Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who doesn't spin??

I recently bought some equipment and started spinning. I'll be glad to give anyone a CD if they like the sounds of a herd of elephants, well dying herds of elephants. That's what I sound like. Guess I need lots more practice. A lot harder than I ever imagined, but gives me lots more respect for those who can keep their tunes in beat!

Frisco

I used to have dual American Pro DJ cd players w/ mixer, but i don't know if you consider that mixing :confused:

I don't plan on getting turntables anytime soon, for im more of a wanna-be producer. Hoping to salvage some cash soon to get a synth and a drum machine, perhaps a sampler, then we'll see what i can create, but no :spin2: for now ~

yeah i always hate that shit

being in a club and being bombarded by little hoodies calling themselves dj's and say they spin music genres that to be honest i never fucking heard of. (cuz they don't exist?!!!!!) and all trying to get you to take their business cards and url's saying i'm spinning this date...but it's just another damn net brodcast.

turntable users...unless you got a paid job playing your shit...don't call yourself a dj.

everyone is a dj these days

least my pt-2400's are put to good use.:mad:

now thats some drama shit

Originally posted by hoke

I don't spin either... but if I did, my decks and mixer would look something like the ones Cintron's using in that photo... :P

Yeah. If we were at your house and those were your decks and i was pretending to mix atmospheric breaks into tech house, i'd probably look something like i do in the picture.

Yeah something like that...

but no i dont spin. it's all pretend.

Homegrown was a spoof - i really just put on a cd and made it look like i was working the vinyl even though i have no clue what the knobs do

I spin but lately I've changed up my style alot....Now its a blend of 80's new wave, some up tempo county, and classic jazz......Like I could drop a Billy Ray Cyrus acapella over the instrumental part of Simple Minds - Dont You Forget About Me.....The crowd goes wild everytime I pull that out....:D