Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Confrontational: HipHop clubs more fun than electronica

So, being around a bit, I am a believer that hip hop clubs are SIGNIFICANTLY more fun than electronica clubs.

Fine its good to go out w/bunch of people and catch the latest thang at arc or centro or whateva...but roll out to a hip hop place w/a decent dj and the place is so much more f'ing fun...everyone is enjoying themselves...

It seems the crowd is more chill and fun when they know the music thats playing whereas electronica places people go there because they believe they will have fun....

Leave your opinion..curious..........

I don't think that's necessarily true..

When I went to Centro Fly on Thursday.. the vibe was incredible.. the party was spectacular.. everyone there was having a very good time.. people were enjoying the music.. enjoying the company of others.. I don't think that party could have gotten much better than it was when I was there!!

And I'm sure if you threw that same crowd into a hip-hop club, they wouldn't be having fun at all.. it doesn't have to do with whether it's a hip-hop or a tech club.. I think it has to do with the crowd of people that are attracted to the particular club.

Everyone I know that was going to Centro Fly was psyched as hell for that nite!! It wasn't that they went in *hopes* of having a good time and just to go out for the hell of it.. they went out because they really wanted to hear Saeed & Palash.

I dunno.. I could go on forever but I gotta finish postWHORING and get to work. :D

i think that people will usually have the most fun in their 'own' (favorite?) scene... hiphop heads probably enjoy themselves the most at hiphop clubs and people who are more into other kinds of electronic music will generally enjoy themselves more at places like Centro or Arc. however, a lot of people enjoy taking a break from their own scene once and a while-- going out to a venue that plays entirely different music from the one you're used to can be lots of fun and even open you up to new kinds of music.

maaaaaaaybe you can try to generalize and say that a certain scene is more sexual, lighthearted, angry, menacing, moody, whatever.... but 'fun' is a bit more subjective and i wouldn't claim that one scene is altogether more fun than another for every single person who goes out dancing.

It all depends on your idea of fun.

I'd say that with a good crowd and a good DJ, a club with some house music could tend to be more "spiritual" and the crowd could feel more together...

but then again fun is all relative.

Hip Hop is energetic too, depending on what's playing and who's there...

though i must say you won't see househeads breaking out into fights ;)

It depends on what you go to clubbing for, and what type of music you like. Personally I love electronic music and don't like hiphop much at all so I would never go to a hiphop club.... but if you're into hiphop, or go clubbing for different reasons (other than the music, such as hooking up, drugs etc.) then judging clubs on that basis is a whole different story.