Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Let's Clear This Up

phunk303

Without making this into a short novel I will get right to the point. I originally was supposed to play from 1am to 4am. I got a phone call from the head promoter of Space around 5pm asking me if I can come in one hour early to play. I agreed and then asked if I was still to play until my original cut off time which was 4am? He said yes. Meaning 1 hour at the top of my set had been added.

In the DJ booth the sound guy for Space told me my set was to 3:00 am. already 1 hour earlier than scheduled. Next the fireworks started in the booth because someone from my management company (Felix) was defending my rights to finish playing my set at 4 which is what my CONTRACT stated. Then David started arguing with him also and i grabbed Felix and told him not to worry about fighting this issue i'll play until 3:30. Then the sound guy wants to cut off 15 more minutes and and tells me I have to stop at 3:15. So at that point i told him forget about 3:15 i'll finish my set now.

While true that it is solely the decision of club and its management to make schedules once they are MADE it is an ETHICAL responsibility for them to keep it.

When an artist and venue have a contract either written or verbal it is the obligation of those parties to keep their promise.

It wouldn't be justice if it were the other way around and I wouldn't have met my end of the deal and show up like at 2 am or cut my set short.

At the time i got on the decks it was an understanding it was going to be to 4 am

Surely I wasn't going to be thick headed enough to where I wouldn't be able to compromise something between David Padilla, Club Space and Myself But I emphasize that in the DJ booth during my set IS NOT THE TIME to do that. all of us have had years of relationships to where we CAN come to an agreement.

I showed the same level of professionalism to them which I feel they showed me. Im upset that the crowd enjoying my MUSIC had to be the one to suffer AGAIN.

While I appreciate all of you and your support in this message board and others. I would like to and prefer that the disputes and disagreements between everyone involved can be made in privacy behind closed doors where it should be made and not on a message board.

I strongly thank everyone that continues to show a support for me. Political backlash takes a back-seat to MUSIC. I play MUSIC and MUSIC shall prevail!

Edgar V.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Edgar,

I was not present for friday's fiascal, however, I have been reading the comments on the boards. Thanks for clearing up the situation....

Going to a club should be about enjoying the music, dancing, and having fun; not about the politics of the club/orginization. Leave that shit for the drama board....

Keep on droppin' phat tracks EV:D

Lola:eek:

Fuck Saleen, you bitch and moan at how bad space treats you and what you want to do about it.

Then when someone does do something about it, you bitch at them.

There have been entirely too many people pissed at space to have them all be personality clashes or misunderstandings.

If I had to pick a side, I would pick Edgar's.

but since I almost never go to Space, I could really give a fuck about another disagreement in the clubing industry. Wow, promoter screws over DJ, or owner screws over promoter, what the fuck is new.

I really dont want to peek behind the curtain anymore.....

Without making this anymore stupid than what it is the follwoing things that am about to say are supposed to happen beucase Edgar V is a DUMB ASS:

1. To think to go back to space after he gets fucked up the ass by management he only deserve what he gets.

2. This only happens to Edgar for thinking he is BIG shit when when he is only a dj and must stay humble...like he used to be one time in his life.

3. To go back there is to sell your soul to the devil.

4. To go back there only shows that the only place edgar can pull a crowed is there...beucase ofcourse the crowed is there and noone will follow him anywere else.

5. To go back there ...means you get everything that is happening to you for screwing people over.

To finalize this...Edgar V will always get pushed around in Miami beucase people know they can walk all over him, i had short sucess at space but the fact of the matter is that "DO NOT FORGET WHERE YOU COME FROM, DONT FORGET HOW YOU GOT THERE, DONT FORGET WHO TAUGHT YOU EVERRYTHING AND DONT FUCK THE PEOPLE THAT MADE YOU.

Something that Edgar V forgot a longtime ago, he is an adorable person when its not business, he is a great person ...but DJING has gotten to his head in thinking just for that momment that youve made it......you have not made it ...it is only the begginging and you must loose it all before apriciating WHO GOT YOU HERE..lets not forget about the last 8 to 10 years.

EDDIE G RULES .... THE NEXT BIGTIME DJ OF MIAMI...NO MORE EDGARV ONLY EDDIE G

LIFE WITHOUT TRUE FRIENDS AINT LIFE ONLY PROBLEMS.

Originally posted by eddieg-soilder

Without making this anymore stupid than what it is the follwoing things that am about to say are supposed to happen beucase Edgar V is a DUMB ASS:

1. To think to go back to space after he gets fucked up the ass by management he only deserve what he gets.

2. This only happens to Edgar for thinking he is BIG shit when when he is only a dj and must stay humble...like he used to be one time in his life.

4. To go back there only shows that the only place edgar can pull a crowed is there...beucase ofcourse the crowed is there and noone will follow him anywere else.

5. To go back there ...means you get everything that is happening to you for screwing people over.

To finalize this...Edgar V will always get pushed around in Miami beucase people know they can walk all over him, i had short sucess at space but the fact of the matter is that "DO NOT FORGET WHERE YOU COME FROM, DONT FORGET HOW YOU GOT THERE, DONT FORGET WHO TAUGHT YOU EVERRYTHING AND DONT FUCK THE PEOPLE THAT MADE YOU.

Something that Edgar V forgot a longtime ago, he is an adorable person when its not business, he is a great person ...but DJING has gotten to his head in thinking just for that momment that youve made it......you have not made it ...it is only the begginging and you must loose it all before apriciating WHO GOT YOU HERE..lets not forget about the last 8 to 10 years.

:laugh: :laugh: how pathetic.. two post same crap. someone in need of a little attention? the drama is over bro; we’ve heard everybody’s side of the story. so you and your boyfriend " imgay "can crawl back, into the wholes you came out of. let it go !!

Originally posted by sobeton

how pathetic.. two post same crap. someone in need of a little attention? the drama is over bro; we’ve heard everybody’s side of the story. so you and your boyfriend " imgay "can crawl back, into the wholes you came out of. let it go !!

AMEN...i have talked to Edgar many a time after his sets at Shadow and sometimes at Grooveman, he is down to earth kind of guy....no one is more humble than Edgar (in this town, at least)....

Originally posted by sobeton

:laugh: :laugh: how pathetic.. two post same crap. someone in need of a little attention? the drama is over bro; we’ve heard everybody’s side of the story. so you and your boyfriend " imgay "can crawl back, into the wholes you came out of. let it go !!

:clap::clap::clap:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by eddieg-soilder

I agree with you. This guy thinks he some hot shit, but hes a dime a dozen. Outside Miami, people have nooooooooooooooo idea who he is. He rides the coat tails of pvd and he wasn't even allowed to open for him. Edgar the unemployment line is longer these days, keep up your antics and you'll be at the end....

DESCRIPTION: EXIT NIGHTCLUB is currently the LARGEST Nightclub in NYC. Currently the #1 Friday Party HotSpot. The Biggest and the Best. There is NO COMPETITION. Along with the size and name, also comes the Big Name DJS, such as DJ TIESTO, EDGAR V, and CHRISTOPHER LAWRENCE. This is a party that can not be missed! ( taken from www.*******.com)

Saleen,

You got to slow down with what your are saying about Edgar. Sometimes you make a good point, but it is rare. I know you like to cause drama, but trust me you are not going to win this one. To say that people have nooooo idea about Edgar V is well off base. And I'm sure in a few months from now if you actually HEAR Edgar spin, you will be posting about how he rocked the place. I find it humurous how you can say so many things about a DJ you know NOTHING about. That's right you have never heard him and you have never met him. Anything you do know is based on rumor, or something that was posted on this message board. Does that give you the right to make such statements? I think you have this little idea of anyone who ever dropped a trance record is a shitty DJ. Go hear him spin one night then come back and rag on him. At least you would have some first hand experience to talk of.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by chaos33

ok, I'm just an idiot, someone please explain to me how I can display url's for future reference.

you have to spell it out like

w w w

c l u b p l a n e t .

c o m

only way it will work.

ps anyone and mean anyone that steps foot inside that asian club called exit is a loser!!! That place on fridays has sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many 18 year olds with glow sticks and their anthem was Bandcamp by draper. ARe you out of your fing mind. Exit will close by FEB due to crobar. PS why would i go to exit instead of the roxy? Jv or draper. hard decsion, and lots of people will never step foot inside exit ever again no matter whos spining.. its ova and you should be asshamed of yourself to promote such a asain ufo club... you exit guys are soooooooooooo stuck in the mid 90's.....

ofcourse ... you would know being the club expert that you are.

btw, It's rude to talk shit about people you don't know, especially if they're some of the most humble, coolest dj's in Miami. It could eventually come back and bite you in the ass ...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djdekan

Dariush - Ira !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

track is 5 months old...... it was big in nyc for a week before the summer started... though you'll hear the samples from it in tons of tracks and sets. Even heard the synths on a picotto set....

DJ Saleen, When are you gonna come out with your own label, Im looking foward to it maybe even a magizine, Fuck it why dont you start making turntables....... Then Im gonna look foward to Saleen's Celebrity Club, guido fist pumping, Cheap ass, Louie Devito jocking, lower then the bridge and tunel crowd wannabees drinking the champagne of beers and talking about this sick tech set they heard by this amazing tech dj that they heard from a friends brothers uncle..... But they all know is was amazing......

Last fucking time I ever give you a drink.....

Originally posted by djdekan

DJ Saleen, When are you gonna come out with your own label, Im looking foward to it maybe even a magizine, Fuck it why dont you start making turntables....... Then Im gonna look foward to Saleen's Celebrity Club, guido fist pumping, Cheap ass, Louie Devito jocking, lower then the bridge and tunel crowd wannabees drinking the champagne of beers and talking about this sick tech set they heard by this amazing tech dj that they heard from a friends brothers uncle..... But they all know is was amazing......

Last fucking time I ever give you a drink.....

:eek: :eek: