Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Area 2 review

a1wave

woooooooooooo hooooooooooo!!! that sums it up in two syllables... it was awesome! great weather, good crowd, HOT but dealable.. and the comfort of wearing shorts and sneakers made the day perfect...

we got there right in time for tiesto who played a fun set. (sorry no trainspotting.. i suck at that) i had never heard him so it was a good first time... i'd hear him again... we went over and caught a little of the blue man group which was also fun, but not what i expected. Ii must be better in a theater, but still cool... Digweed came on early, around 6 and played a very upbeat 2 hour set which had me dancing hard the entire time... better than the delta tour showing by far, IMO... and then Carl Cox ripped it up... danced even harder... he ended his 2 hour set with a version of lovestory mixed with other songs ... FUN!

I did catch a bit of Bowie.. not my thing.. and Moby was interesting... i swear he must be ADD... running back and forth across the stage doing nothing but screaming... we left before he was done... enough was enough...

i'd go again :D :D :D

so what did everyone else think?

I had a great time! If you didn't go you did miss out. I thought that Tiesto rocked it, I enjoyed most of his set. And I was naming everyone of the songs he droped but I can't remember a god damn one now. ooops:drunk: He had lots of energy throughout it. Digweed was a whole lot better than last time at the Delta Heavy, definatly kept me moving. Cox's brought his game and killed me.

Katie, how is it that you were right in front of me in line then I totally lost you:confused:

Deffinatly hot as balls out Sat, but the tent was cool. The ac in there actually did the trick which surprised the hell out of me. The sound in there was terrible though. My ears are still ringing. I should have put paper in my ears like Katie did. But when Cox's was on he must have cranked the bass and it was terrible. I was really interested in seeing Moby. However, I thought it was good and a nice ending to the day. Chilling on the lawn.

Here's a couple of funny stories. We are hanging at Tiesto early and we were feeling real good;) All of the sudden I look to my right and the blue man guy is right next to me looking right at me. So I freak out and walk away. My boy Pete is standing there dancing and the 3 of them surround him and I see him just freeze. Then they all stare at him and then eachother and start bobbing there heads at him. OMG he was bugged out and tried to get out from the circle they had him in. He finally pushes by then and asks me why I left there:laugh: .

Oh yeah I also learned that I have no business putting on sunscreen in the condition I was in. Let just say I have some messed up streaks and places I missed, and I have to wear my chain in an exact place.

I got the call afterwards that Diggers, Cox, and Tiesto were all at Avalon. But, we were not in driving condition. I am glad no of them played though. They just listened to nailz

Area 2 WAS AMAZING! ylsuper.gif

Tiesto, Digweed & Cox rocked the shit out of that place. I have seen digweed and Tiesto before so I knew what to expect. Great as always. Never saw Cox live before just heard a few of his cd's. He dropped so many great beats I don't think I ever stopped moving. dance.gif The place was not too crowded. There was so much room to dance. The crowd was diverse but I did not run into any assholes. Always a good thing. ;)

The only negative to the day was the heat index. WAY TOO HOT. Thank god for the a/c in the tent. It was a life saver.

Walked over to the main stage a few times. Blue Man Group was okay..much better in a smaller setting. They only played music I think...no audience participation. Bowie was a bit depressing..too slow. Moby was pretty good. Like Kaydup said....nice way to end the day.

Oh ya....Busta Rhymes was a NO SHOW!! A few of the people I were with were very upset about this. He was the only hip hop act scheduled to show.

Anyway...it was a great day...hope something like this comes around next year.

herz.gifChristine

Oh yeah. I can't move my legs at all. They are KILLING me, my calfs are in pure pain. I was sooooo glad there was room to move.

There were people ther older than my parents banged up. And little kids. Very weird crowd. I thought that people our age were the minority there.

Also in the parking lot I had to tell the kids across from us that there crap cheese CD had to be turned down. So we just cranked Howells louder:D

yo kaydup! sorry we lost each other... when the line moved it moved fast... at least we ran into each other .. how is it that i can run into you at a 5,000+ person festival and you and j5 can't seem to meet at rise, eh?

i thought the crowd was cool.. lots of room for dancing... and speaking of, there was no way in hell i was going out after dancing all day. my body was done... i was so tired and hurting i couldn't even eat...

yeah, great day!

Originally posted by a1wave

.. how is it that i can run into you at a 5,000+ person festival and you and j5 can't seem to meet at rise, eh?

:laugh: :laugh: hit the nail on the head right there!!

Then again Katie, I'm pretty convinced that I'd bump into you in a crowd of 100,000! I always seem to run into you a good 3 or 4 times over any given night, no matter where we are. Then again, that may be because we're never too far from the DJ booth :cool:

Glad you guys had fun at Area 2, my friend's party was a blast as well!

Originally posted by spydagirl

Area 2 WAS AMAZING! ylsuper.gif

Oh ya....Busta Rhymes was a NO SHOW!! A few of the people I were with were very upset about this. He was the only hip hop act scheduled to show.

herz.gifChristine

my guess busta no showed Area 2 on saturday so he could hang out in jersey for funkmasterflex's annual car show. i heard him on Hot97 earlier in the week promoting it.