Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need mp3 converting help

gqsmuv

From download.com I downloaded audacity a couple of days ago. It allows yout o cut and paste mp3 files.

So what you could probably do is cut and paste one track after another. Audacity allows you to zoom in so you can avoid spaces.

Actually, if you want to simply change the cues you can get away with working with 2 tracks at a time.

1) Put two tracks together

2) Make sure there's no funny jumps(in sound) where they meet.

3) Highlight the region you want as a track and cut it out.

4) Save that as a track.

5) Add the next track to the remaining file you were editing.

As a caution, you should probably make backups of all the tracks. I haven't used audacity long enough to know how stable it is.

Good luck

Originally posted by gqsmuv

problem: i have a live set that's been cut up into tracks...unfortunately, the cues are all off...what i want to do is make it into one whole track again and recut it myself...does anyone know the best way to accomplish this without any pauses inbetween...thanks

gqsmuv58@aol.com:confused:

checkout cnet.com, and search for a mp3 splitter...much easier then cut and paste, and save....

thanks for the help pplz...but i don't know if those will help me...mabye the mp3 splitter...but what i want is to combine the 14 tracks i have into one whole track...then split it according to my cues...basically, i need to combine multiple tracks into one whole track...this can be done for either .wav or .mp3...thanks again