Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cooljunkie Competition - ROund 2

o0djfx0o

Well the bar has been considerably raised tonight!!!

Though I did not stay till the end tonight, unlike last night, there was no need, for my pick for tonight was untouchable!!!

First on the decks was Michael Louis. From beginning to end, he performed a flawless set on all accounts. From track selection to track progression to skills in the mix...everything this DJ put out was well received. With each subsequent track, the level intensified and the floor filled to a steady climax. He displayed a true sense of maturity throughout the set and technical perfection. Playing tracks that were heavily filled with atmospheric reverberations, the effects at hand on the mixer were left untouched and rightly so! Only the highest marks from me on Michael's set...a true stand-out set in its own right and a marked and vast improvement on the DJ's from the previous night's heat. Oh and did I forget to mention that he recently turned 21 with tonight being his debut in a club setting? Brilliant!!!

Joseph Anthony took the decks next. His style had a much harder edge to it. His mixes were pretty good throughout...but I felt his track selection was not as solid as Michael's. He incorporated a lot of tracks that had very prominent spoken vocalic elements that, at times, were borderline annoying. The mixes were not as fluid as that of Michael's, and the set's progression was not as cleverly sewn. Furthermore, Joseph's tracks tended to have frequent and multiple breakdowns throughout that I felt disrupted flow on the dancefloor. As a result, though his tracks were harder and more pumpin' than Michael's, the activity on the dancefloor came and went like the tides throughout the set.

Finally, Kiavi was the night's closer. I stayed through only about 5-6 tracks of Kiavi's set...his track selection and mixing ability was just fine...however, to edge out Michael's set, he needed to be a real knockout from the beginning in every respect and he was not even for the portion for which I was in attendance.

Overall, I give props to all three DJ's who performed tonight. I feel as though Joseph and Kiavi could have given last night's winner, Johnny Ramirez a run for his money. Unfortunately, they could not touch Michael Louis' set tonight...watch out for this guy to steal the finals!!! Sean, if he takes it...you've got a very admirable opponent in the winner's battle, if there ever might be one!

A much more pleased,

FX

I saw one of them pick his nose at one point...that count? Just kidding...that didn't really happen! hehehe

None displayed any scratch techniques...

A few have been knob tweakers...but for the most part, it's been just straight up mixing from the ones to the twos.

This was another aspect included on my demo...a couple scratch sequences and some extra vocalic elements thrown in off my third deck while in the mix, in addition to some mixes that extended well into the 3-5 minute mark (64-128 bars)

Originally posted by o0djfx0o

I saw one of them pick his nose at one point...that count? Just kidding...that didn't really happen! hehehe

None displayed any scratch techniques...

A few have been knob tweakers...but for the most part, it's been just straight up mixing from the ones to the twos.

This was another aspect included on my demo...a couple scratch sequences and some extra vocalic elements thrown in off my third deck while in the mix, in addition to some mixes that extended well into the 3-5 minute mark (64-128 bars)

hey FX, by what you describe your demo set kicks ass so is it possible for you to hook it up for me?

I wanna listen to it.

tx

Lalo