Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dinner/Date Location in DC

andre9000

Where is a nice place you would take a girlfriend/boyfriend to dinner for their birthday in the city? I have had suggestions ranging from Sequoia to Citronelle to Goldoni to Obelisk to Vidalia.

After reading reviews I am thinking of Citronelle or Goldoni. Has anyone eaten at these spots and can give recommendations, or has gone elsewhere that was great atmosphere with great food?

Also - what is a nice spot for just drinks afterwords? I have gone to Ozio before, and enjoyed that. I'd be wearing a nice suit and she'll have a nice dress on, so something classy. Any recommendations would be appreciated!!

Originally posted by andre9000

There's also some place on top of a hotel or office building and it overlooks the white house and it spins. Anyone heard of that?

mm, it doesnt spin but it's a really nice bar that has a great view...it's the top of the Washington Hotel (or maybe it's the Hotel Washington)

i havent eaten at either of those places, but my choice for a great date place is either u-topia on u street or al tiramisu in dupont circle. al tiramisu is quite pricey (u-topia is much more reasonable) but it's amazing food, nice quiet atmosphere. u-topia is great too but a bit louder, but great decor, etc.

Vidalia is my fav for special dinners in town. Superb food and service. If price is not really an issue, also consider L'Auberge Chez Francois in Great Falls. As for after, I'm not really sure, it's been a really long time since I've been out in a suit. Let me think about it and I'll get back to you. I don't care that much for the Hotel Washington. It's usually crowded and I think the only special thing about it is that it overlooks the White House.

Originally posted by crank47

Vidalia is my fav for special dinners in town. Superb food and service. If price is not really an issue, also consider L'Auberge Chez Francois in Great Falls. As for after, I'm not really sure, it's been a really long time since I've been out in a suit. Let me think about it and I'll get back to you. I don't care that much for the Hotel Washington. It's usually crowded and I think the only special thing about it is that it overlooks the White House.

I may have to check out that Chez place, if not this time some time in the future. For a special "once-in-a-while" occasion, price really won't matter for that night.

As for Hotel Washington, is it at least better than Ozio?

I may have to check out that Chez place, if not this time some time in the future. For a special "once-in-a-while" occasion, price really won't matter for that night.

Someone has some $$$ to spend! :D

Yes, Hotel Washington would be much better than Ozio for drinks after dinner. That would be a prob if you went to L'Auberge, it's in Great Falls, outside the beltway.

Here be some links for reviews:

http://www.washingtonian.com/dining/Profiles/LAuberg.html

http://www.washingtonian.com/dining/Profiles/Galileo.html

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Ahhhhh Vic & Velvet you guys are cracking me up! :laugh2:

So uhm... Vic... wanna go out for some rubber-burned squirrel and a lil glue huffing?

wanna be my fav cheap date vixen? forget the glue and carcasses, only the best biggie sized meals for you.

Originally posted by crank47

Someone has some $$$ to spend! :D

Yes, Hotel Washington would be much better than Ozio for drinks after dinner. That would be a prob if you went to L'Auberge, it's in Great Falls, outside the beltway.

Here be some links for reviews:

http://www.washingtonian.com/dining/Profiles/LAuberg.html

http://www.washingtonian.com/dining/Profiles/Galileo.html

I like the sound of that Galileo place, but why are the reservations so hard to get? Is it really small? How is the atmosphere, slightly romantic or just outright confined and stuff?

I like the sound of that Galileo place, but why are the reservations so hard to get? Is it really small? How is the atmosphere, slightly romantic or just outright confined and stuff?

Reservations for Galileo are not that hard to get. Reservations for Laboratorio are very hard to get since it's a special dining set-up for a small group of people where the chefs prepare the meal in front of you. I haven't been, be a good friend took his gf there for her birthday and said it was amazing.

More review links:

http://eg.washingtonpost.com/profile/1026895/?&flavor_id=2&context=restaurants

eithr you really wanna impress this chick or you just wanna make sure ur on that will :D