons, most importantly because the girls are just about naked. Some of my boys are coming out next weekend just for Neptunes. And what is up with everyone going to Bridgeview on Saturday. Everyone I talked to @ Neptunes was going??? Is it that good, I went there once this summer and it was packed with 15 year olds.

I'm going to Seven for the first time this friday, anyone have any reviews about it?

Originally posted by zoolander

Ceserleo Hit it right on the money. Jason has played great sets all summer long, it has nothing to do with the music. Everyone loves Neptunes for many reasons, most importantly because the girls are just about naked. Some of my boys are coming out next weekend just for Neptunes. And what is up with everyone going to Bridgeview on Saturday. Everyone I talked to @ Neptunes was going??? Is it that good, I went there once this summer and it was packed with 15 year olds.

I'm going to Seven for the first time this friday, anyone have any reviews about it?

Seven has been decent on Fridays I heard so check it out......I hear the people who work there are good guys too. As for Bridgeview.......it's just weak like you said. Too big, horrible sound system....very mix crowd from bar rats to hip-hop goers to old fart washed up guidos.....music is too commercial IMO and parking can be a nightmare......not to mention the lines.....and why was everyone from Neptunes going.....I HAVE NO IDEA.....but that seems to be the case. I will be @ Neptunes sat.....hopefully the weather is nice. Zoolander......what's that resort under your sig......I need to get my ass there.....lol!

Have u guys been listening to the same music as me? Ojeida hasn't been great since he spun at Cyberia years ago. He has greatly improved since the beginning of this summer when the management asked him to do whatever it takes to bring the crowd back. Even though Ojeida sounded good on Saturday, Alot of people found it hard not to drift into the other room to listen to DJ Rossi who was on point all night. :eek:

Ojeida was horrible for the 1st 4 weeks of summer and has been GOOD since then. I just hope for the sake of CPI that it isn't too little too late.

Originally posted by mindfaqd

Have u guys been listening to the same music as me? Ojeida hasn't been great since he spun at Cyberia years ago. He has greatly improved since the beginning of this summer when the management asked him to do whatever it takes to bring the crowd back. Even though Ojeida sounded good on Saturday, Alot of people found it hard not to drift into the other room to listen to DJ Rossi who was on point all night. :eek:

Ojeida was horrible for the 1st 4 weeks of summer and has been GOOD since then. I just hope for the sake of CPI that it isn't too little too late.

IMO he has been fine. I heard him over the over Mem. day, the Fourth, and classics night. Like I said earlier.......it's not b/c of the music why people aren't showing.....it's all the other factors previously mentioned. His style is the same since Iv'e been going to hear him wherever he may be.....which is same as....if not better than his Cyberia sets over the winter. Cyberia was packed every weekend this winter and people were loving him.......so I know it ain't the music factor. People in Jersey worship his sets at Hunka Bunka and always asked for him to come back......I really don't think it's the music but I regardless I hope it picks up. Maybe I'll make an appearance this Sat. and see what's up. Haven't been to CPI since the fourth......itching to make a return though.:)

CPI has been dead for the last few weeks but it was decent this weekend. Most people have been going to Turtle Bay but from what i hear the tunes Ojeda is droppin are much much better. This has been one of jason's biggest step ups this summer lets get some people out there to show him we appreciate a good dj. And 7 is better on thursdays but i hear its not so bad on friday's either.:jawdrop:

Originally posted by funkmastagbag

I havent missed a summer of '02 at CPI yet except for classics night which I regret completely, but like you said clubbhoppintg I will be there with either 10 or a million people... place is awesome to me. I wont bail on it. Keep the faith.

:clap: well said...

Originally posted by clubbhoppintg

Yup...Faith is the one thing i got. Hopefully these little theme parties coming up will help em out.

I sure as hell hope so. that place has too many fond memories for me to have it go into the shitter like this.:constipa:

Cesarleo whats the deal bro?

It's the Atlantis in the Bahamas. The Best Vacation I have ever gone on(Probably 2nd to Cancun). No Club scene @ all, if your looking to gamble with celebs and spend $$ on great food go.

I'll be @ Neptunes as well this weekend. Maybe I'll see you, Im the skinniest guy there. The juice did'nt work for me as well as it did for other guys :D

Is seven more of a club scene or Bar?

Originally posted by blueharvest

Brazil has completely revamped their club, and it has been packed EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. The music has been great, and the place is beautiful...

CPI is too big...not enough people this summer...

I must disagree. How could you possiblly say that Brazil is beautiful?? Can you even see anything in that place with the one light bulb they have screwed in???? LOL!!! For real though, the place is so freakin dark. It was sooo annoying to try to talk to someone or even find someone in there. It's also waaaaaay to small. The ceiling is so low. I feel like Im in my basement.

I will give the Morrisey's credit for bringing in some really talented DJ's, but the space is just unbearable. I would almost rather they move the house music to the outside and move the hip hop inside. It gets way to crowded in there and it make for a very uncomforatable night.

CPI was such a better space. Its unfortunate that everyone decided that it was uncool to go there. I truelly miss hearing Ojeda spin to a GOOD crowd. Now its just a bunch of east end bar people that dont know any better. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ginz

CPI was such a better space. Its unfortunate that everyone decided that it was uncool to go there. I truelly miss hearing Ojeda spin to a GOOD crowd. Now its just a bunch of east end bar people that dont know any better. :rolleyes:

I agree 100% the crowd and the vibe just aint the same. I hope people will go this weekend for the webster hall thing they're doin.

hey that pic in ur sig is from the deck at neptunes,right?

I agree 100% the crowd and the vibe just aint the same. I hope people will go this weekend for the webster hall thing they're doin.

The vibe is totally off except for Neptunes. The crowd that goes out to hear good music is gone. Now its just people looking for a place to do their drugs in the dark.

In addition, I think that the fact that less people are doing hampton Shares has affected the turnout for CPI. The majority of the crowd that used to go to CPI came from Nassau, Western Suffolk, Connecticut, and Brooklyn/Bronx. Since the start of the Bridview party on Saurdays, it has taken away from CPI. Why would someone who lives West that far West of CPI drive right past Bridview and trek all the way out east? Granted, Bridgview will never have the vibe that CPI did, but its a fair tradeoff not to have to drive so far. Also, alot of people are going to the Jersey Shore because thats where the "Scene" has moved. I went down there and witnessed the best vibe in a LONG time. the crowd was hot and everyone was there for the music. I didnt see one person standing around. Everyone danced no matter who they were!

Im not sure how or if CPI will rebound. This summer has seriously made me contimplate doing a Hamptons house again. I am strongly considering a Shore house next year.

Yes, that picture is from Neptunes. Its a Safari Larry special, lol!!!!

You can find me there every weekend(except this upcoming one) on the stairs. If you see me, say hello.:cool:

Now we all miss CPI and I agree I was down the shore this weekend and IT WAS ON FIRE! I'm not a Denny fan.....but he's was on fire as well! I can't wait to go back. I feel bad b/c some of my shore friends got a house out East and this was probably the worst summer to do it. Anyway, we should all agree on one thing. Let's go out with a bang and rock CPI Labor Day Weekend to salvage the memories we had.....and hopefully one day will once again. I plan on raiding the place with as many people as I can bring over Labor Day weekend. Hopefully Jason will do another classics night as well.:)

yes we are already on the rebound

we were up to 1500 this past saturday and with aggresive advertising and great promotions we hope to be up over 2000 this saturday

saturday august 10

ladies get in free till midnite

webster hall party

dj jason ojeda dj ricky corbo dj sean sharp dj anthony rossi dj pauli plus cpi and webster hall dancers live broadcast on ktu and sirius satelitte radio, tons of giveaways

guys go to vipguestlist.com to save 10.00

sat aug 17 dk skribble

sat aug 24h ny music festival rich luzzi and tina ann

sat aug 31 record release party for reina

sun sept 1 hex hector, jason ojeda, amber, who da funk

sat sept 7 classic nite

sat sept 14 closed in memory of sept 11

sat sept 21 beatle jam

sat sept 28 greaseband

sat nov 1 scream1 the halloween dance

wed nov 27 thanksgiving eve super dance party

the party this saturday will be a sure hit

you have to remember that 1500 people doesnt look like a lot in 37,000 square feet last year on reg sat 2400 would come thruthe door on a reg sat nite. remember most clubs in the hamptons have occupancies of 300-500 so we still have more than 3 times any other club out there. rentals are way down this year so that is why over the next couple weeks we are shooting our load to bring you a lot of special entertainment to get you off the beach and on a dance floor or in your cars to come out.some peeple dont even walk around the club to see what is going on in other parts either. the hip hop room was packed and the patio was busy the pub was slow and jason had a decent dance floor which actually started fairly early. go to the cpi website cpiniteclub.com and print out the coupon to save money at the door this saturday