Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New York compared to Miami

djmikedr

Originally posted by patrickl

I love these persistent NYC-Miami threads.

Personally, I can't stand New York City. I give it credit for one thing and one thing only - being the location of perhaps the greatest museum in the world, the Met.

Other than that I have no use for the place........I really don't care whether I ever set foot on that ugly, totally-raped-by-humanity concrete jungle island ever again. I'm surprised no one else ever mentions this, just how *ugly* New York is. I don't like places that have skyscrapers literally stacked up right next to each other and Manhattan carries this to the extreme.......the place is like a malignant cancer.

Miami would be paradise if not for all the shallow, thoughtless pieces of human shit we have around here. There are simply too many of the wrong people here, that's Miami's biggest problem.

My favorite Northeast city by far is Burlington, Vermont. It's so charming, open & liberal, and the surrounding Vermont countryside is so beautiful. Shame it's only livable weather-wise 4 months out of the year.........

You guys talk about Chicago - I am thinking I'm going to go visit some friends up there sometime within the next few months.....I am very interested to see how it is up there. I'm sure it's very friendly......I bet I will love it and then be upset upon return to MIA for living in the Shallow Capital of the USA.......

I’m not sure where you went in new york, but you’ve been deprived. new york city is one of the most culturally diverse cites, in the world. Countless museums, theatres, etc. then you have the upper part of new york state that includes the adirondack mountains, the finger lake region, etc. next time you go to new york get the full experience.. :D

Originally posted by CHRles

And yes NYC has ghettos, but it's not like Miami and Ft. Lauderdale don't have any either. What wxactly do you call Liberty City? Drive aong US 1 just north of downtown Miami and you'll be smack right in the ghetto. Or areas near the airport as well. Hell, Hialeah has some pretty dangerous neighborhoods too.

But Miami is a paradise.

:rolleyes:

NY Denial...geez. Just because someone doesn't like the place they're automatically in denial. NYC isn't for everyone...

As for Miami Beach becoming a mini-Manhattan, please, no. I'd much rather see it go towards the Sao Paulo direction :)

Originally posted by lolahotass

I think Miami Beach should just stay Miami Beach and not follow in the footsteps of any other city. We should just stay unique...

:D

Yes!!!

Coke Whores and Ugly guys with mad money. :laugh:

Also bums who pick there noses in front of people when ur waiting outside dekans apartment....GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHROSSSSSSSSSSSSS :blown:

Originally posted by mikeydny

:laugh: :laugh:

Mikey, I meant we shouldn't try to be like any other city or conform to what NYC is...

There's only one NYC and I like it that way.....

Basically, yes, Coke whores, crack heads, lame people w/ no personalities! Welcome to MIA!:laugh: (with the exception of the coolass peeps I've met on this board)..

Lola :eek:

Originally posted by mikeydny

Yes!!!

Also bums who pick there noses in front of people when ur waiting outside dekans apartment....GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHROSSSSSSSSSSSSS :blown:

and this differs from manhattan.. :laugh:

The aquabooty parties have an awesome vibe Lola's NO VIP

Jazzid has an awesome vibe. NO VIP

So far I've found 2 places in MIA with a really good vibe and I'm sure there's many more, but most of the people on this board that are ripping on our vibe never leave space,spin, crobar, level, etc etc etc... all these big name clubs that cater to the VIP crowd.