Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IBIZA!! It's true...It's all true :)~

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

Getting to Ibiza was filled with pure aggrevation & anxiety...We took a million trains to get from Belgium to barcelona...which was about 20 HOURS! ...then figured we'll take a Ferry to from Barcelona to Ibiza...well that didnt work out cuz the Ferry was FULL plus it took 10 hrs...we were running around barcelona like crazy trying to get to an airport...in major traffic...knowing that we had already paid for a hotel that night in Ibiza...FINALLY, got to an airport found a flight on Spanair that was leaving in 45 min...

....woah what a day...but IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!!!!

Wow! I thought we had it bad. Yeah, when we got to Madrid we were suppose to be on the 5:50pm Spanair flight out to Ibiza and that's when they told us we were on stand by or we could eait for the next day flights.....we were like "oh no, hell no, we are getting to Ibiza today!" so I went and started to bug out on the ladies form Iberia and they hooked us up with the flight to Barcelona and than to Ibiza. The people who I was traveling with were cool about it and everyone just kept calm, I think it was those Valumes I gave them in JFK. They were still very melow...lol! In barcelona, they picked us up in a bus and drove us to the plain and ones we were in the plane and saw the Island as we were landing, we knew it was all worth it.....lol! You are so right about that!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sexxyme

2 more days...YAY:D [/quote

And counting huh...lol! Are you going with a tour operartor? I am so excited for all of you that are going this weeken because I know, when you come back you all are going to have the biggest smile on your faces!

I bought a book called "Misguided Ibiza" by Ministry of Sounds. This book is great it tells you where to go, places to see, the best parties and beach clubs....etc It also tells you things you must do while in Ibiza and recommendations from you favorite DJ's...for example: Steve Lawler's favorite sunset cafe is Mambo in San Antonio, etc.....

They also advice you, witch is my fave: "If you are vacationing in Ibiza for the summer, make sure you pace yourself, do relaxing things as well as partying but if you're there for a week....GO FOR MURDER!!!!!!"

It's a great book to have and to bring back home, You can get it at the Ministry of Sound store right in Ibiza town.

Oh and girls.....they have the cutest clubbing wear out there and the shoes, forget about! You'll go nuts, so be careful! They have some amazing boutiques out there.

Originally posted by bodynsoul

2 more days...YAY:D [/quote

And counting huh...lol! Are you going with a tour operartor? I am so excited for all of you that are going this weeken because I know, when you come back you all are going to have the biggest smile on your faces!

I bought a book called "Misguided Ibiza" by Ministry of Sounds. This book is great it tells you where to go, places to see, the best parties and beach clubs....etc It also tells you things you must do while in Ibiza and recommendations from you favorite DJ's...for example: Steve Lawler's favorite sunset cafe is Mambo in San Antonio, etc.....

They also advice you, witch is my fave: "If you are vacationing in Ibiza for the summer, make sure you pace yourself, do relaxing things as well as partying but if you're there for a week....GO FOR MURDER!!!!!!"

It's a great book to have and to bring back home, You can get it at the Ministry of Sound store right in Ibiza town.

Oh and girls.....they have the cutest clubbing wear out there and the shoes, forget about! You'll go nuts, so be careful! They have some amazing boutiques out there.

Thank u....TOMORROW IS THE DAYYYYYYYYY...and I'm going for a week to Spain...and then for another week to Ibiza..AND IM GOING FOR MURDER :D

Originally posted by zeeker

IBIZA! i'm jealous as hell. hopefully next year...

Just start to put $$ away right now every week! That's what we're doing starting Sept. The Ibiza Fund...lol

We just have to go back at least one more time. I feel like I was robbed...lol! I didn't get to do all thing I wanted to do and next summer we're staying for two weeks and we are doing it right! Than I think I'll be satisfied :D

I think next summer we are going with like 10 people! After seeing our video tape, they were all drooling.........

Thank u....TOMORROW IS THE DAYYYYYYYYY...and I'm going for a week to Spain...and then for another week to Ibiza..AND IM GOING FOR MURDER :D

GIRRRRRL!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!

I'm at work right now....I'm jealous, I'm so jealous! :eek:

Have a great time and a save trip and savor each moment, even the stressful ones! Enjoy!

Originally posted by jonbawls28

the girl in the hip hugger skirt and sunglasses....i was the guy in the tank top and sunglasses, i guess we all kind of looked the same, i was at space for the manumission carry over too, people were a little too cracked out for me. did they take ur pic at space? they put them all on their web-site. and i almost forgot about the vodka lemons, how great are those things????? (actually a little too great) its pretty funny that we were in alot of the same places and didnt run into each other, i was spotting the few and far between americans and chilling with them (although i would much rather hang out with the europeans) i am also a little upset too hear how good morillo was, like i said, i didnt go because the guy got sick at the pre-party....but u sound like u had a sick time, i hope i can get some of my pics up soon (although they don't really do ibiza any justice....no pics of space=no justice to ibiza) where do u chill in ny? and i definately need to know how u got a better deal than bring it on, i did alot of research too, but i couldnt get anything (although i didnt book it until the end of may) i cant keep talking about ibiza....i might start crying

I'm trying to send you some pics! How the hell do I do that??? It's not working!

Originally posted by bodynsoul

GIRRRRRL!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!

I'm at work right now....I'm jealous, I'm so jealous! :eek:

Have a great time and a save trip and savor each moment, even the stressful ones! Enjoy!

Thank youuuu..I DEF WILL...

23 more hours to go...but who's counting hehe:D

• 3 weeks later...

2 more weeks to goooo.. I'll be there again. This time for the closing parties. I got a 2 bedroom apt rented for 8 nites right by Space for $107 a night. sleeps 5 ppl and i am gonna split it w 2 friends. screw those cheap as bring it on hotels. flight cost me $814.

last year also it cost me almost the same.

I can't wait to see Sasha at Space on sept 15.

Originally posted by razzati420

ok soo how much do u guys spend all an all .. about ....

?

like 2 grand ... 3 grand ..?

just curious on how much i need to be saving ... :hat: [/quote

well, air will cost you about 800 to 1000 and hotel **** will run you about 85 to 100 a night but if you stay in a *** it can from 60 to 80 than you'll need spending cash. expect to spend at least $100 a day.

we went for a month last year (I work for myself, thank god!) 28 nights to be exact, RIGHT over september11th! I was on the beach at Mambo Cafe drinking sangria the day it happened. We went to the internet cafes and read the times online to get into, everyone was imi'ng us bugging out. Really weird, but I guess theres nowhere else I'd rather be during that!

Stay halfway between Space and Ibiza town - then you're within walking distance to both. We walked EVERYWHERE. Its a waste to go for a week! Figure you spend the same airfare whether you're there for a week or 3 months so why not extend the trip - our hotel was $40 a night and a HUGE studio with a hugeee terrace and kitchen! Split 2,3 ,4 ways ,extending it 5 or 6 nights is not a lot, and you can actually relax and not have to be mangled and running around 24 7 . We'd go out 2-3 nights then take a night off.

You learn a lot from the people too, you don't even realize it at the time..How people think from different backgrounds and cultures and just the way people live...Really is a good placet o clear your head and the Europeans are so much more relaxed, positive and friendly! Its CRAZY being in nyc thinking about all that going on. I wanted to stay there for the entire summer but at some point it just gets ridiculous and you definitely could get lost in it all!!! 3 weeks would have been perfect.

The closing parties are the best week to go - just plan around your fav. dj's. Space/Pacha/Amnesia/Manumission closing .....